Which Cat to buy for my new cat back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Cat to buy for my new cat back?

I ordered a pacesetter about 2 weeks ago and its on its way (i hope soon) but I am going to get a new cat cuz i think mine is clogged. But heres my question... the pacesetter is 2.5 inch and stock i beleive is 2.25 inch diameter. So should I buy a 2.5 inch Cat and then have some mechanic install a peice going form 2.25 to 2.5? Do they sell cats from 2.25 on one end to 2.5 on the other? Also will a Catco from summit for $60 work fine or shouldi go for the random tech one for $150?
    93 MX-6 LS... Custom CAI, Pacesetter Catback, Pacesetter Headers, CATCO High Flow Cat, P&P Intake Manifold w/ Spacers, Coned Throttle Body, Front Strut Tower Bar, IAT mod, and two Mazdaspeed stickers. Soon to have FPR and UDP.

Random tech is probably just a wee bit better, but certainly not worth the extra 90 bucks...that's just damn ridiculous.
    The world is full of thieves. Honor, like chivalry, is dead.

Neither sheep nor shepherd.

Comment

get a test pipe
      Nathan
      1994 GT/KLZE/NOS (old car)
      1986 Corolla GTS(AE86) (new car)

Comment

I went with the Random Tech Cat because my original cat was damaged and I didn't have time to have flanges welded onto the Catco. Everyone is going to say either Catco or Test Pipe. I say you should go with the Catco that way you won't have to play the old "switcharoo" during inspection time. That's just me though
        18" Team Dynamics on Yokohama Paradas, Intrax->(Front)/GCs->(Rear) All on Illuminas, Power Slot Rotors, Freedom Design FSTB, PRD-RSTB & STS, Custom CAI, Brospeed Headers, Random Tech Cat, Greddy Cat Back.

Comment

Read my posts in the Tech Section under Random Tech
          '95 PGT

ACT II // Fidanza Flywheel // HS CAI // HS Headers // Magnaflow Cat-Back // KYBs // Ractive FSTB-RSTB // Random Tech Cat // Magnacor Wires // PRD STS & Products // MOMO Shifter // Alpine System // Catz MSX // 235/40/18s

Comment

On Wednesday July 18, 2001 1:34 PM, SlammedPGT wrote:
            I went with the Random Tech Cat because my original cat was damaged and I didn't have time to have flanges welded onto the Catco. Everyone is going to say either Catco or Test Pipe. I say you should go with the Catco that way you won't have to play the old "switcharoo" during inspection time. That's just me though
            well if you don't have emissions .bwahahahahahahaha :grin:

2006 Mustang GT Premium -FRP Headers - Bassani X Pipe - Borla Axle Back - 15% tint - Granatelli CAI - FRRP 4.10's - Pro 5.0 Shifter - Brenspeed tune - 6000k HIDs - Clear Corners
            2006 Yamaha R1 50th Aniv. Edition

Comment

Just gut it. Must cheaper and not that much louder.

Comment

What about the diameter difference? what size should i get
                93 MX-6 LS... Custom CAI, Pacesetter Catback, Pacesetter Headers, CATCO High Flow Cat, P&P Intake Manifold w/ Spacers, Coned Throttle Body, Front Strut Tower Bar, IAT mod, and two Mazdaspeed stickers. Soon to have FPR and UDP.

Comment

there is no difference, you won't need to get a special diameter converter or whatever you are thinking. it will bolt up just fine.
                  1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                  2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                  2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Working...
                  X