1994 Ford probe gt build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
    How do you know that the turbo will produce 500whp on a Probe? I think I may have seen much larger turbos struggling to hit 500 whp. Or it may be that I just don't know my turbos all that well (because I do not -being the anti-turbo person that I am).
    The turbo I bought is a precision 6176e. Rated for 680hp and can easily get 600whp out of it. The E cover is 3" inlet 2" outlet.

It has a 61mm compressor side and a t4 tangential .58 ar turbine housing so I would need to change the flange on the cxracing manifold as it's a t3.

It's also known as the sc6176 and there is enough information from the Honda guys on honda tech about it.

Originally posted by proboner View Post
    I would recommend getting better internals rather than better exhaust manifolds, as manifolds really aren't a point of great stress. Given the safety you're trying to build into this, I find it a bit strange that you're going with the mish mash internals with marginally more power handling over stock.

Otherwise keep it up!
    I'll see about some reinforcement for it when I get the flange changed.

I've been thinking about selling the setup and going k1 rods and forged pistons. Raceeng still has a setup but it's $1297.

Im going to see if I can get a set up cheaper than that or if anybody knows someone selling a forged setup that would be great.

I still have more reading and research to do. I want to make sure I do it right the first time.
    Last edited by Stanced4lyfe; December 30, 2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• What are you going to build the trans out of? Adinantium isn't real....
      94 PGT
      [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

• Originally posted by xrp861 View Post
        Adinantium isn't real....

Adamantium is the correct spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by P1P View Post
          I thought it was spelled unobtainium?
          Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 31, 2017, 06:59 AM.
          Success is a measure of determination!
          Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
          $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
          Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by xrp861 View Post
            What are you going to build the trans out of? Adinantium isn't real....
            Originally posted by P1P View Post
            Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
            I thought it was spelled unobtainium?
            Either insane or dss axles, mfactory lsd, mfactory gears and I already have the mfactory rebuild kit.

I already called mfactory and they do or can make 500whp+ gears for our application for cheaper than par gears.

King6 or darren has all the suspension parts to reinforce the front including a Turbo crossmember and a rear crossmember for the trans case. I should be good there once I buy it.

Lol what is this word that y'all speak of? That's a first for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post

Lol what is this word that y'all speak of? That's a first for me.

Adamantium is the metal that was fused into Wolverine body in the comics it is suppose to be indestructible

Vibranium - the metal Captain America shield is made of which is also suppose to be indestructible

Comment

• Wiki:

In fiction, engineering, and thought experiments, unobtainium is any fictional, extremely rare, costly, or impossible material, or (less commonly) device needed to fulfill a given design for a given application. The properties of any particular unobtainium depend on the intended use. For example, a pulley made of unobtainium might be massless and frictionless; however, if used in a nuclear rocket, unobtainium would be light, strong at high temperatures, and resistant to radiation damage. The concept of unobtainium is often applied flippantly or humorously. For instance, unobtainium is described as being stronger than steel, and lighter than helium.
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

I just hope I do everything right the first time and I don't grenade anything.
                  so are you running a AIC

Comment

• Justin hit 500whp with a t66. You probably shouldn't be comparing turbo sizing to a civic.
                    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

• Originally posted by P1P View Post
                      Adamantium is the metal that was fused into Wolverine body in the comics it is suppose to be indestructible

Vibranium - the metal Captain America shield is made of which is also suppose to be indestructible
                      Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                      Wiki:

In fiction, engineering, and thought experiments, unobtainium is any fictional, extremely rare, costly, or impossible material, or (less commonly) device needed to fulfill a given design for a given application. The properties of any particular unobtainium depend on the intended use. For example, a pulley made of unobtainium might be massless and frictionless; however, if used in a nuclear rocket, unobtainium would be light, strong at high temperatures, and resistant to radiation damage. The concept of unobtainium is often applied flippantly or humorously. For instance, unobtainium is described as being stronger than steel, and lighter than helium.
                      That's crazy because I watched the movie explaining this smh.

so are you running a AIC
                      OK will no lie what is aic? Air intercooler?

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
                      Justin hit 500whp with a t66. You probably shouldn't be comparing turbo sizing to a civic.
                      It's not just the civic. I've read about it on other cars and nobody to my knowledge has run it on a 2.5L kl. Majority of the information other than precision about this Turbo is on hondatech.

The only reason why I mentioned it. I've seen YouTube videos of different cars running the turbo like an is300.

