HElp.. EVAP purge solenoid code.. obdII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HElp.. EVAP purge solenoid code.. obdII

I ran to autozone to have them scan my computer and that code popped up.. My ? is .. what the hell could be wrong?? Its just a canister with some hoses... I swapped the canister out with the one from my 94 pgt and cleared the codes.. and the CEL came on again...What else should I check??

did you actually do the test they talk about in the haynes manual? Or you could try using the solenoid from/for a '96, I think it would be different.
    '93 PGT praying for new paint with RR-Racing STS, Poly Stabilizer Bushings, CM 3, Fidanza Flywheel, AWR Rear Mount, Poly Inserts in the Front Mount, 2.5" CatBack, HD CAI, Tokico Illuminas, Pro Kit Springs, OBX Headers and Resonated test pipe courtesy of TWMotorsports...totaled as of August 2nd

Comment

The code is telling you that the Canister Purge Solenoid is faulty. It's the solenoid to the right (as viewed from the front of the car) of the VRIS solenoids on the top back edge of the IM.
      KevinD
      1995 Sapphire Blue Mustang GT Convertible, 2006 Storm Red Metallic Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Cabriolet, 2006 Dark Shadow Gray Ford F250 V10 Supercab 4x4, 2004 Perlite Gray Metallic Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic, 2002 Burgundy Pearl Suzuki XL-7 Touring, 1971 Spring Green Jeep J4000 Gladiator, 1966 Signal Flare Red Ford Fairlane, to name a few...

Comment

No I just swapped the charcoal canister... Didnt know where the solenoid was... The canister is EXACTLY the same for the 94 and 96's

Comment

Working...
        X