Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resto-mod seems like the best mix of keeping the original integrity but with the fun of new zoom-zoom parts.

~SumR
    I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
      Resto-mod seems like the best mix of keeping the original integrity but with the fun of new zoom-zoom parts.

The RX7 is almost the slowest car I own haha

1988 Mazda RX7 Turbo:
      1/4 Mile: 15.3s @ 88mph
      0-60:6.5s

2006 Honda Pilot AWD:
      1/4 Mile: 15.9s @ 86mph
      0-60: 7.6s

Needless to say everything else in the garage is much quicker

I'm not too concerned about zoom-zoom parts. Just need to decide on a direction.
      Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
        The RX7 is almost the slowest car I own haha

1988 Mazda RX7 Turbo:
        1/4 Mile: 15.3s @ 88mph
        0-60:6.5s

2006 Honda Pilot AWD:
        1/4 Mile: 15.9s @ 86mph
        0-60: 7.6s

Needless to say everything else in the garage is much quicker

I'm not too concerned about zoom-zoom parts. Just need to decide on a direction.
        Are you going to decide this year? It seems like that car's been sitting for like 10 years, or more, now.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
          Are you going to decide this year? It seems like that car's been sitting for like 10 years, or more, now.
          Yeah. Once I finish cleaning up the garage I will pull it in and start taking it apart. I kinda want to lean towards the full on restoration side just because:

1. Making it fast would be extremely expensive for relatively little gains and just kill engine life expectancy. Why even bother at this point. Almost everything else in the driveway would leave it for dead without $5k in mods.

2. There just aren’t many nice ones left. The ones that are get caught by kids and destroyed. The last few nice 10th Anniversary ones I have seen were around $10k but all had mods or issues. For $10k I can have a mint shell, suspension and probably most of the interior. I also have most of the hard-to-find rare stuff that was long destroyed or lost on most of them (shift boot, badges, special key, bra, etc). I need to find a set of floor mats if I can and expect they will not be cheap when I do...

3. My OCD about my cars is really bothered by the blemishes. The nicer I make it, the worse it gets with the details. Might as well just start from scratch.

4. It’s the only car I’ve kept long-term. I have had one for 10 years or more at this point. Most stuff lasts 3-4 with me haha. There isn’t anything else I really want. I thought about selling most of them to make room for something stupid (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin) but I just can’t do it for some reason. I always find something I hate about the cars (except a few of the V12 AMs )

5. It’s something I can work on with the little people. It’s almost impossible to keep them out of the garage and I can’t really have them tinkering with any of the Italians... nor is there that much to be done anyway.

So, yes. I will be working on it shortly haha. Need a few weeks to sort out the garage and then I can start to get to work...

10 years later...
          Last edited by ShadowSE; January 27, 2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• my vote = back to original

Thought about doing the same with the probe(including the original color )

Way back when, it would be nothing to see RXs, Zs, Eclipses, 3000GTs, Preludes, 240s, Prizobes, Celicas, etc rolling around but all of the above are almost non-existent anymore. It's a treat to see something from that "era" in good condition. Whenever I drive the probe and people get past the wtf factor, they are like "Is that a .... Probe?"
            Last edited by smurphsprobe; January 31, 2018, 08:11 PM.
            Dale representin' old skool SCProbes
            93 GT - 19 years and counting
            16 Versa - Ugly but practical grocery getter

Comment

• Back to original ftw.

Crusty is a glorious vehicle and I'm glad you've kept it this long. <3

Unrelated: did anyone else have trouble accessing PT for like a week or so? Every time I tried to load, every browser told me the site wasn't secure and that someone might be trying to steal my info seems ok now though, maybe there was a h4x0r afoot!
              Last edited by Snorb93GT; February 6, 2018, 04:34 AM.
              ~SumR

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                Back to original ftw.

Crusty is a glorious vehicle and I'm glad you've kept it this long. <3

Unrelated: did anyone else have trouble accessing PT for like a week or so? Every time I tried to load, every browser told me the site wasn't secure and that someone might be trying to steal my info seems ok now though, maybe there was a h4x0r afoot!
                Fo shizzle

Their security certificate expired for a while. daylin was stealin yo info!!!

Comment

• I drank a cup of water, then drank a cup of coke.

Last week I installed a bigger intercooler into the BMW.

This week I installed macaroni and cheese into myself.
                  Stephen Wilds #303
                  PhotoPOC
                  BMW 328i
                  BMW Z4

Comment

• I also drank a cup of water, then I drank a glass of sekt.

Last week I did not install an intercooler of any size into any vehicle, but I did see many BMWs.

This week I installed lasagna into myself. Tonight, actually.
                    ~SumR

Comment

• This morning I drank yet another cup of coke.

IT WAS GOOD.

Bananas.
                      Stephen Wilds #303
                      PhotoPOC
                      BMW 328i
                      BMW Z4

Comment

• Coke is gross tho.
                        ~SumR

Comment

• Yesterday I saw a white probe gt doing chinese food delivery.

Tomorrow is tire install day (michelin pilot sport 4s)

Also, I ate at Fazolis in Fayetteville last weekend and was very disappoint. I did feel like I was in the 90s though.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post

Also, I ate at Fazolis in Fayetteville last weekend and was very disappoint. I did feel like I was in the 90s though.
                            Did they make rounds and bring you fresh breadsticks at least?

*Side note. Boy #4 was born on the 8th.
                            Dale representin' old skool SCProbes
                            93 GT - 19 years and counting
                            16 Versa - Ugly but practical grocery getter

Comment

• [QUOTE=smurphsprobe;1924197738]Did they make rounds and bring you fresh breadsticks at least?
                              [/QOUTE]

Nope, but they did give me like 3 of them during my order.

Congrats! I saw the pictures on FB.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by supergoat View Post
                                I drank a cup of water, then drank a cup of coke.
                                This sounds like a line in a Jeezy rap song...

Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                                I also drank a cup of water, then I drank a glass of sekt.
                                This sounds like another line in a Jeezy rap song...

Originally posted by supergoat View Post
                                Bananas.
                                Finally, something I can relate to.

Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                                Coke is gross tho.
                                Yes. Unless you want to dissolve stuff... like your internals... organs that is...

Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                                Yesterday I saw a white probe gt doing chinese food delivery.

Tomorrow is tire install day (michelin pilot sport 4s)

The only time I see a Probe anymore is on Craigslist haha. I have tire install day Thursday probably. Michelin Pilot Super Sports. If they get them in...

Originally posted by smurphsprobe View Post

No fazolies up here

One more and you can have your own basketball team! Congratulations!

Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                                Originally posted by smurphsprobe View Post
                                Nope, but they did give me like 3 of them during my order.

Congrats! I saw the pictures on FB.
                                We should do a fazolies meet in cola sometime when dale isn't having children

Ok I think I'm caught up now.
                                Last edited by ShadowSE; February 25, 2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X