No announcement yet.

Not able to set idle very high and keep it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can turn the screw while not in diagnostic mode to set your idle to where you want it to be. You may be covering up a different issue by doing so, but I unfortunately had to do the same thing to mine. I had a stupid high idle after I swapped my intake for one I ported and polished, I had to basically close the adjustment screw all the way to get the idle down to where its supposed to be. I probably have a small vac leak somewhere.

Comment

^ definitely a vac leak
      1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
        You installed an intake recently ? Is the vaf sitting perfectly level ? If it's on an angle it can cause stalling and idle issues.
        srs? If its not level it can cause issues? never heard this
        Automatic 97 Ford Probe GT 54,000 miles original engine n stuff.

Comment

Mine isn't level and no issues. Hasn't been level since the cai installed over 10 years ago. It's not level when you're parked on or driving up or down a hill either so that shouldn't have the effect your having. It sounds like you have either a vac leak or a pinched vac line somewhere. Some cars when the pcv hoses deteriorate they can suck themselves closed. Double check and triple check all the hoses connected to and around the intake and intake manifold.
          Last edited by Level 9; November 17, 2017, 08:37 AM.
          1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound
          2010 Ram 1500 4x4 - Daily Driver
          99 Mustang V6 stock inherited not sure what the plan is

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Angel View Post
            srs? If its not level it can cause issues? never heard this
            If it's not level with a cai the plunger cannot move freely.

I had a perfect running car, installed a 2 piece cai and had stalling and hesitation.

Try starting it without the 2nd piece of cai.
            1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
              If it's not level with a cai the plunger cannot move freely.

I had a perfect running car, installed a 2 piece cai and had stalling and hesitation.

Try starting it without the 2nd piece of cai.
              ive had my CAI for like 10 years and while the car produced a want to stall on rare ocassions on the hottest days when i ran it hard, this problem wasnt present really. I think possibly that had somehow been fixed but this problem came along shortly after. Now the want to stall is low end RPM when cold.
              My CAI cant be moved really, it already pops the hood up a small bit and the light raising RED twist thingy grinds against it.
              Automatic 97 Ford Probe GT 54,000 miles original engine n stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X