No announcement yet.

Ford Probe GT 2.5L KLDE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality work as always, can't wait to see this car done.
    1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
    1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
    2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
    2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
    2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• Originally posted by Onyxhammer View Post
      Registered in VA, similar laws but requires inspection. But having VA plates in Ohio keeps me out of trouble for stupid things.
      Ohio plates in Michigan gets me in about as much trouble as Michigan plates in Ohio lol
      1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
      Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

• Originally posted by MSDKLZE View Post
        I am impressed.

You are fortunate to have the fabricator guy who not only will work on a Probe, but TIG weld it all on the car instead of demanding that everything be jigged/mocked up so they can weld it without fitting it on the car. I go through so much trouble trying to get a simple down pipe fabbed.

You definitely got it going on!
        Slowly but surely we're making progress. I just ordered my heater that we're going to stuff behind the dash and some other small stuff. Should be back on the intake soon now that Tim got his welder back. Hopefully I'll have some picture updates soon so we can see what it looks like.

Comment

Slowly but surely we're making progress. I just ordered my heater that we're going to stuff behind the dash and some other small stuff. Should be back on the intake soon now that Tim got his welder back. Hopefully I'll have some picture updates soon so we can see what it looks like.
          Still haven't heard back on my lip yet from him..
          1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
          Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

• This build is great! How much did it cost for you to get your transmission rebuilt by par?

Also how in the hell did you get ksport coils with front and rear camber plates? I bought universal ones for my yonakas but if I could get rear camber plates made for our car it would be great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post
              This build is great! How much did it cost for you to get your transmission rebuilt by par?

Also how in the hell did you get ksport coils with front and rear camber plates? I bought universal ones for my yonakas but if I could get rear camber plates made for our car it would be great!
              Total cost with the conversion with parts and labor from PAR was $4,400USD (this included installation of my g-series reinforcement plate and my LSD). The only thing I haven't paid for is shipping.

I bought the KSports from a buddy who had them on for like 2 months and then stopped driving the car because of a blown motor so they were sitting doing nothing so I scooped them up from him.

Comment

Total cost with the conversion with parts and labor from PAR was $4,400USD (this included installation of my g-series reinforcement plate and my LSD). The only thing I haven't paid for is shipping.

I bought the KSports from a buddy who had them on for like 2 months and then stopped driving the car because of a blown motor so they were sitting doing nothing so I scooped them up from him.
                My God that's expensive lol Ima ask local Trans shops with good reviews around here.

Could you ask him please!! Where he got his rear camber plates?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post
                  My God that's expensive lol Ima ask local Trans shops with good reviews around here.

Could you ask him please!! Where he got his rear camber plates?
                  Hell, the conversion rate made it MUCH cheaper than I expected to pay. Yes, I'll reach out to him, if he remembers I'll PM you.

Comment

Hell, the conversion rate made it MUCH cheaper than I expected to pay. Yes, I'll reach out to him, if he remembers I'll PM you.
                    Wow! Wish I had money like that just laying around.

Thank you kindly sir.

Comment

• Progress has been slow. Dealing with Australian customs for over 6 months for parts I shipped to PAR has been zero fun. However, after a long drug out, albeit stupid issue, the parts were returned to me and reshipped out to PAR so they can machine my case for the flex plate and LSD install which should show up to them next week and I should have my transmission back from then in 4-6 weeks.

Other than that, there has been a lot of wiring that's been completed on the car, almost the entire chassis harness is done and we're about to start on the wiring harness for the engine. After that still got a lot of work to do but we're gaining some traction

Comment

• Originally posted by dammitcam View Post
                        Pass inspection? and why don't you take that bar out and save 75lbs lol
                        IIRC its more like 50 lbs, and in reality the actual dash is about half of that. You can probably shed a few pounds from it by cutting off some of the needless branches from the skeleton.
                        Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                        Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                        Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                        The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

• Glad to see some updates, that gearbox will be pretty stout once you get it back!
                          1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
                          1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
                          2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
                          2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                          2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• Its been a crappy process but thankfully its all addressed now. PAR has simply been waiting for Australian customs to release my parcel but they didn't. Its back out on the road to them and should be there on T/W of next week. There has been progress on the wiring harness as well, hopefully the engine harness will be started shortly!

Comment

• I'm in awe. Keep up the great work!

Comment

• Updated a bunch of the older pictures even though some of them are from the original chassis that I switched from. More progress is being made, hoping in January when my PTO resets and PAR gets to the shop I'll go help install the transmission, Colt cams, and help with the wiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X