Advice for getting rid of car with no title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for getting rid of car with no title

So about 6 years ago or so I bought a 97 pgt with a blown motor for $500.

The car had a clean title and the sale pricess was the same as any.
    I planned on rebuilding the car and driving it, but life got in the way and it sat for nearly 6 years.

Recently i decided to get rid of it, junk it, but soon came to realize I had never transferred the title in my name from the previous owners, big screw up on my part.....

The situation gets worse though.....the signed and notarized title is lost....
    I have no recollection of what the people's names were i bought it from to try and contact them...

I would really like to avoid costly probate court to get a title just to junk it.
    I don't even want anything for it, i just want it gone.

I have called every junk yard possible and no one will even take it for free without a title.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What are my options?
    RIP = White 1996 Probe SE, ATX->MTX
    Sold = White 1995 Probe GT-ZE MTX - lightened flywheel, stage 2 clutch
    Project = 1997 Gold Probe GT ATX soon to have a 99 Mazda 626 KLG4

Sell it to someone in Indiana with a bill of sale. Let them junk it, part it, or restore it.

or

Post it on craigslist for $100 as a parts only no title deal.

or

Cut it into small pieces you can scrap a bit at a time and break the plastics up and put them in with your trash.

I am sorry that I do not know your vehicle scrap laws in Ohio so I can't really be much more help.
    1993 Probe GT
    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Go to the 24 Hours of LeMons or ChumpCar forums board and put the thing up for sale.
      There isn't anyone in either series that cares if they have a title for a car that's going to go racing. We bought a Probe from a mechanic in SC for $250 because someone dropped it off at his place for a water pump replacement on a 4 cyl. car. They never showed up to put 50% down on what the bill was going to be and after a year,.......the mechanic can sell it off. We put a pump and timing belt on the engine, changed to oils, added a roll cage and finished 27th out of 94 cars.

Maybe you'd like to try your hand at racing the thing?

Or just part the car out here on PT and do it that way.

Comment

Sell it to a Gangbanger going to do some bad stuff
        Contrary to popular opinion, I do have mechanical sympathy, I always feel sorry for the cars I drive.

Comment

Originally posted by notso swift View Post
          Sell it to a Gangbanger going to do some bad stuff
          Bingo!
          Stephen Wilds #303
          PhotoPOC
          BMW 328i
          BMW Z4

Comment

Ohio has enough sketchy neighbor hoods for that to work ^

Or do we like we did in Minnesota, leave it on the "res" with the keys in it and within 24 hours it will be gone. O

Or leave it collect dust for 6 more years when you finally decide to get around to restoring it as a collector car.
            I think it's an obsession!
            http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/911982_1

Comment

Sawzall
              Sandon Lettieri
              1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
              2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

Working...
              X