Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Probe Lounge

Probe Lounge Discussion about most everything Non Probe related goes here.

Old June 18th, 2017, 02:33 PM   #1
Hammerhead
Slow Learner

Identify This Bolt

Found this bolt when I dropped the splash shield from under front right engine.
Can't find where it may have come from.
Looks important tho.
'94 Probe GT
http://s972.photobucket.com/user/Fly...icvpw.jpg.html

Thanks

Last edited by Hammerhead; June 18th, 2017 at 02:58 PM.
Hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 04:32 PM   #2
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
Found this bolt when I dropped the splash shield from under front right engine.
Can't find where it may have come from.
Looks important tho.
'94 Probe GT
http://s972.photobucket.com/user/Fly...icvpw.jpg.html

Thanks
I can't tell the exact size from the photo -but if it is a M6x1.0 bolt with integral washer -that would be one of your splash shield bolts. I believe on the bottom front that goes through plastic splash shield to metal threaded hole in center member -if I remember correctly. I can't remember 100% -because my plastic shields are off at the moment. But it does look like some of the bottom side hardware.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 04:37 PM   #3
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

Intake manifold bolt? The threads look mashed so maybe it's been replaced. Another possibility is exhaust manifold bolt there should be 3 on the bottom 4 on the top, 3 are studs with a nut. You may have to feel around to confirm they're all in there. Is there any mysterious loss of power or idle fluctuations? Intake manifold should be 8 bolts and 4 nuts.

Last edited by BLUEnoEQ; June 18th, 2017 at 04:40 PM.
BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 08:30 PM   #4
mac1
Probe has-been

Doesn't look important at all

Not worthy enough to own a Probe anymore
mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 12:52 PM   #5
J_Unit
Donating User

Looks like the alternator bracket bolt. The car uses that style bolt in multiple places. But since the threads are chewed up like my alternator bracket bolt was, that's my guess.
J_Unit is offline   Reply With Quote