flywheel weights K8, KF, KL,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flywheel weights K8, KF, KL,

Hello, The new engine is an automatic so i need a flywheel. Doing a search of the forum has given a bunch of conflicting info. I need to know what flywheel to look for. I saw a photo of the KL01 and the KF01 but not the K8. so i would like to know the number stamped on the flywheel and the weight so far i know the KF01 is 16lbs and the KL01 is 22lbs what is the K8 weight and what engine is the K8 from? the 1.8? thanks in advance. Hydro

Originally posted by hydrolastic View Post
    what engine is the K8 from? the 1.8? thanks in advance. Hydro
    From the V6 1.8 MX-3 GS
    The only Honda I'll play with is from Street Fighter II

Comment

It's pretty tough to find k8 flywheel. Last I heard , most auto stores were selling kl wheels in place of the k8.

Maybe try finding a fidanza? They are 9 lb.

I have a chromoly and it's 12lb
      1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
        ...I have a chromoly and it's 12lb...
        I second the chromoly! After having compared all three in multiple builds -I have decided that the aluminum ones are too light, the stock one is to heavy -and so a middle contender (chromoly) is my preference.

Aluminum does not launch as hard -but will eventually spin up faster after you get moving.

Stock steel will more easily spin the tires from a dead stop (sometimes wasting power -depending upon the driver) -but is slower to spin up once the wheels grab.

Chromoly is a very good compromise between the two.
        Success is a measure of determination!
        Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
        $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
        Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
        Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
        X