EGR Delete on OBD1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Delete on OBD1

alright so ive been searching for the past hour on what i need to do to delete the whole egr "system" on my probe, but cant find anything straightforward.
    heres what im doing:
    klze swapping and didnt transfer the old exhaust mani with the egr valve to the new setup and would also need to purchase a new/junkyard egr solenoid (mine is broken). im using the klde intake manifold until i can get a klze straight neck.
    aside from this the car is right at the point of cranking for the first time.

what do i need to block off/remove in order for this to run without the egr "system" and will it throw many codes?

i think im getting a chipped ecu soon so that should eliminate the egr codes.

any help is appreciated! thanks!
    1993 PGT-ZE 5-speed
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3128762

1978 Datsun 280z 5-speed - Sold

use jb weld to plug it at the head. or make a small plate.
    1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

1. block off the EGR port on the back header
      2. unbolt the EGR solenoids on the bitch bolt bracket and sell them. throw away the bitch bolt bracket
      3. unbolt the whole EGR valve assembly and throw it away
      4. youll have a hole in the head where the EGR valve went. find a bolt that fits in that hole, put some JBweld in the threads and run it in there. otherwise you have a straight shot into the intake, w00t big vaccum leak
      5. turn off code 16 and your all set

besides step 5 this is what i did and my car runs great. i noticed about 1-2mpg drop on the mileage, but thats worth not having fresh exhaust dumping into my intake and making everything black and nasty in there
      -Roman
      93 teal mist PGT.....RIP march 21, 2008
      95 white PGT....blown up, sold
      94 325i...boring dd
      02 R6....toy

Comment

thanks guys! thats exactly what i needed. youre a big help!

one last thing, im still unsure about which tiny vacuum lines to re-route/remove.

all i need to do is remove the lines in red?
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...egrremoval.jpg

thanks again!
        1993 PGT-ZE 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeystyx16 View Post
          1. block off the EGR port on the back header
          2. unbolt the EGR solenoids on the bitch bolt bracket and sell them. throw away the bitch bolt bracket
          3. unbolt the whole EGR valve assembly and throw it away
          4. youll have a hole in the head where the EGR valve went. find a bolt that fits in that hole, put some JBweld in the threads and run it in there. otherwise you have a straight shot into the intake, w00t big vaccum leak
          5. turn off code 16 and your all set

besides step 5 this is what i did and my car runs great. i noticed about 1-2mpg drop on the mileage, but thats worth not having fresh exhaust dumping into my intake and making everything black and nasty in there
          Thats way to much work just block the exhaust to the egr port leave the rest so you don't get the position code. I can see you loosing mileage and performance by getting rid of some of the cooling.
          93 gt
          95 tbird sc
          2010 focus ses

Comment

Originally posted by ya_whatever View Post
            Thats way to much work just block the exhaust to the egr port leave the rest so you don't get the position code. I can see you loosing mileage and performance by getting rid of some of the cooling.
            im not worried about codes and most of the stuff is already off lol
            1993 PGT-ZE 5-speed

Comment

plus I could have read you first post better
              93 gt
              95 tbird sc
              2010 focus ses

Comment

When I did my headers and couldn't get my EGR tube to fit right, I just cut one end off of the old EGR tube and removed the nut that screws in to the EGR Valve on the Intake side. Then I JB Welded a quarter to it to close the hole and just screwed it back in. Voila, no leak
                '93 Mazda MX-6 LS: Five AD S5F 18x8.5 +30 & P215/35R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE760's, KW Variant 3 Coilovers, Traction Bars, South Bend Stage 2 Daily Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Corksport Stainless Braided Clutch Line, '07 Mazdaspeed6 F+R Brakes, Power Slot Rotors, Hawk HPS, Goodridge SS Brake Hoses, Pacesetter Headers, Test Pipe, Borla Catback, Outlaw Spacer Kit, EGR Block-Off, PRD STS, UHMWP Shifter Bushings, Trans Saver, PRM CAI, RedLineGoods Shift Boot

Comment

Originally posted by ya_whatever View Post
                  not too much work when i can unbolt my back mount thru bolt without needing 4 feet of extensions and going thru the passenger side wheel well, and clean up the engine bay at the same time.
                  -Roman
                  93 teal mist PGT.....RIP march 21, 2008
                  95 white PGT....blown up, sold
                  94 325i...boring dd
                  02 R6....toy

Comment

Working...
                  X