No announcement yet.

My dream is becoming a reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So its official, the S injectors are no longer enough. Ive had the injectors go static a few times on some hard pulls. Not good. So the hunt is on for some 929's. Until then, boost is back down to around 4.5-5psi.
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Subscribed!

One day, I'd like to do this to my MX6. I never cared for a single turbo setup and thought a TT setup would be impossible due to space constraints.
      I look forward to seeing this completely worked out. Perhaps one day, if you are up for it, I'll make a trip to your part of the world and I can see this beast of yours in person.

Great work! Keep it up I look forward to seeing more.
      2005 C6 Z51 460 glorious WHP
      1997 Mazda MX6 LS Sold
      1993 Ford Probe SE Sold
      1985.5 Porsche 944 Sold
      1993 Mazda MX3 RS Sold

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
        So its official, the S injectors are no longer enough. Ive had the injectors go static a few times on some hard pulls. Not good. So the hunt is on for some 929's. Until then, boost is back down to around 4.5-5psi.
        do you know what sort of whp your putting down and what fuel pressure you were running to max out the mill S's? (just out of curiosity).
        Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
        Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
        Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Not a clue on HP at the moment. Once I get some larger injectors and do a little tweaking, I will throw it on the dyno. Im running stock fuel pressure at 38psi @ idle/42wot. I know I can bump up the fuel pressure to act as faux larger injectors but I have killed three Walbro pumps, presumably from running 50+ psi. Im tired of dropping the tank. lol.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

With the maf swap and the aem f/ic would you be able to run any other injectors other than the mazdas ? (s, 929) ex. nissans?

Just wondering where the aem f/ic ends at power wise before you would have to move to standalone.
            94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostcloak View Post
              I never cared for a single turbo setup and thought a TT setup would be impossible due to space constraints.
              I look forward to seeing this completely worked out.
              There have been TT Probes even a decade ago. The most famous being the one from Michigan that rolled on video. Had the chance to see that car in Chicago is probably 2004 or so.
              PaTricK
              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

There have been people that used the F/IC and pushed over 700HP.
                The F/IC 8 (the step above the 6) can control 2 additional injectors.
                As long as the injectors are high impedance, I can run any injector I want. If I used the F/IC 8, I can control two additional injectors instead.
                Jim K.

Comment

twin turbo probe WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What's new, pussycat?
                    90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                    93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                    97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                    90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Not a whole lot. Still drives like a dream (when I drive it once or twice a week. ). Still passively looking for injectors so I can bump the boost back up. Picked up the Autometer electric boost gauge I have always wanted a couple weeks ago so I have much better accuracy and peak recall. Im planning on a much more in depth overview of the car in the coming weeks.
                      Jim K.

Comment

What turbos did you end up using?
                        90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                        93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                        97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                        90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
                          Not a whole lot. Still drives like a dream (when I drive it once or twice a week. ). Still passively looking for injectors so I can bump the boost back up. Picked up the Autometer electric boost gauge I have always wanted a couple weeks ago so I have much better accuracy and peak recall. Im planning on a much more in depth overview of the car in the coming weeks.
                          I think ND28 got a set of 929 injectors for sale...
                          Last edited by Zepticon; July 10, 2014, 05:47 AM.
                          Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
                          Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Any updates?
                            1993 MX3, KLZE & 5 Speed Swap
                            2008 Mazda 3 Sedan Sport

Comment

Nicely done, anything new?

Comment

Quite a few changes are underway over the past month. Increasing the size of all the charge piping, bigger Precision intercooler, MS3 + MS3X, and all new gauge setup, top feed injectors, A/C going back in... Just to name a few things. lol.
                                I have a lofty goal of 450whp in mind once I finally drop in the built motor sort out a trans solution.
                                https://photos.app.goo.gl/uEHNoq7MpqlJ23Gi2
                                https://photos.app.goo.gl/9yegQ4pNtzrC60703
                                Last edited by WhiteDart; November 18, 2017, 09:56 PM.
                                Jim K.

Comment

Working...
                                X