Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official DIYAutoTune.com MegaSquirt guide to the 2nd generation Probe GT

Hi everyone,

After a lot of research and some personal testing, I'm glad to announce that DIYAutoTune.com now has an official guide to how to MegaSquirt your '93-'97 Probe GT, as well as the V6 powered MX6 and 626. This covers all years, both KLDE and KLZE motors, and goes over both how to use the stock sensors and how to control VRIS, cooling fans, coil packs, and more.

The complete guide is available on our website here:

The MegaSquirt guide for '93-'97 Probe GT

If you'd like to order a MegaSquirt with the mods described in the article, we can offer those too. As the article notes, there's a couple different options you can use, so if you'd like to buy a complete system, please email us at websales@diyautotune.com for a complete quote.
    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
    My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

thats really nice!!! I will be installing my MSII v3.0 next week, you are right on time!
    Thanks

BTW any plans on making a relay board like you have for mustangs where one side plugs into ECU harness and the other side is DB connector for MS.
    Last edited by artsvetkov; June 10, 2009, 11:52 PM.
    93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
    Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
    1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Thank you for doing that! I know a bunch of KL powered MX-3 guys that want to go with MegaSquirt, but are intimidated, like I was at first. It would be great for both of us if you catered to them as well. You can PM me for more info. I know at least 5 guys that would get MSnS, if they felt like they could handle it (and/or had support through the "hard" parts).
      MX-3 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, Grnd wires, rear batt, AWR MMs, torq brace, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, NRG Susp./ Nyloil bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar/ solid endlinks, Azenis, leather int, Alpine stereo & alrm, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster3, CF hood, FG hatch/ Lexan,

Comment

I'm pretty sure this article will work for the V6 MX3s as well. I just need to do a bit of checking through the factory documentation to make sure nothing's changed.

Thanks for asking about an adapter board. I can't say if anything is in the pipeline right now, but we keep track of every request like that and use the data to guide future product development.
        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
        My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

I guess I will just stuff radio shuck project box with wires, relays and connectors on both sides then.
          Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.

Comment

Function Color MS1 connection MS2 V3.0 connection MS2 V3.57 connection
            Crankshaft position signal Green Pin 24 (IGN center wire) Pin 24 (IGN center wire) Pin 24 (IGN center wire)
            Crankshaft position return Blue Ground (IGN shield) Ground (IGN shield) Ground (IGN shield)
            Camshaft position sensor Blue / Pink Pin 25 Pin 3 DB15 pin 7
            Ignition module Blue / Orange Pin 36 Pin 36 Pin 36
            I got one of yours pre-made harnesses and I did the mods for second input, do I need to add a wire to pin 3 in the harness too.

Comment

You can either move the input to a different unused pin or add an extra wire to the harness, depending on how you've set up the MS.
              Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                I'm pretty sure this article will work for the V6 MX3s as well. I just need to do a bit of checking through the factory documentation to make sure nothing's changed.

Thanks for asking about an adapter board. I can't say if anything is in the pipeline right now, but we keep track of every request like that and use the data to guide future product development.

Were you able to confirm this? I'll be needing some tuning in a few weeks' time when I get the supercharger going on the 323 project and I'm using bumper to bumper mx3 wiring on the car with a KLDE OBD1 ECU.
                90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

It sounds interesting if it works for the MX3 !!
                  Mazda Mx3- Panther black, Kosei 18", custom hood, cleaned, new pakfeifer front, customized pakfeifer rear

KLZE highcompression, Pippercros Viper intake, kl31cams, MS1 v3, Aasco fly, CM st3 clutch, cai, ss headers, ground wirekit, srd bushings, msd window switches, nitrous

Comment

I've updated this to include MX-3 wiring colors. The mods are the same but the wiring is a little different.
                    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Hey Matt if i order a wideband gaugue today will i get it by Thursday? Says 2-3 days priority but how long does it take for u guys to process the order?
                      1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

This is great that DIY finally came out with a Megasquirt package for our cars.. They are great people.. I didnt even purchase my MS from them and they helped me for several weeks before i finally got everything right.. DIY's customer service is the best withouta doubt
                        1995 turbocharged pgt with countless mods.. check it out here
                        http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602
                        1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..
                        http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602/73905

Comment

Just gave the guide a bit of an update: I've added ignition settings and mods for the MS3X! Who wants to go sequential?
                          Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Working...
                          X