Racing radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing radiator

Thought my thermostat and lower radiator hose were bad so I fixed those and come to find out the radiator is the problem. I am here looking for help on where I could get a bigger and better radiator than stock. If I have to go back to a stock one I will but would like to get a better one for when I decide to race. Help me please. Thanks.
    '94 Ford Probe 2.0L, Cold air intake, Header

Double post?

Comment

AWR racing sells them for the probe.
      PaTricK
      ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

500 bones ouch and no first gen ones. Sad face.

Comment

The 500usd price is not the problem... 600usd to ship it to norway is:p
          Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
          Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Why not look into an oil cooler? It can be had for under $100(posibly shipped to you).

I installed a dual remote oil filter on my 2.0. It worked flawlessly and added over a quart of extra capacity. The extra oil helps with cooling also. I did have to move my battery to the rear and used the battery location for the dual filters but it looked good and weight out back always helps for racing.
            I am not sure this is the correct adapter for the probe but you get the idea of what I am talking about. Much cheaper and I would say as if not more effective.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/trd-1222
            Last edited by custmprobe; April 22, 2013, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I have a awr radiator. I actually noticed higher temps with it. I put the stock one back in for now. Prolly check to see if mines clogged up.
              Unnaturally Aspirated and Squirted Ford Probe
              Evo16g,Hybrid Custom Manifold,P&P,3angle VJ, and Milled Head, Oliver Billet rods,Wiesco 9:1 forged pistons,Apexi AVCR, 440cc injectors,Walbro 255hp,TypeRS Bov,Atx->Mtx,2.5 DP & MES Catback,RR-Sts,CM 2-R clutch, AWR Rad & Pan,Megasquirt2pcb3, maf delete/coilpack conversion

Comment

What’s the part number or link to the Awr Racing radiator ? Currently in search for fans and radiator any and all help is appreciated . Thanks.

Comment

You can order Griffin radiators you just have to fab up your own brackets, not too hard

Comment

I'm using a radiator from a 1988 Toyota Van listing. It's thick and absorbs heat well, I have a hard time trying to overheat it, was only $100 new aftermarket. Not sure how you will mount it, but the hose inlet/outlet matches.
                    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

Working...
                    X