No announcement yet.

DID YOU KNOW??? 93-95 to 96-97 Probe GT differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 95 does not have lit door locks, but the ignition does have a light that is burnt out lol.
    I also do not have "theater" lightning.
    I've Been Probed.

Comment

Originally posted by branscoset View Post
      My 95 does not have lit door locks, but the ignition does have a light that is burnt out lol.
      I also do not have "theater" lightning.
      every 93-97 Probe ever made had the ignition key light

your 95 doesn't have theater lighting or lit door locks because both of those were options (i believe they came together in the same convenience group package), that definitely didn't come standard.
      Licensed car dealer & Probe addict [former owner of 17 Probe GT & 2 Probe SE]
      Current KL's: 93 Probe GT, 94 Probe GT, 95 Probe GT, 95 626 LX V6 (all 5 spds)

Comment

93-94 no center GT, license plate takes it spot. 95-97 has GT center, license plate moved to bumper location, as well rear bumper slightly different design having smaller center valance
        89 PGT: DD, stock until spring

Comment

Originally posted by silversensi View Post
          how about the lit key hole on the doors? I believe it was a 93-94 GT only thing...but not sure. and when you unlock the door with the key if you turned it farther it would power unlock the passenger door as well.
          my 95 GT has lighted exterior door locks

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Originally posted by BradsPGT View Post
          Really? Maybe I've got a burnt bulb then, but I've definitely never seen this light. I'll have to look into this one.

I know the Canadian probe block heater was mentioned, but was the heated power mirrors mentioned? I may have missed it. I cant remember what year it was off of though, I read it a while ago.
          my 95 doesn't have the heated mirrors
          1995 Probe GT - Laser Red - MTX - (Gone in 2001 )
          1995 Probe GT - Laser Red - MTX - Present in 2008

Comment

Wow I forgot I even posted here.

I wish I had lit door locks and theater lightening, then I would be cool
            I've Been Probed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ford427 View Post
              93-94 no center GT, license plate takes it spot. 95-97 has GT center, license plate moved to bumper location, as well rear bumper slightly different design having smaller center valance
              Way to resurrect my nearly year old thread, dude! lmao

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Originally posted by mburec View Post
              my 95 GT has lighted exterior door locks

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

my 95 doesn't have the heated mirrors
              both of those options were dropped after 1995. i have a fully loaded 96 GT with every single available option (it even has the super rare stock subwoofer) but it doesnt have the heated mirrors or lighted exterior door locks. cost cutting began in 1994 on Probes and it continued every year till alot of things were stripped, the 1997's were bare of many things.
              Licensed car dealer & Probe addict [former owner of 17 Probe GT & 2 Probe SE]
              Current KL's: 93 Probe GT, 94 Probe GT, 95 Probe GT, 95 626 LX V6 (all 5 spds)

Comment

96 Ford Probe GT 2.5L

i am new to owning a probe and have come upon some electrical mishaps, if anyone could help me with my questions it would be really appreciated.
                (found a 60 amp fuse that is control of a slight battery drain the fuse controls 27 different items that i have been going through and inspecting).
                if anyone has had similar complications please message me or contact me through this thread i am newer to the site so i can not yet send direct messages. thank you for any and all assistance
                -Erica

Comment

You are going to want to start a proper thread in the proper headline here...http://forums.probetalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Which fuse it? Is it the one labled BTN?
                  Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

1995 Tail lights replacement

FPGT24 - thanks for all the useful info. I am afraid I almost got what I needed from your post but would like to ask you something. I am looking to replace both damaged tail lights of my red 95 GT. I want black frames because I have decided to paint the whole vehicle black. What all would fit? If you give me a selection of all that would fit I would have options in my search (e.g. 94 GT, 96 SE, 96 GT, etc).

I have seen some on ebay with black frames, but the lenses on the end look orange - I suppose these are non-GT according to your knowledge posted below. I may ultimately settle with red frames and paint them too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-1995-FO...3D272433285654

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Yes the black outlines will fit without any problems.

The ones with orange lenses use a different bulb harness. They are from the eu spec Probes. They will also fit as long as you get the proper harness for them.
                      Last edited by LowClassCC; November 4, 2016, 05:10 PM.
                      1993 Probe GT
                      2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Originally posted by LowClassCC View Post
                        Yes the black outlines will fit without any problems.

The ones with orange lenses use a different bulb harness. They are from the eu spec Probes. They will also fit as long as you get the proper harness for them.
                        I used the stock US Spec harnesses on my Eu spec tails (amber turns) and they worked perfectly. What is supposed to be different about the harnesses?
                        Success is a measure of determination!
                        Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                        $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                        Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

What tail lights fit a 95 GT?

I'd like to know my options for replacing my damaged tail lights. I am repainting my damaged red PGT from red to black and would like to get the versions with the black frames. Saw possibly all 2nd gen probes fit each other but need to know before buying. Some versions on ebay have orange lenses on the outside portion? Thanks a bunch for your list - just not sure it quite gives me what I need in this area.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Sorry to post that question twice - I didnt see my post and thought it didnt go thru. Thanks for your timely replies. I got what I needed.

Comment

Are the fuel schrader valves on KL's? If so, where? I can't find it.
                            1989 Ford Probe GT
                            KL Swap-Turboed-MAF-OBDII-Factory Keyless-HVAC
                            Tuned with AEM's FIC
                            "Does the job, hits the spot, it's the Ford Probe"
                            -Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                              I used the stock US Spec harnesses on my Eu spec tails (amber turns) and they worked perfectly. What is supposed to be different about the harnesses?
                              EU harnesses are wired for the factory fog beacon and a single reverse light.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Originally posted by BlueInfinity48 View Post
                              Are the fuel schrader valves on KL's? If so, where? I can't find it.
                              No not factory equipped with them.
                              1993 Probe GT
                              2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

My 96 has one.....its on the banjo on timing belt side of rail if you have one.
                                94 PGT
                                [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Working...
                                X