No announcement yet.

motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man you woke up a dinosaur thread here! The stock rear motor mount on a 93 will look different than the replacement one. The new one will bolt right up just fine(at least it did on mine) and the RR inserts work great with it.
    '93 PGT black on black and loaded: Southbend Stage 2 TZ series clutch, MX3 flywheel, STS, CAI, headers, Magnaflow exhaust,Kenwood KDC-X792 deck, Infinity speakers, 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.0 subs, MTX 2300 Thunder and Sony amps...
    Like Probes, 'Stangs, Guitars or Pugs? Check out my photobucket!
    http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/r...ugsrule_photo/

Comment

I'm surprised that no one suggested AWR mounts...I guess if you are not going forced induction then the extra strengh is not needed.

Comment

I love my AWR mounts!

you should buy the AWR and call it a day!

Comment

Originally posted by klde94 View Post
          I love my AWR mounts!

you should buy the AWR and call it a day!
          I love mine too

Comment

If you want a good set of mounts and you don't mind spending a few bucks, Get a set of mounts from King 6. King6fab.com has a set that will replace all 4 of your main engine/trans mounts (not the bottom mount) with polyeurethane ones. It's $325 for the set, which is waaayy less than the dealer would charge for them and you can't go wrong with these bad boys.
            Currently: 1994 MX6 RS - KLZE. Too many mods.

1989 PGT - BLACK - Near perfect paint, body completely straight. 155,967 mi. Sitting in a garage since 2000. Bought for $600. Engine rebuild in progress. Coming soon to a kill story thread near you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pugsrule View Post
              Man you woke up a dinosaur thread here! The stock rear motor mount on a 93 will look different than the replacement one. The new one will bolt right up just fine(at least it did on mine) and the RR inserts work great with it.
              Yup, I think the aftermarket Autozone (Duralast) rear mount is the only one that won't work with Rafi's insert. It's modeled after the OEM one. I'm pretty sure that you have to get one somewhere else for it to work. I bought my rear mount from theautopartsshop.com for like $30 when I added the RR-Racing inserts.
              Last edited by 94mx6lsze; May 15, 2010, 12:26 PM.
              Currently: 1994 MX6 RS - KLZE. Too many mods.

1989 PGT - BLACK - Near perfect paint, body completely straight. 155,967 mi. Sitting in a garage since 2000. Bought for $600. Engine rebuild in progress. Coming soon to a kill story thread near you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 94mx6lsze View Post
                If you want a good set of mounts and you don't mind spending a few bucks, Get a set of mounts from King 6. King6fab.com has a set that will replace all 4 of your main engine/trans mounts (not the bottom mount) with polyeurethane ones. It's $325 for the set, which is waaayy less than the dealer would charge for them and you can't go wrong with these bad boys.
                I tried to get a hold that dude a long while ago. I called numerous times and was not able to make contact with him. I was intersted in the manual TBT(still am).

Comment

Originally posted by DJ-Anakin View Post
                  ya thats about right. get yourself a new motor mount from the junkyard, or a mazda dealer (ford is way too expensive), and buy these http://rr-racing.com/engine-mounts.htm you should notice a huge difference.
                  Have we forgot everything about Probes after owning a Neon

Why you back?
                  1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                  1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                  2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                  2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                  1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

The sooner you get a set of AWR mounts, the sooner you will be bursting with joy.

I got a set of all three (rear,front,& passenger side)many months ago and I still smile every time I shift gears. the passenger side mount had to be drilled out slightly where it mounts over the two large studs, but it worked flawlessly.
                    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
                    94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

you guys sold them on me! ill be ordering the rr racing mounts real soon

Comment

i ordered king 6 fab mounts all 4 mounts for 320
                        1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
                        STRAIGHT NECK ZE
                        M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
                        MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST
                        KING6FAB POLY MOTOR MOUNTS

Comment

Like em? Anyone else use them? I am looking at getting his lateral and trailing arms

Comment

Originally posted by ugasouthernprid View Post
                            Like em? Anyone else use them? I am looking at getting his lateral and trailing arms
                            You are probably posting this question in the wrong thread (5 years since last post) Some (or most) of the people may not be active members any more. But I will tell you that people that have used the arms have said nothing but good. And his prices are really not bad at all considering the craftsmanship, materials and finish are top quality. I was thinking of getting the full set for myself. Blue Probe screams for them!
                            Success is a measure of determination!
                            Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                            $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                            Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                            Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by ugasouthernprid View Post
                              You may want to send him a message first and don't get your hopes up. The shop he made these in burned to the ground recently. I believe his sway bar end links were also effected. I was planning to order them to as soon as my tax check arrived. Sadly that's a no go now. He is still making most of the other stuff though.
                              1993 Probe GT
                              2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Originally posted by LowClassCC View Post
                                You may want to send him a message first and don't get your hopes up. The shop he made these in burned to the ground recently. I believe his sway bar end links were also effected. I was planning to order them to as soon as my tax check arrived. Sadly that's a no go now. He is still making most of the other stuff though.
                                Oh Damn! I guess I should have purchased long ago. That is sad news. He was cranking out some good stuff!
                                Success is a measure of determination!
                                Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                                $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                                Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                                X