Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove the factory stereo in a 2nd Gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove the factory stereo in a 2nd Gen?

I can't find enuff information on removing the factory stereo from my 95 pgt..it's just the ford factory casset player..I can remove the center consoul and piece surounding the stereo and heater controls but need help on just removing the stereo..
    thanks
    Black 95 PGT ATX,Tan interior with leather seats,Dunlop SP Sports,Power Sunroof,Spoiler,Factory Alarm,Ractive/Home Depot CAI,IAT Mod,Pioneer CD head unit and speakers,Mobil-1 fluids,NGK V Powers & Plug Wires,Hayden 403,Bell 980 hard wired.Sleepy eye & Quad headlight mod.
    Black 94 base Probe RIP
    Have you been probed lately?

Well if its like my 94 there will be little holes on each side, you can buy a tool for this or you can stick small nails or a coat hanger etc. etc. in there and move them around just right and it will slide out

Comment

yeah, the easiest way is to bend a wire coat hanger so that it's ends will fit into the two holes on both sides. You will need two of these wire hanger setups. Just poke them in the holes and wiggle the deck out. It should slide out with ease.

Comment

The tool is called a "DIN tool" it is a "U" shapped tool that goes into the two holes on each end. You need two of them, and they snap right in and you pull out.
        2005 Audi S4 - Nogaro Blue - 6 speed - current
        2006 Mazdaspeed 6 - lease return
        2000 Audi S4, red 6 speed, STOLEN
        1994 Red Probe GT 5 speed - still got it

Comment

Working...
        X