Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes you've only posted that 5 times now.

Comment

Ok got another two more questions and i did search again but i did not find anything or i'm blind.
      Will my AC bracket bolt right up to the FE3?
      Do i need to upgrade the fuel system for the FE3?
      I just want to beat my brothers 89 celica GTS dohc. When we go at it i always take the lead but when i'm about 70 he catches up then like at a 100+ he beats me and the same thing if we go at it
      at around 55-70 mph.
      for sale:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/326784/5
      1990 Ford Probe GL (4 sale)
      05 mazda6 S

Comment

You need to use the F2 or F2T ac brackets to use your a/c. If it is trubo it will smoke the GTS. The 10:1 will still run away from the GTS because its got more power and is high reving.
        evo

Comment

Would anyone be able to give me the part numbers for the forged pistons? I heard someone say that wiseco make them with 8.5:1 compresion ratios.

also the part number for the rings too if possible!

Thanks alot

Rhys
          Sleak MX-6
          best ET: 13.740
          best mph: 111.80mph

F2T, street tyres, street trim.

Comment

Would you need to upgrade the fuel system of the F2 for the FE3 n/a turbo?

Comment

I would upgrade it anyway. I'm running the 190gph walbro on my FE3. At high rpms the FE3 becomes thristy. If you go turbo you for sure need a bigger pump and injectors.
              evo

Comment

Originally posted by 1hookedupglnCT
                I just want to beat my brothers 89 celica GTS dohc. When we go at it i always take the lead but when i'm about 70 he catches up then like at a 100+ he beats me and the same thing if we go at it
                at around 55-70 mph.
                The interesting thing is the GTS uses the same technology as the FE3 intake manifold. The GTS has a T-VIS (T-VRIS? I'm not up on my Yota's). The maifold has eight air runners, four of which have butterflies that remain closed until a specific point in the powerband, to maximize torque and top end. Sound familiar?

Sorry, that was pretty usless, I know, but I thought it was a neat tidbit.
                Never on PT.
                '98 CSVT #3780.

Comment

Originally posted by swordsmen6
                  The interesting thing is the GTS uses the same technology as the FE3 intake manifold. The GTS has a T-VIS (T-VRIS? I'm not up on my Yota's). The maifold has eight air runners, four of which have butterflies that remain closed until a specific point in the powerband, to maximize torque and top end. Sound familiar?

Sorry, that was pretty usless, I know, but I thought it was a neat tidbit.
                  So does the CA18DET and the 4G63 Cyclone
                  1999 Chevy Tracker (daily driver)
                  1966 Ford Mustang (the neverending project)
                  1998 Yamaha FZR600 (track bike)
                  2004 Suzuki GSXR750

Comment

FE3 FAqs super mega post
                    Ok there is now a new FE3 thread without all the chit/chat. It took awhile to make. Tell me what you think.
                    evo

edit: link fixed - probesport

Comment

deffinately best post ever.
                      hi, my name is Dutch and im a Mazdaholic
                      1989 Mazda 626 GLX 2.0-12v coupe soon 2 b turbo twin cammed
                      1991 Mazda 626 GT 2.0i-16v coupe
                      1992 Mazda 626 GLX 2.2i-12v Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by anomaly

A lot of people are beginning to doubt the current information. So, it would be great if anyone (ie,fallguy, evo626, etc...) to come forward to share their experience of the engine, its performance, benefits, downfalls, reliabilty, and their own first hand opinions of owning the FE3(T).
                        I can stand up for the FE3 (or FE DOCH whos the rigth name) when reabillity are up for question.

I have 2 cars with this engine.

88 626 Sedan. bougth summer of 97 with 248000 km on the odo
                        today it have 398000 km on the odo and the only parts changed in the drive train since i bougth the car are the timing belt and the left CV joint. The car are still dayly driven by my gf.

88 626 Coupe. bougth it autumm of 01 with 205000 km on the odo. today it has 240000 km and no parts are changed sofar.

I am in progress with making a turbokit for the Coupe wich are going too be used at the existing engine while i put together a new engine for higher boost (a brand new shortblock was a part of the deal when i bougth the car)

Reabillity under boost should be good but i will know for shure when everything are up and running and i have driven it for a while under boost.

PS hey Frank welcome too PT
                        Boosted FE DOHC
                        current stereo system

Comment

See what happens when I dont check this thread out every now and again? Y'all go and post a whole lot of really good, useful information!

evo- Excellent update! The knowledge you've amassed on the FE3 is amazing. If I were still living in Fort Collins (just moved back to So. Cal. last march) I would absolutely have to check out your work in progress.

FE3T-- Thank you very much for your input. It is very important to those who are considering the engine (ie, ME!! As well as many others).

And your experiences with the engines are a testament to the engines strengths. 240,xxx kilometers and still running! Good mileage but not quite up to my F2!

edit: I also added the new link to the original post above so that folks who are too lazy to scroll down can view your new, udated thread at mx6.com.
                          Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
                          1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
                          "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

i checked out the site, and everytime i click on one of the links, it doesnt work ?!
                            Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos ....
                            What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.

Pearl '92 Audi //S4 GT3071R, running 27 psi
                            Lava gray '14 Audi //SQ5, Chipwerke, 034 Intake Pipe
                            For PSP Awareness click here

Comment

Originally posted by anomaly

And your experiences with the engines are a testament to the engines strengths. 240,xxx kilometers and still running! Good mileage but not quite up to my F2!
                              Thats the lowmiler of the cars
                              The Sedan has passed 400,000 kilometers by now.
                              and are still able too outrun most cars with similar ratings
                              Boosted FE DOHC
                              current stereo system

Comment

heres another one with 229.000 on the odo
                                http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread...threadid=60736
                                hi, my name is Dutch and im a Mazdaholic
                                1989 Mazda 626 GLX 2.0-12v coupe soon 2 b turbo twin cammed
                                1991 Mazda 626 GT 2.0i-16v coupe
                                1992 Mazda 626 GLX 2.2i-12v Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X