I'm a New Proboner!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a New Proboner!!!

Yep. After 2 weeks of looking for cars, I finally found one that I could live with =).

Here are the specs:

1993 Probe GT MTX w/ 77,000 miles
    Exterior: White
    Interior: Gray Cloth

It's a 1 owner car with all service records and just had a new distributor and clutch put in. The interior is in pretty good shape and it has a lot of options (sunroof). It is bone stock and even came with a factory option subwoofer (!!!)

Now I just need to learn how to drive a 5-speed.

Are u gonna teach me Jon? As soon as tax and registration are paid, time to start modding it!

Congratulations!

Hope you will get many good years out of her. We look forward to seeing you at a summit near you - stay tuned for an announcement on when the next meet is.
    90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
    93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
    97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
    90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Where did you find it?
      2004 Mazda Ti Grey 3s Hatch
      Former Probe owner
      Do American cows not Moo? or perhaps Moo with an american accent, Moo haa, yippidy ding dang moo etc

Comment

It was out in Dublin/Pleasanton. The car was originally purchased from a dealer in San Jose and has been in suburbia ever since. Since it's not a city car, the body is in really good shape.

After I decided to buy it, the owner took it today to get a tune-up and smogged. He was a really nice guy and made every effort not to screw me over, which was really cool.

Comment

Sounds Good!

Now you're an official Probe Owner.

I've been driving 5 speeds for many years (no tickets of any kind), so if you want some lessons I'd be willing to teach you all my good habits (see my sig, still haven't done anything to the transmission or clutch after more than 150,000 miles). After you get the basics, if you want you can ask others to show you their "advanced techniques".

I won't give you a hard time when you're jerking from a stop, but you will learn how to drive on steep grades, then you can handle anything else that you encounter.
          2015 Dodge Charger SXT Rallye, JAZZZND , 40K
          JAZZZIN 1994 PGT, MTX, Black/Gray leather, 200K, KLZE, Magnaflow catback SOLD to Dan [Sac]
          JAZZZN8 (2008 Mazda RX-8 GT), JAZZZN6 (2013 and 2010 Mazda 6 s GTs), first BAPOC Prez James Creasy's JAZZZN2 (1994 PGT), the infamous GRPJUCE (1994 PGT) all sold
          born in MA, grew up in MI, live in CA, just kept moving west

Comment

right on man. now you can drive that down to HIN in the bapoc caravan. i'll have to check it out.

-adam
            '59 VW Bus - camper - lots of work - Mango green/Seagull Grey two tone
            '05 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro 6-spd manual Ultrasport w/ mods - Arctic White / Black
            '69 VW Bug - Grey/Black two tone-1641cc
            '94 MX-6 ZE mtx w/ mods - TAZ 6 - sold / BAPOC
            '01.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro w/ mods - sold

Comment

congratulations! sounds like theres another white probe to take the place of mine that went to dans dad! by the way, how much did you spend on it?
              2004 Acura MDX, touring, fully loaded, auto-flippin-matic

Apparent killer of cars......

Comment

Damn dude!!! Good score!!! When adam said white with grey and from Pleasenton, I thought you might have bought my old car... good thing you didn't... haha

Anyway, I will more than gladly teach you to drive a 5spd. I taught my friend this year and while he's still getting comfortable, I don't mind letting him drive my car...

If you'd like, you can learn on my car also as I have a brand new clutch and don't mind letting newbies like you fry it up a little.

Besides, I should be installing my ACT in a month or so anyway....

Soooo, let me know when you're ready. I've got a good spot you can learn at and everything.

And yes, how much did you pay? Sounds like you got a mint condition PGT? For something like that I would expect $5000 or so wouldn't be too unreasonable...
                2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

I got impatient and taught myself how to drive it in the middle of the night Satuday after I picked up the car =). I already had a little 5-speed experience so it wasn't bad at all. I only stalled it once when I thought I was in 1st but really I was in 3rd =p. I feel like I can drive it now except maybe paralell parking, I just hope I didn't glaze the clutch too much or scratch the gears too badly!

When I bought the car the guy gave me a HUGE folder with ALL the COMPLETE repair history of the car, including EVERY oil change at Jiffy Lube and all the repair service done at the FORD DEALER. It even has the original dealer window sticker and receipt of sale. The guy actually paid MSRP for the car! He also just spent $2300 in repairs last October (2,500 miles ago) for a new clutch, new pilot bearings, new distributor, new water pump, plug wires, valve cover gaskets, timing belt, EGR valve and some other junk. On Saturday when I bought he had his mechanic give it a tune-up (new spark plugs and adjust the ignition timing) and it super purrrrrs. I drove it to work on the 80 freeway this morning and was very pleased.

It's not in MINT condition but I would say it's in GOOD condition aesthetically (scrapes on the rubber/plastic door trim that came up by the beltline of the car on 93's which could easily be repainted with rattle can) and in very good condition mechanically. The interior is also good with the cloth seats having no rips or burns.

Things I have found wrong with it:

- Rear brake calipers (duh) ; the parking warning light will come on if you hold the brake pedal down for a long time

- Rear tires (some checking, probably need replacing soon) they are Falken Z-rated, with some fairly new Kumho Ecsta Supra's on the front

- Driver's side interior door handle needs a spring?

- Axles??? Steering makes a slight squish sound when you turn the wheel a lot. Maybe steering rack bushing?

I'm sure I'll find other picky things, but that's just me =) . Come out and see my ride!

Oh yeah, and the guy got another serious offer from a guy for $4200, but I brought $3600 cash money and he sold it to me because I told him I was gonna join BAPOC and he didn't know about it but thought it was cool I would take care of the car. He even apologized because his mechanic took two hours to finish up the car, and he felt bad that I had to wait for it.

Comment

right onman, thats a damn good deal for that car. time to start modding!

-adam
                    '59 VW Bus - camper - lots of work - Mango green/Seagull Grey two tone
                    '05 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro 6-spd manual Ultrasport w/ mods - Arctic White / Black
                    '69 VW Bug - Grey/Black two tone-1641cc
                    '94 MX-6 ZE mtx w/ mods - TAZ 6 - sold / BAPOC
                    '01.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro w/ mods - sold

Comment

Sounds Good!

Glad you were able to teach yourself to drive a stick, and had had some previosu experience with MTX. It takes a LOT to damage these clutches and transmissions, so you're probably OK with the little bit of glitching you did.

Door handle return spring? Yeah, I've got to get one for my passenger door. A guy got in there and didn't know his own strength, busted it by pulling too hard, then had nerve enough to suggest that HE replace it. I don't think so, I told him he'd done enough.

Just curious: did the previous owner say why he was sellin' it? Seems to me if he took such good care of the car, he might regret getting rid of it. Hope there's nothing major down the road that you have to fix.
                      2015 Dodge Charger SXT Rallye, JAZZZND , 40K
                      JAZZZIN 1994 PGT, MTX, Black/Gray leather, 200K, KLZE, Magnaflow catback SOLD to Dan [Sac]
                      JAZZZN8 (2008 Mazda RX-8 GT), JAZZZN6 (2013 and 2010 Mazda 6 s GTs), first BAPOC Prez James Creasy's JAZZZN2 (1994 PGT), the infamous GRPJUCE (1994 PGT) all sold
                      born in MA, grew up in MI, live in CA, just kept moving west

Comment

sounds like you got a good deal! good job on your score, its good to know people out there that take care of their cars and can show you they have. official welcome to bapoc! now alls you gotta do is come up with a name for her.
                        2004 Acura MDX, touring, fully loaded, auto-flippin-matic

Apparent killer of cars......

Comment

Working...
                        X