Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 gt maf swapped map sensor

ecu i am told is a 97 millie
    car has a hard time starting, everytime i have to give it gas to start and then hold an idle
    my buddy came over with this super expensive snap on obd 2 scanner, hooked it up
    He said i need the map sensor, the ecu thinks it is below seal level and thats why she is starting like that
    something about the start up f/a mixture is wrong and car cant adjust it without map sensor
    he siad the ecu must have come from somewhere below sea level to be stuck like that
    Anybody heard of this, is it even possible?? it does sound possible.
    if i swap back to vaf and stock ecu, she starts right up, no problems, no gas pedal needed
    ALso does anyone have a part # for the map sensor. Rock auto dont show one and napa dont see it in there system???

Anybody? Has anyone ever encountered same problem wit their Maf swapped probe? Could

Comment

Jea7.. Also used on ford aspire

Comment

Maybe you have the MAF wires hooked up wrong?

I think someone pasted the MAF swap write-up was showing the wiring from the connector not the MAF?
        Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
        STEVE B
        1993 Probe GT
        2016 Mustang

Comment

Is there even a manifold absolute pressure sensor? I thought these ecu's do all the calculations by using mass airflow combined with temperature?

Anyhow, resetting the ECU should remove any previous settings. If there's still something wrong then yes, sensor replacement time (or wire check time as SBPGT suggested)

Comment

It is wired up properly. Car drives fine, pulls past four grand. Is there another way to reset it?, besides disconnecting the battery.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

From what I know the map sensor is on the Milenias so when you Maf swap a probe you don't have the map unless you install it

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Yes there is a map sensor it is a three wire sensor that has a vacum line that has to be hooked up to a vacuum on the manifold, my buddy found it on rock auto, I was looking under wrong section. It is under air slash fuel on rockauto

Comment

someone needs to talk to skippy
              1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
              Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

Dammitcam ?????? Skippy what, who, when, where, and how!?!?!?

Comment

It throws a MAP code as the Milly uses a 4 wire i believe compared to our car which has a 3 wire. But it still runs just fine without any issues just running our stock one. It just tosses a code. But thats not your issue. Well unless your original stock Map might be faulty. Im betting your wiring is wrong, or you have a vac leak.
                  PaTricK
                  ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

tha car is a 94 obd 1, i do not think it has a map sensor, or it is part of the vaf???(i thought) but vaf does not matter as she is maf swapped, and the maf system does not include the map sensor, it is a seperate of maf stuff.
                    wiring is correct, i have tripled checked, car runs fines besides the start up issue, and revs past four grand
                    and there are no vacuum lines, all are deleted and sensors capped off
                    only codes i am throwing are for the auto trans
                    if i swap back to stock ecu and vaf car starts no problems

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

i have also tried reseting the ecu, every single way possible:
                    brake pedal method, undo battery ground, undo battery positive, undo both,unplug ecu from harness, even tried sweet talking and dirty talking and life threating, tried smashing stuff while i had the ecu out of car watching me(LOL), none has helped
                    i have ordered a map sensor
                    from my research a 97 mazda millie uses a three wire map sensor,
                    i will wire this in and see what happens and let you guys know

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

heres my thoughts right.
                    if map sensor helps wit fuel air mixture at start up,
                    my boy says it is flooding the car wit fuel,
                    if the ecu came from a place below sea level, then reseting the ecu will just reset it back to below sea level, NO!!!????
                    without the map sensor to tell it to adjust, then it will always start up and say ,
                    "oh im below sea level"
                    right or no???!!??

Comment

No... ECU's are configured using settings so they can function in a wide variety of environments with a wide variety of possible fuel types. When something is off or when the ECU is first started after clearing all learned settings it will default to a safe map and will start learning from there what the optimal settings are. I've never ever heard of altitude being an issue after clearing ECU settings.

What does influence fuel air mixture at startup is your fuel pressure solenoid. However that one should throw a code if it's faulty. You could try bypassing it. Also check if your idle air screw and TPS sensor are setup correctly. However I'm betting on incorrect wiring being the issue after all.

Mind you this link is FS only but I can't imagine the principle being much different from the KL:
                      http://mazda626.net/topic/41670-meet...lator-control/
                      Last edited by MikaNL; July 24, 2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

fuel pressure solenoid is good, no code. tried by passing, same thing happens. idle screw and tps are set perfectly, i have recheck those so many times i have nightmares about it LOL
                        also for the thrid time in this post WIRING IS CORRECT
                        car rides fine besides the start up, and revs past four grand
                        i also have nightmares about this wiring because i have checked it 9000 times LOL
                        again if i swap back to xtreme things ecu or stock ecu wit vaf, she fires right up

Comment

when i switch back to vaf and she fires right up, its amking me think problem is the ecu or in the adpater harness, if it was in the car side of the harness, problem would always be there
                          this problem only occurs wit maf swap

Comment

could you please open up the milly ecu and take a good quality close up photo of the inside content, then i'll be able to tell if you have a BARO sensor
                            95' Probe GT - done & rolling
                            97' Probe 2.0L - SOLD

Comment

Did you purchase your kit from me? If need be, you can send me your components of the MAF swap kit and I can test it all for you and let you know what the deal is on my test car.

BTW Im the Skippy that Cam is talkin about lol
                              1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X