• Show
Clear All

Make your own.
    97 red PGT-ZE

Comment

^ explain.
      DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
      94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

I think what gonen2 means, is to make your own lateral links. All you have to do is get some Heim joints, and a bar that goes in the middle that is threaded female at both ends. I have the same plan to make the end links you see in the photo of the car with that setup. All you would have to do is measure the length of the lateral links hole to hole, and subtract out some of the joint's length to get a DIY Lateral Link.
        US ARMY Disabled Veteran
        1994 PGT - CAI, 10.2mm Wire, NGK, HEI, Bi-Xenon HID Projectors, 17mm Ford Contour rear sway bar, Cooper CS4
        OSX 10.7, iPhone 4, Cannon Rebel XS
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/386174...t-hatchback-2d

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelwolf View Post
          I think what gonen2 means, is to make your own lateral links. All you have to do is get some Heim joints, and a bar that goes in the middle that is threaded female at both ends. I have the same plan to make the end links you see in the photo of the car with that setup. All you would have to do is measure the length of the lateral links hole to hole, and subtract out some of the joint's length to get a DIY Lateral Link.
          Yep I plan on doing this too. Just need to know the size of the bolt also so you can size up the heim ends correctly. I know jk96pgt said he was gonna get some measurement and also do a write up about them but haven't seen anything. I think I'll PM him about it sometime. Not too much in a hurry to get em yet.

Also to help you find the connectors look for: "connector rods/tube" or "swedged rods" if I remember correctly in correspondance with searching for heim joint ends. I had a hard time finding the the rods but an easy time finding some of the heim ends. Not sure if anyone has run into this as well.
          Last edited by Stevoh; July 18, 2010, 09:25 PM.
          Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
          Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
          Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

The HEIM End Joints are also called Rod End Bearings.
            US ARMY Disabled Veteran
            1994 PGT - CAI, 10.2mm Wire, NGK, HEI, Bi-Xenon HID Projectors, 17mm Ford Contour rear sway bar, Cooper CS4

Comment

I would make my own if I could, but I do not have such resources for fabricating and i do not want "heim joints". I want urethane bushings so it can have a wee bit of give when driven hard.
              DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
              94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

I was supposed to take the measurements on my stuff this weekend, but didn't. I will this week and post them up. Its just a matter of buying the pieces, there is really not any fabrication needed.
                John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

I measured the rear rear lateral link and it was about 1' 11'', or 23". Rear forward link looks to be a bushing type link, and I forgot the measurement of that one, maybe like 4" less I think? I think you would be safe if you got a link that is extendable to 25 or 26" from a starting length of 21".
                  US ARMY Disabled Veteran

Comment

Well, it has been, like forever, but I installed some items last weekend (dissertation+work+parenting). The lateral links are finally installed on my 96 M edition with K-sports, but I need to adjust and check fitment on the ground. I also need to test fit the swaybar fitment. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that this weekend and snap some pictures!
                    REub
                    Last edited by reuben_johnston; March 21, 2017, 06:44 PM.
                    1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

Holy resurrected thread, Batman! 7 year hiatus, then brought back by an original author no less!

Excellent! This may just be a record.

Comment

Good to see that the project was finished so many never get finished anymore
                        93 PGT CAI, Egay headers, high flow cat. 2.5 mandrel bent with Borla, Yonaka coilovers,19mm rear bar,CM 12lb fly and stage 2 clutch

She tends to argue with me daily...yep it's a Probe

Comment

I should have also offered congratulations, something I would also like to do one day. New engine build first.

Comment

Ran into some delays fitting the swaybar today and was not able to snap pictures. Hopefully next weekend.
                            REub
                            1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

Ok, I was able to fit everything today! I'll try to snap some pictures tomorrow for a writeup. This setup has Ksport Kontrol Pro's for a protege, AWR lateral links for a protege, AWR trailing arms for a MX6/Probe, AWR 21mm anti-swaybar for a protege, AWR end-links for a protege.
                              REub
                              Last edited by reuben_johnston; April 1, 2017, 06:38 PM. Reason: website error with protege accent marks, wtf
                              1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

Looks like you can't buy the lateral links from AWR anymore but King6 still sells them
                                93 PGT CAI, Egay headers, high flow cat. 2.5 mandrel bent with Borla, Yonaka coilovers,19mm rear bar,CM 12lb fly and stage 2 clutch

She tends to argue with me daily...yep it's a Probe

Comment

Working...
                                X