Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Photography, Video, Photoshop > Probe Pic & Video Post

Probe Pic & Video Post Post your PROBE-RELATED pics and Videos here!

Old April 12th, 2014, 05:17 AM   #51
Mud Flight
Donating User

Gates T214RB $56.79 from RockAuto
Mud Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:04 AM   #52
Jollywonker
Slow Learner

sweet.....
Jollywonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 03:20 AM   #53
projectB10
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Flight View Post
Gates T214RB $56.79 from RockAuto
thanks Terry ...the downer is the additional US$50 Post and Packaging cost to get it too NZ
Eunos Presso HI-XS Special Edition, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , walbro 255,short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI,Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.
projectB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #54
WhiteDart
POC Mod

So tuning has become a slight problem. lol. The new turbos as so efficient that the much higher airflow is causing a large lean condition at low rpm/throttle positions at partial boost. Its making for some very strange fuel maps so I am looking into TPS signal modification through the F/IC to alleviate the problem. I have a friend coming to help me watch gauges and push buttons this weekend to make the process go faster.

Other than that, things are working wonderfully. The sounds this thing makes are phenomenal! Im in love!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gone but not forgotten:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(
) Its not purple dammit! Its
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Last edited by WhiteDart; April 15th, 2014 at 05:41 PM.
WhiteDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 08:16 PM   #55
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Update: My boost controller is a piece of crap. I get an inconsistent spike to 6psi which eventually bleeds back down to around 4psi by 5k rpms. I will be relocating the wastegate line closer to the manifold once I get a better boost controller.
Also had some flutter going on due to the undersize blow off valve I was using. Traded some parts to a friend for a Greddy RS which will do until I get a Tial Q BOV.

Pic:

Vid:
http://youtu.be/VCuHnI8bkJo

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
Old April 27th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #56
kresspy67

lol so true......
kresspy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 03:45 PM   #57
mx6gt04
Turbo Member

Absolutely awesome.

One thing... I would highly recommend you putting a PCV back in. Not having any PCV at all will gunk up the inside of your engine faster than you would ever expect. You need to be constantly drawing air through that crankcase bud, if not... your engine will pay the price.

For my truck I found the brand new PCV valves never fully sealed (not uncommon that I cruise at 3-5 psi closed loop when towing for hours on end) so I ended up using.... a brake booster check valve off a Nissan pathfinder. Those will seal up to 20 psi or more.

Just saying....
mx6gt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #58
WhiteDart
POC Mod

I have a road draft tube coming off the back VC to a few inches above the ground so while the car is moving, it is creating a slight draw which pulles air in from the front VC and vents the crankcase. The PCV on the front VC is actually gutted so there is very little flow resistance. Going on 4 years and 40+k miles with this setup and the inside of the motor is still squeaky clean, just like the day I installed it.

In other news, I relocated the wastegate reference line to the elbow by the throttle body and installed my new Hallman boost controller. Boost is stable at 6psi. Car is tons of fun.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old April 29th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #59
JoeeyCuz

Insane!
When your complete Id love to see a 0-60 vid
Twin Turbo KLZE *JIZ*
JoeeyCuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #60
Onyxhammer
PT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
Where did you get your Kevlar belt (assuming it is) from? There was a thread about them a while back and nobody ever posted a source. I would really like to find a Kevlar one!
I'm 99.99% rock auto sells them, I've put on two in the past I just can't remember exactly where it came from but I'm fairly certain where that came from.
Onyxhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #61
WhiteDart
POC Mod

So its official, the S injectors are no longer enough. Ive had the injectors go static a few times on some hard pulls. Not good. So the hunt is on for some 929's. Until then, boost is back down to around 4.5-5psi.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:13 PM   #62
Ghostcloak
Search Impaired

Subscribed!

One day, I'd like to do this to my MX6. I never cared for a single turbo setup and thought a TT setup would be impossible due to space constraints.
I look forward to seeing this completely worked out. Perhaps one day, if you are up for it, I'll make a trip to your part of the world and I can see this beast of yours in person.

