This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by desertfox1313
    I have found r4s to not last very long, although they brake very well and fade is much less then many pads i have used...

Not sure if i would use them again though...
    i must talk with you about this. hmm. i've had my set on for some time now and they're still working just fine.
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

They sent me the pads for the 2nd gen so I never got the chance to try out the R4S brake pads. Maybe when it comes time to change my pads again I will try buying them again...

the plus side is that Porterfield was willing to give me a refund for the pads without a lot of fuss. To good customer service!

Comment

I have found r4s to not last very long, although they brake very well and fade is much less then many pads i have used...

Not sure if i would use them again though...
        Odd... I now have about 70k miles on my R-4S pads. They need replacement soon (with another set of R-4S pads waiting to be installed) but that's still quite a few miles worth. Then again my days of driving really hard are mostly behind me.
        Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
        chrono@chrono.org
        http://www.chrono.org
        '95 PGT own
        '06 Mazdaspeed 6
        '13 Evolution GSR
        '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

Anyone got a deal lately? This still on?
          Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
          PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
          1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
          1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

I think they its a perm deal
            Got boost?
            2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
            Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

Bought 'em, got 'em, put them in. They WORK!
              '93 GTZE - SOLD
              '89 Corolla GT-S Silvertop Swap
              '94 FD3S
              '00 A4Q

Comment

Originally posted by Probesport
                My reply on the 27th of September..
                Originally posted by Fastest95PGT
                Just ordered some R4S pads from Porterfield! The sales woman was very happy when I mentioned the group for the discount.
                Yeah, as the guy above me said.. it seems to be going on indefinitely.
                Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
                1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

This sounds like a good deal, I'll be needing these soon
                  "They'll just cut our wrists like cheap coupons, and say that death was on sale today!" -Marilyn Manson

Comment

Still The best deal around

Originally posted by Probesport

Yes I still keep in contact with Porterfield and I'm always checking on sales. If the community still buy from Porterfield they will continue to give us this incredible discount. Also ask about rotors? I think they might be discounting these items also. They use Brembo blanks.

Thanks to everyone who has supported Porterfield's offer!

Toodles,
                    Happy-New-Year!!!
                    Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                    MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                    Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Is the discount for Hawk HPS also?
                      Red 95 PGT - The Wife's Car /// Blue 93 PGT-ZE /// Green 96 S10 - The Hauler

Comment

i just got mine today
                        thanks stacey

Comment

Originally posted by Red_95_PGT
                          Is the discount for Hawk HPS also?
                          Call them up and ask is all I can say.. Remember to mention - "The national Probe Owners Network" when you call them.
                          Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                          MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                          Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Can you use this discount for MX3's?
                            Are there pads different?
                            96 MX6 LS PTE preped
                            96 Probe GT (Sold)
                            93 KLZE Base Probe (Sold)

Comment

Hrm, called again and it appears that the R4-s pads have jumped in price from the original discount in the 70$+tax+11 dollars shipping....
                              I think i could get some hawk HPS or something along those lines for less locally...
                              And it appears to only be for mx6 626 and probes, and it is ONLY for their brake pads not hawks etc
                              Got boost?
                              2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
                              Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

Hrm, called again and it appears that the R4-s pads have jumped in price from the original discount in the 70$+tax+11 dollars shipping....
                                I think i could get some hawk HPS or something along those lines for less locally...
                                And it appears to only be for mx6 626 and probes, and it is ONLY for their brake pads not hawks etc
                                well, keep in mind that the discount was worked out over a year ago.

nevertheless, i will mention this to stacey when i get home tonight. she does communicate with porterfield quite a bit.
                                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                                X