Thread: Price Gouging
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2017, 04:02 PM   #4
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

I think it is as XRP has said. They are getting to be extremely rare. And places like pull-a-part or pick-and-pull have been steadily raising their prices through the roof. It is places like these big box JYs that are driving used part prices. Ebay is also driving the prices.

I used to chip and sell ECUs -but haven't done it much any more because the average cost of an unmodified and un-guaranteed ECU has gone up to well over $100 with many hitting near the $200 mark. This leaves very little to no profit margin for people who want to modify and sell.

I used to be able to go to PAP and grab a wheel barrel of parts and end up with a tab most of the time -under $100. Try that these days -and you will be offering a kidney or liver. So you can't complain too much about people on here probably asking a little more than they would have -say 8 years ago or so! I don't think anyone on here has any intention of trying to get rich from selling Probe parts. If they do -then they might be a little

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.