Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Build/Rebuild. Let's work together.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Engine Build/Rebuild. Let's work together.

btw, the pistons are only 20 over, NOT 40

i'll talk to rob and see about the milling, he might be able to take care of that
    NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

Oh, good on both accounts - sanity checks are nice from time to time

Comment

Okay another question for ya Ray: where do the new piston/rod/wrist pin/rings combo sit weight-wise compared to the same stock components? Same/more/less? If they're not exactly the same (which it seems to be it'd be a miracle if they were) wouldn't the difference need to be added to or removed from the counter weights on the crank depending on whether it's more or less?

I'm sort of in-progress with getting my engine guy straight on all the work I'm going to have him do while waiting for the pistons & rods to be ready and don't know whether this is something I have to add to the list..

Thanks!

Comment

the rods are virtually the same weight as stock, the pistons are slightly lighter than stock. so the RECOMMENDED thing to do is to have ur rotating assembly (crank/pistons/rods) rebalanced during this process. ur shop would be able to tell where to remove weight on the crank....since our motor is internally balanced, u wont need the balancer, clutch/flywheel, just the rotating assembly. but u cant do it ahead of time, the pistons rods and bearings must be ON the crank before u balance the whole thing

Comment

hmm - when I talked to him today he indeicated that they spin the rotating parts (pulley, flywheel, crank) and then equalize the weights of all the piston/rod parts - he made no indication that that part was done as part of the "rotating assembly" - well I'll talk to him about it a bit more when it gets closer to time. I'm including the flywheel and UDP because they're both aluminum - no harmonic balancer - so I want everything perfect. Clutch won't be part of it though.

Comment

well they might be used to the more common engines that are NOT internally balanced....thats what my shop asked for at the beginning, they wanted my clutch and flywheel and other stuff, but i told them it was internally balanced and they double checked, and concurred that all they need is the crank w/ the pistons and rods installed

Comment

Talk to you local shop. The shop here where I live in kansas. Is taking my engine. Truing the cylender walls. Cross hatching and honing them, Then they are putting new pistons, and new rods in. Then they are turning the crank. They are balancing and blueprinting it. And then port and polish heads. They are doing all the valves. And so pretty much when i get the engine back ti will be a short block. All i got to do is just slap a few things on and i have a motor making about 210 hp. And that is all being done for 700 dollars.

[]Drobekid818

Comment

depends on what CR pistons ur getting, ur motor alone will make far from 210hp

Comment

so you are saying it will make more or less.

[]Drobekid818

Comment

far FROM usually means less

if ur rebuilding using stock CR, u'll be around STOCK hp/tq....so im assuming u have a US spec, that means 164bhp....u are NOT gonna gain 50hp from port/polished heads. now if u have the ZE which is 200bhp to begin with, then yea, u might get 210 afterwards....

Comment

oo ok cool. Thanks. But will a Ze IM make that big of a difference in this set u
                        []Drobekid818

Comment

he meant a COMPLETE ze engine... intake mani, chip, and 10:1 compression

Trevor
                          Got boost?
                          2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
                          Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

and cams

the kits here are NOT for HP gain (except the 11:1).....they are simply for fortification of the bottom end to ALLOW/WITHSTAND the possibility for high power output

Comment

High power usually meaning boost... or high revs
                              Got boost?
                              2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
                              Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

• ive been considering the PCM ( ECU ) problem for KL- ZE engines , since the one i have is a Eunos 800.

I have decided not to look for a KLZE PCM since they are like hens teeth here in the UK. I think there is an alternative that provides accurate and independent control for the VRIS and retains the existing PCM.

i have a wiki. it details the VRIS

http://www.incony.org/KLZEWiki/pwp_1...Page=StartPage

which details how i see the solution to the VRIS problem

i would welcome input from anyone here, particularly those of an electronic
                                disposition
                                Last edited by Bluexcell; May 8, 2004, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X