No announcement yet.

Feramic is the best clutch material ever made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^cool man, thanks for the info, ill should be ordering this in around 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by RigsPGT
      The good thing about this clutch is that it feels like stock but holds the power and right now im not boosted yet
      so how do you know that it holds the power?

personally, i dislike my OFE clutch. it definitely holds all my power (which isn't much) but it slips for a half second if i'm shifting hard from gear to gear.
      the CM-III had a much more positive grabbing feel.

go with the Feramic on both sides if you can. that medium metal organic side that the OFE has basically makes it grab like a stock clutch if you ask me.
      1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
      2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
      2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Originally posted by spada
        so how do you know that it holds the power?

personally, i dislike my OFE clutch. it definitely holds all my power (which isn't much) but it slips for a half second if i'm shifting hard from gear to gear.
        the CM-III had a much more positive grabbing feel.

go with the Feramic on both sides if you can. that medium metal organic side that the OFE has basically makes it grab like a stock clutch if you ask me.

Good question Ben
        I meant to say its holding great at stock levels that i am now! According to Andy at SBC, this full faced feramic (both sides) holds ~365lbs, a lot more than i'll throw on it (10psi). <-------will see how it goes.
        And since you mentioned CM clutches, one thing i liked about my CM1 was that the clutch grabbed hard, i could chirp 3rd everyday.
        If i still had the CM1 PP, i would have used that instead! SBC seems to use PPs that are rated at/or stock numbers. (i've read the discussion that comes into ur mind now)
        Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
        1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
        1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
        1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

Ive got 400 hp and it doesnt slip for me

It grips like stock, but thats awesome. Ive broken 3rd gear twice and dont feel like doing it again. A harsh clutch is completely unneccessary.
          94 MX3 V6 - 403 whp 412 ft lbs 15 psi pump gas. RIP
          98 Ford Ranger 2wd: 5.0L twin turbo. 10 psi 408 rwhp 491 ft lbs 14 psi 478 rwhp 632 ft lbs
          04 Volvo S60R 6 spd

Comment

i totally agree that a harsh clutch is unncecessary.... but the good stick drivers know how to use their harsh clutch in a mild manner, which is why i would have liked for this clutch to be a little more harsh... like at least give me the ability to chirp 2nd gear.

oh well... it's a good daily clutch anyways, and it holds all the way to 7000rpm. i shouldn't complain too much. though if i were to do it again, i would have went either feramic on both sides, or segmented kevlar again
            1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
            2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
            2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

I have about 1500 miles on my OFE clutch. I believe that I have the lowest level pp on my setup and I love the way it grips. I have not run the car really hard yet but I have chirped 2nd without trying. The other day I was going along slow in 1st or 2nd I can't remember, then I decided to go WOT suddenly. I was surprised that I chirped the tires. I had a SBC kevlar TZ prior to this when i replaced it the pressure plate looked great. This is a great clutch.
              KL-ZE, Southbend Clutch OFE, 11 pound UR flywheel, cross-drilled rear rotors, CAI, sleepy eyes, H-4 conversion, NGK V-power plugs, MSD super conductor wires, MBX UDP

Just moved to Boston any MAPOC members in the area. Hit me up with a PM.

Comment

south bend rules!

Comment

36k miles later and mine is still perfect. I changed a tranny at 30k and there was little to no wear on it. Great clutch soo far
                  Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
                  1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
                  1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
                  1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

Working...
                  X