Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Discussion of Maint Issues for V6

Old August 9th, 2017, 07:56 AM   #1
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

Weird temp gauge issue, only reads with RPM

I haven't had a chance to look into it yet, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

My temp gauge all of a sudden is acting a fool. At idle/low RPM it sits at the bottom (cold) and only goes back into range with throttle. It gets to normal as it should and stays there until RPM drops down again. No overheating, fans working just fine, no other issues.

I'm assuming the gauge is going bad but I'll swap out the sensor tonight as well.

Is this how the gauge itself dies?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Probesport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2017, 05:26 PM   #2
NickR

Weird. Just a wild guess, but check the coolant level. At higher rpm the water pump will be working faster, and maybe getting coolant to the sensor???
NickR is offline   Reply With Quote