No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RRE (Road Race Engineering) front strut bar came from Jimmy who got it from a bulk buy run a few months ago. This was 1 of 10 made in the bulk buy, so they're pretty rare, but they are the best front bar you can possibly get. There was another bulk buy of these bars 5 or 6 years ago with only ten made then so if you ever see one for sale, jump on it!

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Originally posted by loaf2.2 View Post
    slys shut down a few years ago.. they opend a few pap in south gr. they arent as good as the ones in tn but they are getting better
    Yeah when the one in Knoxville opened up (I was one of the first ones there ) it wasn't too great either. Took many months for it to pick up.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. VRIS FTW!!!!!
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
      The RRE (Road Race Engineering) front strut bar came from Jimmy who got it from a bulk buy run a few months ago. This was 1 of 10 made in the bulk buy, so they're pretty rare, but they are the best front bar you can possibly get. There was another bulk buy of these bars 5 or 6 years ago with only ten made then so if you ever see one for sale, jump on it!

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Yeah when the one in Knoxville opened up (I was one of the first ones there ) it wasn't too great either. Took many months for it to pick up.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. VRIS FTW!!!!!
      the pap that me and you used to go to was one of the best junk yards ive been too so easy to find cars there
      Goal for 2007: get the mirage in the 11s

Comment

Yay VRIS!
        89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
        92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
        91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
        91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
        "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

can i has VRIS?
          Goal for 2007: get the mirage in the 11s

Comment

No need, you have secondaries in the lower IM.

Seriously, it feels like I have a whole new engine now. Loads of torque down low and the crazy jump in HP at 4200 is gone so its much smoother in traffic. FAR more fun to drive now.
            Jim K.
            :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by loaf2.2 View Post
              the pap that me and you used to go to was one of the best junk yards ive been too so easy to find cars there
              I have plans to go to the Knoxville PAP tomorrow. I'm going with a buddy of mine
              as he needs some other stuff for his car. We may check Lambert's first, but I need a intermediate/midshaft and I don't see that as being possible to get to there(or maybe not possible without endangering my life).
              Red 1994 pgt - 2.5L V6 - 5spd

Comment

If you're needing the 2-bolt half shaft, i've got one.
                Jim K.

Comment

That would have saved me a headache, but I caught ya too late. I pulled one from a 94 Probe at Lamberts today. I had to pull it out without getting under the car because I didn't trust the jack that I had the car propped up on.

I still need to get the old CV cuff off of the end of this one, but I'm not expecting to have a huge problem with that. I'll definitely hit you up if I'm in need of any stuff like that.
                  Red 1994 pgt - 2.5L V6 - 5spd

Comment

So now im doing a 180... again. Thanks to Jimmy and a ridiculous good deal, boost is in the works.
                    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0621102101.jpg

Things left to gather:
                    wastegate (sourced via Krish)
                    BOV pipe (if Chris can find it)
                    oil pan to tap
                    feed and drain lines (ebay)
                    install my Walbro possibly next weekend.

Jim K.

Comment

Getting anxious now.........
                      Jim K.

Comment

I also am in eager anticipation!

Comment

I picked up some OBDII software today which will help tremendously through all this. I can watch timing, MAF flow rates (which does NOT get bypassed like the VAF! ) and a bunch of other fun things.
                          Jim K.

Comment

Did some test fitting of the turbo/pipes/wg on the floor today. Looks beautiful. Best part is, if I decide the external dump is too loud, I can set up a re-circ EASY. I found a flange while rummaging around that I can use to bolt on a dump tube or use it for recirc.
                            Jim K.

Comment

Fuel pump install this weekend. I prolly shouldnt have filled the tank today.
                              Jim K.

Comment

I ran open dump on my WG for years but finally decided to plumb it back in a couple years ago.

Makes the car a little more civil and better suited for a DD without what sounds like a massive header leak every time the WG opens.
                                95 Black Probe GT
                                Currently being parted out.

Comment

Working...
                                X