Kentuckiana Area Status Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentuckiana Area Status Updates

Well after recovering from a house fire which turn our lives upside down I am ready to get back to what I enjoy the most which is working on cars. A few days ago I cleared out enough space in the garage to fit a car in. It don't give me much room to work but something is better than nothing. I sold my Neon which was sitting in front of the garage for scrap. it had been bandaid'ed together a few to many times over the years in order to keep it going. Well yesterday I pulled my Protege 5 into the garage. It has a broken rear lateral arm an a rusted out fuel tank. I was planning to keep this car but I now believe I will just repair it and put it up for sale.

Next I will look into getting another 2nd gen PGT. I do still have my 93 PGT but I need to put a fuel pump in it to get it going again. My S10 is also awaiting it's chance to get pulled into the garage to have the transmission repaired. So I have a lot to do at this point. I will post some pics later as I get some worth posting.

Well enough about me. What has everyone been up to and how are things going?
    1993 Probe GT
    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Ok I guess it is time for an update so here it goes.

The Protege5 is now on the road. I was able to repair it good enough to drive. It runs great but the suspension is shot and there is so much rust the car is not worth truly fixing. It will be drove until it cant drive no more.

My S10 is in the garage and I have been working on it off and on. Lot's to do with it before it ever see's the road again.

Well I decided it was about time to get around to replacing the fuel pump on the PGT. I hooked the battery up to see if it would start. Of course it didn't, but it turned over just fine. Next was to see what i will need to do to push it down to my other driveway. The good news is that it is all downhill. The bad news is the PGT no longer has any brake peddle. It feels like it has no fluid in the system at all. Now add the electrical problem that makes me have to disconnect the batter when I get out of the car (been going on since I hit the deer back in the day). I am just going to say that my PGT's life is over.

On the bright side I am looking into buying another PGT. I have too much invested in aftermarket parts to get something else. Most of the parts I have are brand new and were never even installed. Now I just need to find the right car. I will keep ya updated.
    1993 Probe GT
    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Down to my other driveway.... nice.
      Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Man, there is a super nice one up around Fort Wayne for $750. It's purple(Doesn't look like Wild Orchid) and needs an engine.

Comment

Just got home from looking at one. Car ran great, and I have never seen s many new parts under a hood. New disty, alt, timing belt/tensioner/pullies, new rotors calipers and pads on all 4 corners, new tires. Comes with a shoebox full of receipts from the shop that did the work.

downside. Dash is cracked (all other interior is perfect). Door skirt on passenger side has a crack about 2 1/2" long. Driver side lower skirt has a small broken spot on the front. some small dings and a couple small dents. It's an auto.

$1300. I will be picking it up tomorrow and driving her home. Then the fun starts. One thing i noticed on the car is that it had the hei mod done to it before the new disty was installed. The hei module was still bolted down next to the battery. Before the guy that I am getting the car from the owner he bought it from was a girl in Indiana. The hei mod lets me know it could have belonged to a pt member. I will post pics tomorrow after I bring her home.
          1993 Probe GT
          2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Can't wait for pics.

Your a kayaker? White water?
            Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

I use to kayak but after my house burned down a couple years ago i have not even thought about going. Lost all my equipment (including what you see in the pic) in the fire except for 3 el-cheapo kayaks that were out in the shed. Since then my life turned to farming and farm life. I spend most of my time tending to chickens and am just now getting to the point where i can focus on cars again.
              1993 Probe GT
              2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Started a build thread for the new car.

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...post1924181795
                1993 Probe GT
                2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

I think it's funny that according to the locations of the posters in this thread, none of you are in Kentucky. I live south of Lexington now, by the way.
                  ~Mrs. Kylie Phreakintheroom
                  '96 Black Probe GT - Off to a new home and is greatly missed. It was a good 11 years.
                  '10 Black Mitsu Ralliart
                  '01 Black YZF600R Thundercat
                  NPA! Angel #3, NEPO member, FPOC calendar model August 2004/March 2005/October 2009/September 2010

Comment

David is still around. He spens most of his time lurking when he stops by here these days though. I have been part of KYPO since I joined and here is why. The percentage of the KYPO guys were in the Louisville, Ky area which I am close too (30 minutes). The percentage of the Indy guys were in Indianapolis and farther north. (2 hours).

Mauckport, In is on the Ohio river just across from Brandenburg, Ky.

I am currently debating on trying to get a meet together for the Kentuckiana area. Like the last couple KYPO meets I have put together I doubt there will be many to show up though. I just met up with another new prober out in E-town, Ky 2 days ago. He is also interested in getting a meet together. Who knows maybe we could have a Pull-a-part meet one day in Louisville too. Even though I have already pulled just about everything I need/want from the 2 probes they have.
                    1993 Probe GT
                    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

I don't have a Probe anymore, but I'll still go to meets if I'm able.
                      '96 Black Probe GT - Off to a new home and is greatly missed. It was a good 11 years.
                      '10 Black Mitsu Ralliart
                      NPA! Angel #3, NEPO member, FPOC calendar model August 2004/March 2005/October 2009/September 2010

Comment

Probe or not you are more than welcome.
                        1993 Probe GT
                        2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Originally posted by LowClassCC View Post
                          Probe or not you are more than welcome.
                          Thank you.

I'm sure I could get phreakintheroom to show up as well.
                          '10 Black Mitsu Ralliart

Comment

KY is just 4 short hours south of Detroit, just saying....
                            Sandon Lettieri
                            1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
                            2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

What's in Detroit?
                              1993 Probe GT
                              2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Working...
                              X