Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My parents want me to pay them rent to live in the house. EFF THAT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you talked to you parents at all about it?
    1998 Milano Red Civic DX 5spd - 1797cc B18C

photoPOC

Comment

Im int he same boat. my sister got her school paid for her and when I turned 18 my parents said opps sorry no money for you...in fact I think you should start paying rent.

so I moved out. my mom begged me to move back in and said I wouldnt have to pay rent, but she wasnt going to pay for my school. *shrug*
      1988 Nissan 300ZX Turbo SS : My Shiro Special site. Limited edition Z31 model.
      Engine: K&N Intake, HKS Exhaust, Poly motor mounts
      Suspension: ST front springs, SS rear springs, full poly bushing set and spring seats, BILSTEIN shocks/struts, Cusco front strut brace
      The last last letter of the alphabet is also the last word in sports cars: Z
      Dyno 5-14-05: 175.17 HP @ 5200rpm & 200.36 Torque @ 3800rpm

Comment

have you talked to them about this?
        When I was your age, Pluto was a planet

Comment

Unless your parents are...dead from the neck up, they should see how unfair this is to you. Have you disrespected their authority over you pertaining to living in their house? (ie: Maybe not cleaned your room if they asked, didn't do chores they wanted you to do...etc.) That could be a reason. How are you doing in school? I ask because parents are more prone to pull crap like this if you're doing a bad job. Or, maybe they just want you out of the house

kat
          Katrena
          Sold 97 Rio Red PGT Stock
          RIP 94 Electric Red PGT Borla • TW Motorsports
          95 Seafoam Green PGT
          I facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ-Anakin
            have you talked to them about this?

You need to talk to them and find out why you're being treated so differently. Still, you'll like being moved out, I moved out when I was 17 and haven't looked back!

New toy: '06 Mazdaspeed 6
            Fun times: '04 CBR 600rr & '06 GSX-R750

Comment

yup, parents acting 'asshole-ish'.

can't tell you why they're treating you differently than your brother. it's probably best to sit down with your parents and trying to figure out why things are so radically different. there's got to be a reason about it, but try to keep your composure and talk about it with your parents reasonably.

other than that, you either pay the piper or move. pretty much how it's going to be when you actually DO move out.

'discuss'. sounds more like you wanted to rant.
              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Did they give you a reason why they want you to pay, but that they pay for your brother. Normally I would say, pitch in and help with the cost of the roof over your head, but that seems like crap to me. Get a small cheap place. I have had to live with my folks a few times (2-3 months at a time) since I was 18 and HATED it every time. Its expensive, but damn is it nice to be responsible for your own crap.
                "real men do it in 13 seconds".
                67 Mustang coupe, 70 mustang mach1 fb, 94 MX-6 LS, 99 ford ranger 4x4

Comment

im sure we're not necessarily getting the whole story here....but i got a few questions:

1) are u redheaded?
                  2) are u a stepchild?

NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

I started a paper route at 11. At which point I paid for everything for myself. I asked for clothes or money for clothes for B-days, and C-mas. @ 15 I was forced to start paying $50 a week to live in my parents house. @17 I beat the shit out of my stepfather due to his disrespect for me for the last time. Then I left...
                    ~Jay~
                    04 Mazda 6S Wagon
                    1995 PGT~ZE (sold)
                    1993 PGT (sold)

Comment

id move out...why pay rent at home when u can pay for ur own place and have ur own rules and stuff....thats if u can afford it.

"I am guided by a force much greater than luck" - Lucas from Empire Records

Comment

Originally posted by GT~ZE
                        @17 I beat the shit out of my stepfather due to his disrespect for me for the last time. Then I left...
                        Most people go to jail for that. Or is that where you left to go?
                        Cobra Commander was robbed. He should have been our 44th president.
                        http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2463

Comment

Originally posted by EvilDave
                          Most people go to jail for that. Or is that where you left to go?
                          If you only had a clue of what my life was like and what lead up to it you would have helped. He is lucky he wasn't killed at that point. Do you seriously think at that point my life was worth a shit to give a shit about going to jail?
                          ~Jay~
                          04 Mazda 6S Wagon
                          1995 PGT~ZE (sold)
                          1993 PGT (sold)

Comment

If you only had a clue of what my life was like and what lead up to it you would have helped. He is lucky he wasn't killed at that point. Do you seriously think at that point my life was worth a shit to give a shit about going to jail?
                            Gee I don't know. I know jack about you. When you make a comment in public like that where nobody knows you don't expect people to just ignore it out of context. So no I don't seriously think about that point in your life because I know nothing about that (or any OTHER) point in your life.

PS, Threatening to kill someone because they "disrespected" you makes out YOU as a punk not the other guy.

Comment

F'you Dave. Again... You know nothing. Not everyone is a miserable piece of shit like you. I mearly pointed out my situation. He is 21, he is lucky they didn't ask for it earlier.

Also I have been here since 2000 too. Plenty of people know me and my situation from back home.
                              ~Jay~
                              04 Mazda 6S Wagon
                              1995 PGT~ZE (sold)
                              1993 PGT (sold)

Comment

F'you Dave. Again... You know nothing. Not everyone is a miserable piece of shit like you. I mearly pointed out my situation. He is 21, he is lucky they didn't ask for it earlier.
                                Hey nice attitude. I've changed my earlier opinion of you. You most definitely ARE a punk. I mean according to you, I'm miserable, but then again, I don't go around threatening to kill people because I got dissed. BTW, please clarify, you were 17, your stepfather 21?

Also I have been here since 2000 too. Plenty of people know me and my situation from back home.
                                And this means? I should care because? I don't care if you go back to the old listserv from the mid to late 90's. Plenty of people isn't everyone, and it DEFINITELY isn't me.

Buddy you are flat out wrong. You threatened to kill someone because they disrespected you. That is punk behavior of the first order. If you had a justifiable reason, then you could have taken legal action. Personally, I don't give a rats ass about your life. However, YOU jumped all over ME for pointing out YOUR problem. Sounds to me like you still have a few....issues.
                                Last edited by EvilDave; August 26, 2004, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X