ECU - Swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU - Swap...

K so im going to the tranny swap in my car over spring break.. i have read this before that you do need to put in the 5spd ecu and then i have heard that you dont need to put one in. So i was just wondering what exactly i have to do, and are they the same effects or performance if u leave the atx ecu in?

Justin

In terms of actual driveablility, I am driving a '95 that has the old atx ECU right now. But my gas mileage is down to 20 versus the 24 it was getting with the atx. I am expecting close to 30 once I get my mtx ecu, but I can't tell you for sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdString
      In terms of actual driveablility, I am driving a '95 that has the old atx ECU right now. But my gas mileage is down to 20 versus the 24 it was getting with the atx. I am expecting close to 30 once I get my mtx ecu, but I can't tell you for sure yet.
      Well I'm curious to the results. I have a '95 ATX that is getting an MTX put in this week. The '95 ATX ECU is the same part number as the MTX version (KL89), but I guess if I get poor fuel mileage, I'll need the MTX version too...
      1995 Probe GT, Laser Red Tinted Metallic, ATX-->MTX swap, SouthBend OFE/MX6 FW, RR-Racing STS, Ebay CAI w/AEM Dryflow, Hotshot headers, custom 2.5" catback, Eibach springs, Tokico Illuminas, 16MM swaybar, Kumho Extaca SPTs, Hella H4 conv.
      Soon to be: 93 PGT w/ 95 wiring, Electric Blue Metallic w/ white GTS stripes, KLZE curve neck w/ Fidanza plust most of the above parts...

Comment

I never heard that ecu meant anything for fuel mileage? is this true?

Comment

93 PGT
          ATX>>MTX
          KLZE
          ATX ECU and TCM

172.8whp 161.1wtq
          Best MPG is 29 on the freeway
          City average is 21-24 depending on my mood

You do not need the ATX ECU, and there will not be much(if any) in the way of performance loss.
          Sandon Lettieri
          1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
          2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

Originally posted by pgt4speed
            93 PGT
            ATX>>MTX
            KLZE
            ATX ECU and TCM

172.8whp 161.1wtq
            Best MPG is 29 on the freeway
            City average is 21-24 depending on my mood

You do not need the ATX ECU, and there will not be much(if any) in the way of performance loss.
            I've found out that there is a separate TCM for the 95's. I was under the impression that it was only on the 93's but it must be for 93 through 95. I disconnected that and got rid of the binking O/D light. My fuel mileage is 24-25 MPG so about the same. It might be different on the freeway as rpm's run at like 4000. Big power difference too.
            1995 Probe GT, Laser Red Tinted Metallic, ATX-->MTX swap, SouthBend OFE/MX6 FW, RR-Racing STS, Ebay CAI w/AEM Dryflow, Hotshot headers, custom 2.5" catback, Eibach springs, Tokico Illuminas, 16MM swaybar, Kumho Extaca SPTs, Hella H4 conv.
            Soon to be: 93 PGT w/ 95 wiring, Electric Blue Metallic w/ white GTS stripes, KLZE curve neck w/ Fidanza plust most of the above parts...

Comment

ECU Swap 95 probe gt to obd 2

ok so lol this is old but this will be my first car, 95 probe gt although I have never seen this car before my dad has it up at his house and he is doing work on it. Hopefully this will be my first car if it passes my moms inspection and one of those is a obd 2 tracker or something like that. I know there are people who change out there ecu's for millenia ecu's for the maf swap...but im not planning on doing so. Is there a way maybe if i can get a 96 ecu onto a 95 without the check engine light? Is there a harness I need to use?

Comment

The ecu are the same in 95 for the atx and mtx. the atx has a seperate computer for the tranny. I did a atx to mtx on my 95 the ecu are the same. i ran it for years no problems i just removed the od light bulb. only way around that is too swap out the whole engine harnness. i averaged around 24mpg but i beat the shit out of it. I recently did the maf swap and couldnt have done it sooner such a huge gain in performance. you cant use a 96 ecu cause its obd2 you would have to swap out an entire engine harness, dash harness, add 2 more o2 sensors and some other small things def not worth it.
                THE ONLY REASON I'M DRIVING THIS FAST IS BECAUSE I REALLY HAVE TO POOP

Comment

im pretty sure you do not have to swap the dash harness only the Engine bay ECU harness has to be changed. that was the only harness i swapped out when i went from the Auto 4cyl to a 5 speed v6. The wiring harness from a mazda mx6 or 626 is different i had one and tried that with my swap and it had a few different connectors for the dash harnessto connect to the engine ecu harness
                  95 PGT Current project
                  95 PSE swapped in 93 KL...Headers.... K&N cold Air.... Gutted Caged and ready for Dirt
                  01 Seabring Convert 01 Neon Rims With Spacers..
                  99 Olds Cutlas DD

Comment

First off, little bit of an old thread. Why would you waste time swapping in the wrong ecu the hard way. Maf swap is easy, feels smoother and more powerful, and has the OBDII connector for "big mother."
                    Probe out for Harambe
                    94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

Working...
                    X