I'm getting a yield bonus from work and it's officially income tax season so from now until maybe March I'll be buying more goodies!

I also just spent a week in Florida for new years and had a 2018 camaro rs as a rental car. I want something fast now lol car space wise sucked but in manual mode and in sport that some bish moved!!!

Now I really want to finish the probe.

Comment

That's crazy because I watched the movie explaining this smh.
                        What is smh?

Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post
                        OK will no lie what is aic? Air intercooler?
                        It could mean air intercooler -but it could also mean air inlet control.

Too many acronyms!
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

• AIC - additional injector controller

in your first post you stated 2 different size injectors so I assuming you are running 12 injectors is why i asked

here's what you wrote copy and paste:

-Borg Warner Gm-5 turbo (not installed)
                          -Precision 6176e turbo (not installed)
                          -Mazda Rx7 fd primary injectors (not installed)
                          -Mazda Rx7 fd secondary injectors (not installed)
                          -Cxracing Turbo manifold (not installed)

so I am assuming you running (6) 550cc and (6) 850cc

6 -850's alone should get you 670 crank and 570 to the wheels depending on what duty cycle you run the injectors and what fuel pressure you run

so I made the statement because you have 2 different injectors listed when all you really need is one set

Comment

• 550s will get you to 500 easy
                            1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

• Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                              What is smh?

It could mean air intercooler -but it could also mean air inlet control.

Too many acronyms!
                              I'm so sorry. Smh is shaking my head just a shorter term.

AIC - additional injector controller

in your first post you stated 2 different size injectors so I assuming you are running 12 injectors is why i asked

here's what you wrote copy and paste:

-Borg Warner Gm-5 turbo (not installed)
                              -Precision 6176e turbo (not installed)
                              -Mazda Rx7 fd primary injectors (not installed)
                              -Mazda Rx7 fd secondary injectors (not installed)
                              -Cxracing Turbo manifold (not installed)

so I am assuming you running (6) 550cc and (6) 850cc

6 -850's alone should get you 670 crank and 570 to the wheels depending on what duty cycle you run the injectors and what fuel pressure you run

so I made the statement because you have 2 different injectors listed when all you really need is one set
                              Lol once again I apologize for the misconception. I've been also posting the parts I do have but don't plan on using.

I will make a for sale thread with the proper pictures to get rid of alot of parts I don't plan on using.

Changed the whole direction of this build.

Ill be running the precision turbo of course and the 850cc injectors. I'll be selling the 550cc injectors and borg warner gm 5 if anyone is interested.

Ill be selling my vitara pistons and milly rods as well.

I'm upgrading to either the mishimoto R line or S line intercooler. The m line is only good to 450whp. If anyone wants it I'll be selling as well or keeping it as a spare.

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
                              550s will get you to 500 easy
                              Klze has told me before in a pm. I figure I would run the 850cc injectors to have more room for play.

Comment

Klze has told me before in a pm. I figure I would run the 850cc injectors to have more room for play.
                                850cc is serious overkill if you are only trying for 500 whp. It is always best to size your injectors correctly. The only people that I have ever sold 850cc injectors to were people running E85 and a few people with really big dreams that never came to fruition.

I believe people are running OK with E85 because I am guessing that it has a thicker consistency than typical high octane gas. I am not sure -but I know they have had success. But typically -you will not find 500 whp +/- 50 running 850cc injectors on a KL because -I believe it would make it harder to tune. I believe the 550 injectors give you plenty of room to play.

I would not listen to Honda guys when it comes to selecting your injectors. It is not a good side by side comparison. You should get some advise from those that have hit near 500 hp here on PT. Ask them what duty cycle they were running when hitting near 500 hp.

I could buy a ginormous centrifugal supercharger to put on my race car that is capable of producing 1000 whp. But in doing so -I may not even hit 500 whp. You should size things appropriately and the best source of sizing is those that have gone there/done that. Check with Dan Sac, Mac1 and a few others to find out what boost they were running to hit near 500 whp and what injectors/ duty cycle they were running.

That is your best source for accurate information -not some Honda guys that don't know Probes. That is just my .02. Of course -I could be wrong in my sizing assumptions since I have not hit near 500 whp yet myself. I get my info from reading posts here on PT and not a Honda website.

P.S. I believe the 550cc = 500whp & 850cc = 800whp is only a KL generic rule of thumb. I do not know if this same generic rule of thumb applies to other motors.
                                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; January 6, 2018, 10:28 AM.
                                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                                X