1994 Ford probe gt build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proboner View Post
    There is an indentation where the emblem sits... just fill it with fiberglass

A $25 fix it ticket every once in a while is well worth how much better your car will look without a front plate
    Lol I've already got one of those from my civic! He ran a red light and passed 6 cars just to pull me over for no front license plate.

Originally posted by P1P View Post
    every state doesn't require front plate think it's like 19 states that don't

none of the southern states I know of require front plate that's that cali and overseas bullsh.t
    Ooooooo it's required here but not in Kentucky or pa or Indiana or west Virginia or even Michigan!

Originally posted by stanghater View Post
    that purple jelly looking shift knob is ..... interesting.
    Lol I'm selling it it's going bye bye I bought another shift knob better looking.

Originally posted by dammitcam View Post
    I'm from Ohio as well. Fill in the holes for the holder, and tell the cops (if you ever get pulled over) that you had to get a new bumper installed and they never drilled holes in it for the license plate. or do what I did on my old orchid. also I have heard they are trying to do away with that shit law

I really hope they do away with that shit law I hate having a front license plate! That sounds like an idea though. I'm trying to figure out if there is someway I can mount it elsewhere. I know they make kits but where to put it on the probe?? Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post
      I really hope they do away with that shit law I hate having a front license plate! That sounds like an idea though. I'm trying to figure out if there is someway I can mount it elsewhere. I know they make kits but where to put it on the probe?? Hmmm
      I just bent the the plate and zip tied it lol was good passed 135mph
      1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
      Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

You can just put it inside of the car, glued to the windshield like guys here in Europe do ? And just get the excuse that you freshly paint the car yesterday and didn't have time to mount the front license plate )

Comment

Originally posted by filip_pine View Post
          You can just put it inside of the car, glued to the windshield like guys here in Europe do ? And just get the excuse that you freshly paint the car yesterday and didn't have time to mount the front license plate )
          That is worse than no front plate at all in the eyes of Ohio. They told me that if that were to come loose in an impact then it would more than likely come out and cause serious injury, maybe even enough from someone to lose their head.
          1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come

Comment

Hmm, ( yep, well that is true. I also think of install a special made aluminium diffuser on the back of my Probe and when i go to the Technical Inspection Company, they told me that would not be possible to pass Technical Inspection with it because in case of an accident, that aluminium could cause serious injuries , also it can cut the head of the person. So yeah, some laws are laws (, we can't do much about it .

Comment

Originally posted by dammitcam View Post
              I just bent the the plate and zip tied it lol was good passed 135mph
              It's covering the other fog light though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post
                It's covering the other fog light though lol
                It's very rare if someone that goes with an FMIC and keeps their fogs lol.

Comment

What happen with the build mate ? We want updates....

PS : I just notice that for the rear you get the triangle shape camber plates, can i know why ? I mean, i know there is only 3 lug nuts strut mount on the rear, but wouldn't square camber plates fit better ?
                  I'm also searching for rear adjustable camber plates and your advices would be highly appreciatted.
                  Thank you
                  Last edited by filip_pine; April 22, 2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

fc rx7 camber plates fit the front you didnt need universal ones lol.
                    94 PGT
                    [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Originally posted by filip_pine View Post
                      What happen with the build mate ? We want updates....

PS : I just notice that for the rear you get the triangle shape camber plates, can i know why ? I mean, i know there is only 3 lug nuts strut mount on the rear, but wouldn't square camber plates fit better ?
                      I'm also searching for rear adjustable camber plates and your advices would be highly appreciatted.
                      Thank you
                      I'm the type to not start working on the car until I have everything ready. I have all these parts just sitting in my room but I'm not putting the wheels or anything else on until I get the rest of my body kit, fenders rolled and pulled and my coilovers are not done yet.

Shaun with the black lowered probe(my inspiration) told me to get those for the rear so that's why. I know he is very knowledgeable about the probe so I'll take his advice.

Originally posted by xrp861 View Post
                      fc rx7 camber plates fit the front you didnt need universal ones lol.
                      I've read the fc camber plates don't fit. Bolts don't line up right.

Comment

Shaun's car up for sale right now

Comment

Originally posted by P1P View Post
                          Shaun's car up for sale right now
                          I know! Making me upset.

If y'all couldn't tell this is a slow build lol funds are tight again due to bills but I still buy little parts here and there. Hopefully next paycheck I can get some more work done.

Comment

Just don't make it as slow as my build. I have been collecting parts of and on since 2007 that are going into my car. Take your time and do it right.
                            1993 Probe GT
                            2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Originally posted by LowClassCC View Post
                              Just don't make it as slow as my build. I have been collecting parts of and on since 2007 that are going into my car. Take your time and do it right.
                              I'm trying not to but I've made dumb mistakes in my life I'm paying for so funds are tight and I buy parts when I can.

Comment

Isn't that the real though lol

Comment

Working...
                                X