No announcement yet.

Anyone still own Ford Probe GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it's a 94 wild orchid automatic 62k on odometer and I was sitting in traffic somewhere on the east coast today and a red probe gt with a Vader body kit drove right by me he was in shock lol
    93 gtze -flat black-
    forged pistons and rods.
    coltcams/hotshots/
    cai/custom ecu. bored!

Comment

Other Probers always seem to be in a hurry, if you blink you miss em.
      Probe out for Harambe
      94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

still boosting about the place in mine
        Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
        Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
        Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Originally posted by P1P View Post
          did you ask him what rocks he was smoking lol

he wants $11000 for a 20 year old car that at most was $17000 when it was newly produce from the factory with 0 miles
          He will either decide it's not selling and lower the price or keep it. Not my business to question him. If he drops the price to something around 4k, I'd buy it.
          ¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

I have a 96 PGT. Found it last year in Ohio. It was stock. It's not stock anymore.
            I was tempted this week to buy an unmolested minty MX-6 in Virginia, but I restrained myself.
            1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
            2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
            2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Well, of course..

The 2nd gen Probe is all I've ever owned and ever will.

Still chasing my dreams..
              DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
              94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

'95 PGT here.
                '95 PGT, KLDE go boom, soon to be KLZE

"I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead."

Comment

Originally posted by KaedenKy View Post
                  He will either decide it's not selling and lower the price or keep it. Not my business to question him. If he drops the price to something around 4k, I'd buy it.
                  Saw the same one on CL. Wondered what was in the water there. Waaay overpriced.
                  Driving Probes for 20 years.
                  90LX traded in for
                  93GT traded in for
                  97GT still driving, temporarily sidelined-live bumper cars

Comment

Originally posted by KaedenKy View Post
                    I personally am looking for a nice one, one with 17000 miles popped up locally from an original owner. He is asking 11,000, so I passed.
                    I don't understand why people are complaining about the price for a single owner Probe with 17K original miles. I don't have the money to buy it -but it sounds like a fair price to me because of the miles.

I am sure that it is pristine and of collector value if it has always been garaged. $4k what you pay for a 80-100k car that is in very good condition and not a 17k car. If you are a $1k buyer then you should be looking at 140-150k cars and not 17k while complaining about the price.
                    Success is a measure of determination!
                    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

for a reference, KBB private sale value, even with the low, low, low mileage is only around $3200 for the area it's in. if it were a MT instead of AT i'd be more interested, but only in the 5k-6k range. don't really have even that much to spend, would try an find a way for a MT. There's a 97GTS in the same area with 135k, a MT, and at a more realistic price point.
                      Driving Probes for 20 years.
                      90LX traded in for
                      93GT traded in for
                      97GT still driving, temporarily sidelined-live bumper cars

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                        I don't understand why people are complaining about the price for a single owner Probe with 17K original miles. I don't have the money to buy it -but it sounds like a fair price to me because of the miles.

I am sure that it is pristine and of collector value if it has always been garaged. $4k what you pay for a 80-100k car that is in very good condition and not a 17k car. If you are a $1k buyer then you should be looking at 140-150k cars and not 17k while complaining about the price.

kelly blue book

$2650.00 after a car is so many years old mileage doesnt matter

and thats in excellent condition -

Excellent - 3% of cars are excellent condition

Looks new and is in excellent mechanical condition
                        Has never had any paint touch-ups and/or bodywork
                        Does not need reconditioning
                        The engine compartment is clean and free of leaks
                        Is free of rust
                        The body and interior are free of wear or visible defects
                        Wheels are flawless
                        All tires match and are like new
                        Has a clean title history and will pass a safety and smog inspection
                        Has complete and verifiable service records

this is why $11000 is way too much money

he stand a better chance at $5000 and thats still a little high

it's not like this car is a well sought after car by many and if you bought it you would never get half your money back out of it

there is no value or market for a probe unless you just a guy that likes to be probed lol

dont you hate the probe jokes

I know you die hard probe guys love probes but theres a big difference between love and reality

love - you spend $11k
                        reality- car doesnt value that high
                        Last edited by P1P; July 3, 2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post

It's only worth what people are willing to pay. For a Probe GT, 4k is my ceiling. For the Porsche I just bought, I paid much more.

I didn't complain, I said 11k was too high for me. I rather spend that 11k on my turbo 944.

¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

Originally posted by trakman View Post
                            for a reference, KBB private sale value, even with the low, low, low mileage is only around $3200 for the area it's in. if it were a MT instead of AT i'd be more interested, but only in the 5k-6k range. don't really have even that much to spend, would try an find a way for a MT. There's a 97GTS in the same area with 135k, a MT, and at a more realistic price point.
                            You cannot rely on KBB. It will tell you that almost any antique car with extremely low mileage isn't worth crap. I ignore KBB because it is a tool for banks and nothing more!

17k miles is just a little over new mileage. A newer Honda or similar with only 17k miles won't be priced too far below the original price. A Probe (in the days of production) that cost $15k would now cost (with inflation added) probably around $25k or so. And if you knock some off for the few miles put on it -then $11k sounds fair to me. $4k sounds like a low-ball offer to me. Could you successfully low-ball a 17k mile Honda priced at $15k for less than half of what the seller is asking? I doubt it!
                            Last edited by KLZE Porsche; July 4, 2017, 11:33 AM.
                            Success is a measure of determination!
                            Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                            $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                            Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                            Restoration of a legend

Comment

hey guys there is no need for us to go back and forth about this

no one in the right mind is gonna pay 11k for a probe

klzep - I understand your point clearly and I would agree with you totally if we was talking about any other car other than a probe, your theory holds alot of weight but it only applies to cars that are very sought after.

If you took a probe to Barret Jackson or Mecum I serious doubt a probe would get any bid offers over 2k

Ford biggest mistake with the Probe was they made it FWD

there second biggest was putting a weak v6 with a weak transmission in it

A probe probably would be a more sought after car if it came rwd from the factory because it gives the car options to highly sought after engine swaps (ls,vq,2jz,rb)

Probe has a nice look nice body lines even compared to some of the more up to date cars out now. but the lack of power, lack of aftermaket support and the lack of being rwd puts the car so far down this list of sought after cars it's not funny

We that come here to probetalk love probes I am not different that anyones else. But like I was saying before -----

loving a probe is a big difference than the reality of having or wanting a probe

Comment

Oh yeah, I still own a 95 PGT I bought in GA back in 2014... I think this is my 4th Probe overall?

But she's in the garage at the moment, getting some cool stuff done to her.
                                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

Working...
                                X