Great work! Keep it up I look forward to seeing more.
1985.5 Porsche 944 Sold
1993 Mazda MX3 RS Sold
Ghostcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 12:41 AM   #63
stoker100
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDart View Post
So its official, the S injectors are no longer enough. Ive had the injectors go static a few times on some hard pulls. Not good. So the hunt is on for some 929's. Until then, boost is back down to around 4.5-5psi.
do you know what sort of whp your putting down and what fuel pressure you were running to max out the mill S's? (just out of curiosity).

Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34

Nitrous oxide. - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc.
stoker100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 01:36 PM   #64
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Not a clue on HP at the moment. Once I get some larger injectors and do a little tweaking, I will throw it on the dyno. Im running stock fuel pressure at 38psi @ idle/42wot. I know I can bump up the fuel pressure to act as faux larger injectors but I have killed three Walbro pumps, presumably from running 50+ psi. Im tired of dropping the tank. lol.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:52 PM   #65
short4stuff
On the Cutoff

With the maf swap and the aem f/ic would you be able to run any other injectors other than the mazdas ? (s, 929) ex. nissans?

Just wondering where the aem f/ic ends at power wise before you would have to move to standalone.

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life
short4stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:06 PM   #66
MonoxideChild
POC Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcloak View Post
I never cared for a single turbo setup and thought a TT setup would be impossible due to space constraints.
I look forward to seeing this completely worked out.
There have been TT Probes even a decade ago. The most famous being the one from Michigan that rolled on video. Had the chance to see that car in Chicago is probably 2004 or so.

~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~
MonoxideChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:53 PM   #67
WhiteDart
POC Mod

There have been people that used the F/IC and pushed over 700HP.
The F/IC 8 (the step above the 6) can control 2 additional injectors.
As long as the injectors are high impedance, I can run any injector I want. If I used the F/IC 8, I can control two additional injectors instead.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old June 15th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #68
probe-gt
Search Impaired

twin turbo probe WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!
probe-gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #69
Dan [Sac]
Admiral General

What's new, pussycat?

- KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. ||
||- SOLD
93 PGT
- 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi ||
||
||
- GONE
97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! -
- GONE
90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP
Dan [Sac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #70
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Not a whole lot. Still drives like a dream (when I drive it once or twice a week. ). Still passively looking for injectors so I can bump the boost back up. Picked up the Autometer electric boost gauge I have always wanted a couple weeks ago so I have much better accuracy and peak recall. Im planning on a much more in depth overview of the car in the coming weeks.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old July 10th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #71
Dan [Sac]
Admiral General

What turbos did you end up using?

- KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. ||
||- SOLD
93 PGT
- 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi ||
||
||
- GONE
97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! -
- GONE
90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP
Dan [Sac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #72
Zepticon
Donating User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDart View Post
Not a whole lot. Still drives like a dream (when I drive it once or twice a week. ). Still passively looking for injectors so I can bump the boost back up. Picked up the Autometer electric boost gauge I have always wanted a couple weeks ago so I have much better accuracy and peak recall. Im planning on a much more in depth overview of the car in the coming weeks.
I think ND28 got a set of 929 injectors for sale...

Last edited by Zepticon; July 10th, 2014 at 06:47 AM.
Zepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 05:26 PM   #73
Juans 93 MX3
Not Politically Aware Member

Any updates?
Old November 12th, 2017, 06:27 PM   #74
dprez
Slow Learner

Nicely done, anything new?
dprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 09:52 PM   #75
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Quite a few changes are underway over the past month. Increasing the size of all the charge piping, bigger Precision intercooler, MS3 + MS3X, and all new gauge setup, top feed injectors, A/C going back in... Just to name a few things. lol.
I have a lofty goal of 450whp in mind once I finally drop in the built motor sort out a trans solution.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uEHNoq7MpqlJ23Gi2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9yegQ4pNtzrC60703

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project

Last edited by WhiteDart; November 18th, 2017 at 09:56 PM.