Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Probe Lounge

Probe Lounge Discussion about most everything Non Probe related goes here.

Old October 7th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #1
LaserRed

A couple questions

Being new to the forum, I have a couple questions...

1:Who owns/runs the site? Who are the admins/mods?

2:Why do I need to have xx number of posts to view specific things, such as 10 for images in signatures, 15 for the for sale forum, etc? I am interested in seeing the for sale threads when they come up on the home page, the ones in "member sales" require 25 posts. Part of the reason I'm even making this thread is to increase my post count.
Old October 7th, 2017, 12:10 PM   #2
Silverprobe
PT Know it All

Simply a matter of weeding out the robot spammers so prevalent on the net these days.

Nothing to take personally.

Welcome to PT!
Silverprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 01:43 PM   #3
LaserRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprobe View Post
Simply a matter of weeding out the robot spammers so prevalent on the net these days.

Nothing to take personally.

Welcome to PT!
That makes sense, but 25 seems excessive to me. I want to be able to have full access, but don't want to make a bunch of random posts to get there.
Thanks.
Old October 7th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #4
jason_raaf
PT Semitic God

rules is rules, bro.

post a photo of your car and that might generate enough posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jason_raaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 07:21 PM   #5
dmark101
Obfuscatory & Abstruse Nomenclature

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserRed View Post
That makes sense, but 25 seems excessive to me. I want to be able to have full access, but don't want to make a bunch of random posts to get there.
Thanks.
no, i do not think it is excessive. the number was chosen so that the new person can look through the forums, post on the things they find interesting to them. before too long, you would have the requisite posts.

it was done to prevent the "hit and run" sellers, as well as the aforementioned spam bots.

we are not the only message board that utilizes this type of posting structure. we were not even the first, but we have found that it works, so it has remained in place.

to answer your first question in your original post, there are four admins. two of them are the owners of the site. one would be myself and the other would be my wife.

to view who the moderators for a particular forum are, simply return to the main forum page and look in the column entitled "Moderators".

welcome to ProbeTalk.
dmark101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 07:49 PM   #6
LaserRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_raaf View Post
rules is rules, bro.

post a photo of your car and that might generate enough posts.
I already made a post about my car.
--> https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...p?t=1701319058
Old October 7th, 2017, 08:00 PM   #7
LaserRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
no, i do not think it is excessive. the number was chosen so that the new person can look through the forums, post on the things they find interesting to them. before too long, you would have the requisite posts.

it was done to prevent the "hit and run" sellers, as well as the aforementioned spam bots.

we are not the only message board that utilizes this type of posting structure. we were not even the first, but we have found that it works, so it has remained in place.

to answer your first question in your original post, there are four admins. two of them are the owners of the site. one would be myself and the other would be my wife.

to view who the moderators for a particular forum are, simply return to the main forum page and look in the column entitled "Moderators".

welcome to ProbeTalk.
Alright, fair enough. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Also, I forgot to ask... What is the best way to post pictures? I tried to use imgur and then 'insert image' but that didn't work so I've just been posting links.
Old October 8th, 2017, 12:12 PM   #8
dmark101
Obfuscatory & Abstruse Nomenclature

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserRed View Post
Also, I forgot to ask... What is the best way to post pictures? I tried to use imgur and then 'insert image' but that didn't work so I've just been posting links.
you can post pictures either by hyperlink or as an attachment. if you use a hyperlink and you want it to show up in the actual post/thread, the forum has to allow the use of [IMG] tags. more info can be found in the FAQ.
dmark101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 08:53 PM   #9
jamie'sprobe

I have a 92 probe and it is my first one. I have had to work on the body and put it back together after being wrecked.
My question is My electric ones went out.
jamie'sprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 05:13 AM   #10
Brizzy
Turbo Member

^ wut ? O.o

M62 In Progress...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brizzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 10:23 AM   #11
BLUEnoEQ

^^ Sounds bad, you should probably put them back in... you'll need J.B. Weld a hammer and a torch... not necessarily in that order.

BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 07:02 AM   #12
GTcruiser33
Juiced Member

I see you're in MN, we have a facebook group you can check out to get in touch with some locals, search MNPOC. Granted not many of us have probes any longer, but still good to new. Welcome to the forums.

1993 PGT sold
1993 PGT died
GTcruiser33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 07:31 AM   #13
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie'sprobe View Post
I have a 92 probe and it is my first one. I have had to work on the body and put it back together after being wrecked.
My question is My electric ones went out.
New generation of spambot?

-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote