Mx3- millenia S swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mx3- millenia S swap

Well after 6 months of assaying it won't fit . My buddy has begun the swap. We have a full millenia s and the mx3, along with a large collection of kl parts. So far according to him only part holding him up is we need a manual steering rack. Which I believe I don't have yet .
    Anyone wanna take bets it won't fit ?
    1997 PGTS......Turbo, 3 inch exhaust,Ms1v3, Nitto555,lip, slammed adjustable supsension,Wideband, upgraded fuel, Lots of mods

it will fit fine. the milly s KJ is pretty much the same block and size as a KL. which obviously fits fine in a mx3. he wont have any issues.
    PaTricK
    ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Take plenty pictures. Will the mtx bolt up on the kj. I wonder if you could compound boost it, get it in the 400whp range.
      95 PGT HOLSET HX35 AND 10PSI daily driver
      91 MX6GT built FE3N HX40 25PSI
      05 Subaru legacy GT family car

Comment

Look up Damkid, he iw in process of putting a KJ into a protege. pretty sure he already has it mounted,

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Originally posted by MonoxideChild View Post
        it will fit fine. the milly s KJ is pretty much the same block and size as a KL. which obviously fits fine in a mx3. he wont have any issues.
        I am pretty sure the KJ has canted heads, so it has the room for the blower, making it wider than a KL
        '93 PGT-T/S M62 supercharger,.57 trim T3/T4 turbo,
        11.992@115 Twincharged on 10psi
        11.941@111.66 Twincharged,23" Slicks, 1.749 60',14psi, spinning the clutch(123.7mph highest trap)
        RWD Probe-4.8L LS-TH400-3.25's-self tuned-in process.... Best time to date: 10.240@135.3mph, 3300lbs

Comment

^
          ever seen a KL in a mx3? it actually has more room then a probe. specially in the rear.

and the KL mtx bolts right up to the KJ motor once you modify there coolant pipe.
          PaTricK

Comment

Yeah i am not doubting it will fit at all. would make an awesome daily, 200whp, with plenty of torque, sign me up!
            '93 PGT-T/S M62 supercharger,.57 trim T3/T4 turbo,
            11.992@115 Twincharged on 10psi
            11.941@111.66 Twincharged,23" Slicks, 1.749 60',14psi, spinning the clutch(123.7mph highest trap)
            RWD Probe-4.8L LS-TH400-3.25's-self tuned-in process.... Best time to date: 10.240@135.3mph, 3300lbs

Comment

Yes we figured out that by playing around with the some of the half shafts that a A manual I possible same bolt hole pattern according to him. I'm gonna let him use my old intercooler and delete the top mount ones. Dude had his mess together to be a shade tree mechanic. I will be out there around 4 he better have some work done haha! I have a few teaser pics he sent me yesterday where he pulled the engine so far I'll load one lol
              1997 PGTS......Turbo, 3 inch exhaust,Ms1v3, Nitto555,lip, slammed adjustable supsension,Wideband, upgraded fuel, Lots of mods

Comment

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...e/81efdfb1.jpg
                Lol since I stole his millenia rims he stole my 18's lol

Comment

mx3 v6 axle's man. they will be the perfect fit for that car, with that trans. and will fit into the existing hubs without any issues.
                  PaTricK

Comment

We're using a probe five speed and flywheel, he explained to me last night which axels were the right fit . We're gonna document it too, after the supercharger dies were gonna boost it it. I've tried to convince him to ms it but he insists the stock is fine. Honestly I'm convinced the ecu's in our cars hardly care what we do to them lol. I'm kinda more excited about this than my current build!

Comment

Has anyone ever attempted a 5 lug swap to an mx3?

Comment

yup. me and scott have been doing one on his mx3 this past week.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...64240720_n.jpg

88-92 mx6/626/probe n.a 2.2 front hubs and brakes. 88-92 mx6/626/probe turbo or 90-92 probe v6 rear hubs and brakes. you just have to shave the hubs down because the mx3 struts are skinnier. but thats insanely easy.
                        Last edited by MonoxideChild; February 4, 2012, 11:57 AM.
                        PaTricK

Comment

Haha yea I was just reading up on em but it got a lil misleading with all the different mx6 year models ! Ty Ty Bobby will be very pleased!

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Can I see more of that car I'm loving it !

Comment

I did a KJ/5 speed swap into a Protege 5, got it somewhat running then got frustrated and traded it.... The KJ is actually a bulkier engine then the KL, my old P5 had decent amount of room with the KL in it, but it's a lot worse now with the KJ, the stock intercoolers barely cleared the master cylinder

DONT FORGET THE MAP SENSOR/SELONOID ON THE PASSENGER SIDE STRUT TOWER....... i made that mistake and it puts the ECU into limp mode, acts like a rev limiter

I say good luck with the swap, if you got any questions shoot me a PM

Before and after pics comparing the room, KL vs. KJ

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/IMG_3040.jpg
                            http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/IMG_0240.jpg

And here's where you either need to trim the 5 speed tranny, or modify the coolant pipe.... and yes the starter worked jsut fine with only 2 bolts holding it

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/IMG_0216.jpg
                            http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/IMG_0215.jpg
                            Last edited by Damkid; February 4, 2012, 04:19 PM.
                            1990 Turbo KLZE Festiva

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...2/IMG_0385.jpg

Comment

Awsome feedback ! What we did was remove the coolant line off an extra kl block. I didn't get to take pics of the car yet but I'll have all day tommorow tho. It was pretty impressive to see the First steps. I got a lil done on the gts.
                              Does the 97 come with a diagnostics port under the hood ?

Comment

Working...
                              X