This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..........WHO is THEY?
    ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
    ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
    ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

• how much do shops usually charge to install a clutch

Comment

• I've seen $450 up to whatever they want to charge....
        ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
        ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
        ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

• My local shop charged me I think $350 when I brought in my own clutch years ago.
          Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
          1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

• I've read EVERY SINGLE post on here. I still don't get on how you guys removed the (fire wall side) mount. you know the ones thats just above the pipe. I can't see how in the world you people get to them!!!! I can barley get a wrench in there and I can't break them loose. Any ideas?
            Blue 1993 Ford Probe GT with CAI, exhaust, Gutted, and now dead....donor parts.
            Black 1994 Probe GT, stright piped, CAI, light weight flywheel, stage 1 clutch, sensi body kit, custom spoiler, carbon hood, and purple neons!!!

Comment

• First post...
              Originally posted by TravisWilliams_GT
              [*]remove 3 rear motormount to transmission 17mm bolts, Start on the TOP One and work down (trust me)
              That's where it's removed. I've done it with the exhaust on just like TW suggested without any trouble.
              Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
              1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

• 17 mm box end wrench with another 17mm-ish wrench on the end for extra torque if needed. I've also managed to sneak a 3/4 drive stubby ratchet up there as well.

Comment

• Just wanted to finally say thanks to Travis for this write up! I followed it about 6 months ago and since then have had no problem at all with clutches, flywheels, or changing my tranny best time 6 hours, for clutch, fw, and tranny including lunch break(s)
                  "Built Ford tough... with Mazda stuff"

Ultrasonic Blue Mica 1993 Probe GT-ZE- [Sold]

Black 1997 Acura 3.2TL
                  - bone stock daily driver.

Comment

• Now my turn at doing this but would it be the same when changing the hole trans out with another 1
                    and I didn't see anything about the shifter ( or I missed it)

Comment

• You are talking about swapping an MTX for another MTX? If so then yes these will be good instructions and you must have missed the linckage part, I havent read this for a few years but I'm sure its in there somewhere.
                      Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
                      Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...
                      R.I.P. Joe Mohr 10/3/06, Tom Major 2/17/08
                      I dont do cars anymore, I have a type 03 FFL...

Comment

• thanks drumer919 I was hoping it was the same

Comment

• Once you get under there its all pretty straight forward. You drop the bell housing anyway just to get to the clutch (unless you have an extra jack and are really sneaky) Removing the driver side axle is optional.
                          "Built Ford tough... with Mazda stuff"

Ultrasonic Blue Mica 1993 Probe GT-ZE- [Sold]

Black 1997 Acura 3.2TL
                          - bone stock daily driver.

Comment

• Originally posted by driftinmkey
                            I've read EVERY SINGLE post on here. I still don't get on how you guys removed the (fire wall side) mount. you know the ones thats just above the pipe.
                            take a wrench and clamp a vise grip around one end. take out the middle bolt 1st ( i know, i know, but taking middle bolt 1st makes room to wrench on the top bolt)
                            its gonna take a while this way
                            or you can stick a rachet and a long extension thru behind the downpipe, theres not much room there either.
                            -Roman
                            93 teal mist PGT.....RIP march 21, 2008
                            95 white PGT....blown up, sold
                            94 325i...boring dd
                            02 R6....toy

Comment

• that's a seriously sick time... i just got done pulling, rebuilding, reinstalling, and replacing almost most of my 95 PGT and i wish i had known about this site b4 i got started... i'd have asked travis for some tips on that!!!! he could prolly do that in a weekend...

Comment

• Daym.. I can't replace the clutch all by myself.. Need to have atleast two companions to help me.. Unscrewing the bolts will also take some time.. Plus, removing the transmission support is hard to remove, unless there are two people supporting the transmission itself..

Comment

Working...
                                X