Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get some type of confirmation of the 2006 rotors and calipers?
    Rick_96PGT #62
    "I never apologize.
    I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I asked the question on a 6 forum and here is what i got for a response.
      Keep in mind i didn't mention that it was for a Probe, but the principal is the same.

Me:
      Hey,
      I was wondering you could you swap out the entire brake setup from an 2003-05 and install 06+ rotors, calipers & pads, would that be fine?
      His response:
      My answer would be a qualified "yes". I would imagine it would also require changing the caliper mounting brackets both front and rear, and assumes that the newer model ones would bolt up to the spindles correctly. You would also need to change the dust shields on all 4 wheels, brake hoses, master cylinder (larger brakes need a larger master cylinder, more fluid displacement....one of the things most commonly overlooked in "big brake kit" swaps) and possibly the power brake booster if the master cylinder doesn't bolt up directly to the earlier model booster.

These are all just guesses, and assume that nothing else major is different between the early and later models.

You might do some searching on the forums, I believe one of the sponsors was at one time offering a kit that was made up of brake components from the MazdaSpeed6, which has larger front brakes than even the later model Mazda6 and uses the same rear brakes as the 2006 and up if you're really serious about updating brakes on an earlier model.
      That being said, i would say yes. And the part about the brackets, if your buying the 06+ calipers, you'll need the brackets as well.
      KLZE, Hotshot Headers, Hotshot CAI, Pacesetter exhaust, 626 swar bar, AWR adjustable endlinks, Centreforce clutch, MX-3 Flywheel, JJ resonated TP, Eibach Springs, Shogun Rims, Mach 1 Chin and Mazda6 BBK (the Orignal)

Comment

Someone hit a junkyard!
        Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

Guys and gals,

I presently have 06-07 Mazda 6 front disc+calipers on my 93 PGT track car: Bolt-on perfectly onto the Probe hub. So:

Disc diameter:

03-05 Mazda 6 => 11.1" => Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
          06-07 Mazda 6 => 11.8" => Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
          06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 => 12.2" => Must have a 17" wheel minimum

Cheap and reliable upgrade from our original poor 10.2" disc diameter!
          Nothing worth a V6 purring...

Comment

Originally posted by MetalPGT View Post
            Guys and gals,

I presently have 06-07 Mazda 6 front disc+calipers on my 93 PGT track car: Bolt-on perfectly onto the Probe hub. So:

Disc diameter:

03-05 Mazda 6 => 11.1" => Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
            06-07 Mazda 6 => 11.8" => Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
            06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 => 12.2" => Must have a 17" wheel minimum

Cheap and reliable upgrade from our original poor 10.2" disc diameter!

How come you didn't share this information on CPMQ before??
            KLZE, Hotshot Headers, Hotshot CAI, Pacesetter exhaust, 626 swar bar, AWR adjustable endlinks, Centreforce clutch, MX-3 Flywheel, JJ resonated TP, Eibach Springs, Shogun Rims, Mach 1 Chin and Mazda6 BBK (the Orignal)

Comment

Salut!

I believed this info was already shared in the Probe community!!

Well at least people who did not knew now know...

By the way, you need the Mazda 6 caliper bracket as well.
              Nothing worth a V6 purring...

Comment

Tu l'as jamais mentionné sur le site du Club Probe Quebec..
                Pas grave

Comment

Cool!
                  Just bought 2006 front Left and Right Calipers for $130.00 shipped.
                  From a wrecked car. (their loss my gain).
                  Last edited by Rick_96PGT; May 23, 2008, 08:53 PM.
                  Rick_96PGT #62
                  "I never apologize.
                  - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

But this is still a single piston caliper?
                    Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

I don't care about that. I just want the larger rotors (calipers etc).
                      My car is for street use, not race or show.
                      Rick_96PGT #62
                      "I never apologize.
                      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

i'd prefer a double piston, but hell, if i can get the msp and mazda 6 brakes on my car i'll do it.
                        1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

There IS a mod for a dual piston setup I had saved on my old HD before I replaced it. I believe it was a complete direct swap from a Subaru. Same pads, rotors, just swap over dual piston calipers.
                          Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

this is good stuff. someone should place this in the thread that has the parts crossover information

Comment

it's just words if you cant have proof, man. i gotta see a photo or something!
                              1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

Does the Speed 6 use the same caliper as the base 6? I'd be a little surprised, but anyone know?
                                Blk 94 PGT, with not nearly enough stuff on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X