No announcement yet.

Myrtle 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone starts up another national meet, that'd be great. But why not try something new? A new location, new name, new weekend. Just something that isn't Myrtle Madness. We did that ten times and want it to be done. I'm selfish about it, yeah, but it's over and it needs to stay over. It's time for something new.
    Greg Martin
    2009 BMW 328i
    2017 BMW X3
    1990 Probe LX

Comment

Why let a good thing die? Myrtle beach is a beautiful place, and I don't see why it can't be there. I don't know maybe we are a little selfish about it too. Just my two pennies.
      "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

Originally posted by spada View Post
        Wasn't there already a Myrtle 9 in 2006?
        i think the mean MM 2009

we should try to find a place more centralized so some of the westerns have a change to visit
        2012 Ford Focus Hatch
        Eibach Pro-Kit. AEM CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Rear Sway Bar. RS Spoiler. RS Hood. 18" MSW Wheels
        16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

MM just worked... Farily centralized for the east cost guys, its on the beach, alot to do even though its the off season. Because its the off season its not so croweded, prices are low for rooms, and its the end of the year usually last big event before you shut down for the winter. It will be hard to re-create something like that. We could always do it the first weekend of Nov. instead of the second, call it myrtle insane, and do it in the parking lot on the oppisite side of the mall .

Nashville was a good idea, its even more central than myrtle although, whats in nashville.... Myrtle beach is the shizille
          2004 Corvette Z06 |\/| Yellow 94 PGT (SuperCharged ZE) |\/| Red 96 PGT (N/A ZE) |\/| Blue 97 PGT (N/A ZE)
          02 Corvette Z06 |\/| 01 Kawasaki Ninja Zx6-R |\/| 93Mazda Mx-3 GS |\/| 01 Dodge Ram |\/| 97 Red PGT-ZE DD

Comment

Originally posted by rajamit View Post
            I cant beleive I never made it to any MM... I hope someone, someday organizes another MM..
            i'm with you on this one. i never got a chance to experience the MM life. i feel sooo left out. somebody please organize another one.
            93 mx6 everything from the probe and more.
            http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps77ec3fc9.jpg
            95pgt-t 14sec @ 111mph crushed
            http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...916_001048.jpg
            95se stock R.I.P. 10/16/08

Comment

Originally posted by MakatoMotors View Post
              i think the mean MM 2009

we should try to find a place more centralized so some of the westerns have a change to visit

we did that. it was called MAS..
              Original Ricepoc member
              93 Black GT,mildly modified..----------------- SOLD
              1991 Kawasaki ZX7R....all the speed i need!!!

Comment

M F M ?
                Last edited by Sqwadldr; February 27, 2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Okay I'm going to say it, since no one here has the stones to say it....

Why the hell would you want to end MM, yeah it's great to take a break, you guys deserve it for hookin' this up 10 years straight. Why the hell would you want to go out like this? Let's go back into history of things discontinued:

The Corvette, for one year, and demand brought it back, now we have the ZR1.

The GT500, again, demand. Look how successful that turned out. Even the Camaro is coming back, if GM doesn't go tits up first.

Loss of supply creates demand, and right now there is a metric shit-ton of demand for Myrtle.

Attendance is not dropping, there's plenty of people here who are down to go.

I've suggested Pigeon Forge, lots of other meets have been discussed. people don't want that.

Not everyone can make the long ass drive to West Palm from way up north.

Myrtle was the shit, and everyone knows it, and now we're not ever doing it again because like one or two people want to discontinue Myrtle Madness, when half of the active board wants to continue Myrtle.

If no one gives me an answer by the end of March, I'm organizing this shit my own damn self. I'm getting sick and tired of people whining about the meet and how it was discontinued and they'll never get to go, all because one or two people want to go out on top, you know what, you never were on top, because the meet never reached critical mass. Every year new people who had never had the Myrtle experience showed up. Every successive year was bigger than the previous. MM10 is still the one place where I consumed the most alcohol in one night.

Tell you what, if you don't want to do it, fine. I'll organize it myself and call it something else, and do it a different time if need be. Where else are you going to get a better deal on rooms? The drinking olympics? Suck and Blow? the DANGER RANGER? Yuengpong? Roofie Matt? You can't do that shit anywhere else, it isn't the same.

I'll even bring the Ciocc so you can steal it out of my car and try to wheelie it at the Courtyard Marriott.

Myrtle 2009 who's in?

Give the people what they want.

/rant
                  Last edited by j-dogg; March 1, 2009, 10:05 PM.
                  PhotoPOC(tm)
                  MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                  93' PGT not stock
                  91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Originally posted by j-dogg View Post
                    ...Every successive year was bigger than the previous....
                    That is not true actually...

1993 Mazda MX6 LS-T~ Stock
                    1991 Honda CRX SI ~ Not stock
                    2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs ~ The tank
                    2009 Honda Ruckus ~ 49cc's of fury!

Comment

Almost the opposite actually if we are talking in numbers of cars.
                      Ross Evilsizor
                      92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
                      Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

j-dogg!
                        ARRIVE....RAISE HELL....LEAVE!!

Comment

I was always under the impression more and more cars showed every year, I was at MMIX and MMX was bigger (and more drunk) than MMIX.
                          PhotoPOC(tm)
                          MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                          93' PGT not stock
                          91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

I'm with ya Jesse!!!! If you're serious about setting up one, I'm with ya on it!!!!!
                            -Randall-
                            Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps
                            vehicleless

Comment

Originally posted by j-dogg View Post
                              I was always under the impression more and more cars showed every year, I was at MMIX and MMX was bigger (and more drunk) than MMIX.
                              Far from it... Go search for some pictures from older Myrtles... Hell even 7 or 8 had double what 9 or 10 did

1993 Mazda MX6 LS-T~ Stock
                              1991 Honda CRX SI ~ Not stock
                              2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs ~ The tank
                              2009 Honda Ruckus ~ 49cc's of fury!

Comment

MM THE NEW GEN
                                93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

Working...
                                X