Iroc body style Fbody vs the wittle pwobe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iroc body style Fbody vs the wittle pwobe

The woman and I were cruising in the ol' PGT on the highway and next thing I know some old guy with a mohawk and a sleeveless t shirt comes flying up past me in this faded murica red fbody. The Probe has 218* colt cams, eGay headers, GReddy SP1, Tein Coilovers, PA front strut brace, Millenia MAF/OBDII swap, PRD STS, ZE straight neck, Wally 255, and an ACT 6 puck (from what I was told).. anyway this shitbox goes flying past me and this guy thinks he is hot sh*t because he cut me off swerving through cars. So naturally I get on it and was surprised how slow the thing was. I flew up next to him and sandbagged the hell out of it then romped back on it and slowed down and got behind him to get off on my exit. Well out of curiosity I pulled up next to him in the parking lot of Family Dollar. He gets out and walked up and said "that thing is pretty quick for a ricer." I get out, he pops his hood and there sits a cam'd SBC just rebuilt, had gears in the rear end, headers, exhaust, intake manifold, etc. and I pop my hood and he had the funniest look on his face like "this ford gots a Mazda engine" look.
    1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
    Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Typical redneck throwing parts together to make it look and sound nice, but no fuel tuning so obviously it won't perform the way it could. Just pull one of his spark plugs out, look at it, and laugh.
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

Ha ha, I used to have one of those, 92 RS with 305 TBI 4 speed auto. It looked great, and mean, but it was nothing special.
      Probe out for Harambe
      94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

I can't even count how many idiots in Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, and all other domestic cars.. hell even DSMs that have tried to race me then make us some stupid excuse or have some idiotic look on their face when they get walked... messing around with a friend of mine who had a terminator we did a dig and I beat him only because he couldn't stop spinning out of the hole haha
        1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
        Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

i remember this one iroc with a 454 (could be wrong) and it ran low13s-high 12s at the track the day i ran my 13.5-13.8s . this one night our paths crossed and he seemed to have had a hard on for racing my poor little probe. he was so confident and really wanted to show off what his car could do to his 2 fat passengers. Since that track day i had fixed my bottle warmer since and swapped the stock chrome swirlies for some 13lbs rx7 rims, plus at the track he would strip his car down to nothing and this night he was back at stock weight and he also had 2 fat bastards in the car with him. So i gave him a little quickie... long story short he pulled ahead off the line like most cars did and i reeled him in quickly and slingshotted past him in the 2-3 shift i even shut it down early at the top of 3rd and it took what felt like a whole second before he flew past me.. the funniest part was the rest of the night he had his hood up trying to figure out what was wrong with his car. I didn't bother telling him that his buddies where probably the reason he was so slow that night..
          Last edited by crazyprobe; May 9, 2017, 11:40 PM.
          1993 built ZE/DE n2o 2380lbs probe GT = parted out 2004
          1996 klze mx-3

Comment

iroc from the factory only made about 210hp and ran 14.5 1/4mile lol

Comment

I'm surprised they even ran 14.5 stock
              1993 built ZE/DE n2o 2380lbs probe GT = parted out 2004
              1996 klze mx-3

Comment

those iroc were badass. too bad here in CA you could not get 5-speed with 350
                it is better to be a smart fella than a fart smella

Comment

I don't think you could get a 5 speed with a 350 anywhere, only the 305. You'd have to go aftermarket or t-56 if you wanted a mtx 350 or 383 and you wanted it to last. Still wouldn't shift as slick as a PGT.
                  Probe out for Harambe
                  94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

I walked one of those IROCs with a 350 on a PGT with a bolt-on DE and three bicycles hanging out of the hatch.

They're dogs
                    PhotoPOC(tm)
                    MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                    93' PGT not stock
                    91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Working...
                    X