Brake Problem plz help(shuttering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Problem plz help(shuttering)

hey guys you have always been able to help me before so here we go again. When im driving at about 50 and step on the brakes my steering wheel shakes and shutter's pretty bad.. any idea's?

-john
    rio red - 93 - atx - gt
    New Paint Job!

my guess would be that you need a brake job like new pads and get your rotors turned or if they are to bad to be turn replace them what is giving you that shutter is a warp rotor

Comment

Check around and buy new rotors and pads for the front. A good rule of thumb is to only turn a rotor once, if you can verify by YOUR records that it hasn't been turned before. i saw front rotors in a summit racing sport compact catalog for under 40 bucks apiece. New/turned rotors and brakepads will fix it!! That's my two cents worth.

Comment

I had the same problem braking from 120 mph. Very scary. Bought Powerslot slotted rotors and Axxis Metal master brake pads and was in awe how hard and smooth the stop was from over 100 mph.
        1993 PGT ATX - some parts remaining

Comment

Hey GT93, where did you get those rotors? and how much? I think I need to replace mine and if I'm going to do it, I'm going to get good ones.
          Matt Fansler
          95 PGT Laser Red, Chrome Swirlies, 145K Miles

Comment

Thanks for all the imput guys, gunna try to replace them within the week will post results!

-john
            rio red - 93 - atx - gt
            New Paint Job!

Comment

Working...
            X