• Show
Clear All

• Megasquirt help

I am going to be running this set up on a 96 GT

MSPNP 2
    IGN-6 Coil Pack
    Quad Spark
    98 626 harmonic balancer
    OBD-I to OBD-II wiring harness adapter to accept mspnp made by Pile_of_rd1.

Am I missing anything to get this going? I know the first four items are for 93-95 probes.

I am needing to leave the world of unreliability and have a car that will have fewer probelums
    I think it's an obsession!
    http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/911982_1

You will need MSD 8849 (or similar) to modify your ignition wires to accept the coil pack. Also make sure your settings are correct in MS. And also don't forget to use a timing light to find 10 degrees, as per MS instructions.
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

Good points. I have a timing light.

Will the disty block off plate have to be fabbed or do they make a block off plate?

Comment

klg4-12-603, and make your own mounting braket. I just took a piece of scrap aluminum bent it 90 degrees and drilled holes in them.
        Last edited by ChillinZX; August 14, 2016, 10:32 AM.
        2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

Diyauto also suggested using the GM map sensor. Part number GM3bar-map. Now they wanted me to use MicroSqrt3. If I use the DIYPNP2 do I need the map sensor?

Comment

No. Per MSPNP instructions, the computer itself has a built-in MAP sensor. You tee it off at the fuel pressure regulator and run the vacuum tubing to the computer.

Comment

Do you know anyone running MSPNP with the OBD-I to OBD-II adapter with this quad spark style setup?

Comment

B-Ball,

I've been running the DIYPNP for a few good years now. If you want to use the GM IAT, you can. I would highly recommend it, especially if you're going to run some boost. It's pretty sturdy. However, the oem KL VAF has the pins for getting a reliable IAT reading (pins 3 & 5 if looking at the VAF connector).

The 36-1 harmonic balancer from KLG4 is perfect for converting to wasted spark. Use your stock Probe GT crank position sensor. It is a VR type and works fine. Just make sure you set the settings properly in TunerStudio decoder wheel/trigger wheel settings.

Don't stress it: as long as you convert OBDII to OBDI via the harness, you'll be fine.

here are my settings for the ignition settings while using the stock PGT crank position sensor and the KLG4 crank pulley with 36-1 teeth. Be advised, yours might be a bit different, especially if you're using the QuadSpark. ( Also, just follow the step by step directions here: http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/docs/ms....php?isModel=1 )
                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

Thanks for the info. My fear is the whole 96 obd II jargon. I am down here in Fort Walton Beach, so not that far from you.

Comment

Do you need to use the QuadSpark? Or is there a way to setup the BIP373 kit from DIYAUTO with the MSPNP wasted spark setup?
                    95 Probe GT: Has HEI Mod. (Died - No Spark) Soon will be MSPNP
                    99 Cadillac Deville: Wrecked
                    01 Chrysler Concorde: Bent Intake Valves
                    01 Honda CRV: 5sp Swap

Comment

If you're using the MSPNP, yes, quadspark is the way to go. I'm a DIYPNP guy who assembled the Microsquirt-based system to my specs to fit my requirements. MSPNP is an already assembled system. Quadspark is much easier and convenient for your case, mjohnson
                      1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                      1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

How would I set timing if I am using quardspark and ign6 coil packs?

upon more reading I found what is wasted spark. Is that how the timing is set so I won't have a disty or cam sensor to turn to set timing? I am used to working on old v8 motors with carbs. This world of fuel injection is a whole new animal.
                        Last edited by B-Ball; November 12, 2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

You would still put the timing light on the wire to the #1 sensor. You just change the tooth #1 angle in TunerStudio to move the timing.
                          Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
                          My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Instead of turning the distributor, you would type in what you want it at, and change the offset to read it correctly.

Comment

I have installed the unit with quad spark ignitor, ign6 coil packs, 36-1 toothed pulley, and OBDII to OBD I harness adaptor to make my stock wiring pnp with the ms2pnp unit. This car is a 96GT. Current list of obstacles are as followes; only four cylinders are firing, the AEM wideband is only reading full lean with the three --- on the display then bounces around and reboots.

I have chatted with Darren (king6fab), he suggests checking the voltage for each set of coils and cutting the distributor wire at the ECU.

My thought is maybe the OBD II to OBDI harness may be causing some issues, has anyone else ran this same setup before?

The harness was build by Scott D.

Comment

Working...
                              X