Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Major Probe Meets > Other Major Gatherings

Other Major Gatherings The forum for meets that may only last once.......or become something HUGE!

Old May 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM   #1
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Location: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
The Official Pigeon Forge Meet Thread!!1!!111

I'm down, who's going

FYI: 3rd weekend of September.

Pigeon Forge is located in Tennessee, lots to do, like all the go-kart tracks, Gatlinburg and Townsend, and the Dragon!!11!!1!!! You can bet I'll be carving up the Dragon

Post up if you're coming and use this thread to discuss activities.

List of attendees:

j-dogg
my95gtprob
randyw
juicedgt
snakesmenace
tripsredgt
WhiteDart
UnorthodoxCreat
Tims95PGT
krazydpgt

maybe list?

purestdragon
lilpavel
polarexpress17
David Halbleib
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 505hp 1800ft.lb., the money maker

Last edited by j-dogg; June 9th, 2008 at 05:15 PM.
j-dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #2
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Pretty much all of the eastern TNPOCers will be there.
Me
my95gtprob
randyw
juicedgt
snakesmenace
tripsredgt
possibly tim95pgt
im sure we can also get slvrbomb and a handfull of others too.

I want to make a few excursions out there in the comming months to find a parking lot to hang out in and make a list of stuff that people might want to check out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gone but not forgotten:
(
) Its not purple dammit! Its
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
WhiteDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #3
my95gtprob
Thisweekisnotmybirthday

I'm so excited! Hopefully this will be the next thing to look forward to all year.

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"
my95gtprob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:51 PM   #4
krazydpgt

that is one meet ill attend no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is that near the rodruns?
krazydpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #5
UnorthodoxCreat
Not done yet...

I'm game. I know a number of other NEPO people are.
1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car
UnorthodoxCreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #6
Josh_Rose
Supercharged Member

i'll try to attent!!! whether i will have a probe or not then is a different story... i sure hope i can get one by then!!!

new ride - '91 Probe LX 3.0 5spd 139,000 miles white with blue interior. stock for now.
'00 civic CX - gone
Josh_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #7
mx64life
PT Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydpgt View Post
that is one meet ill attend no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is that near the rodruns?
Not quite. Shades of the Past is the first weekend then the Fall Grand (easily the biggest of the year) is the second weekend....

I just checked my school schedule...no can do but to Andy, Jim, Joe and the rest of TNPOC i'm coming up for the Shades....Yay!
91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -
mx64life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:25 AM   #8
my95gtprob
Thisweekisnotmybirthday

Let us know. If work allows I'll see you there.

Old May 15th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #9
lilpavel
SENSLES

I'm seriously considering this meet may bring my second pgt instead of the red one, that is a long drive and the cost of $4.00+ gas will suck...we'll see but I'm seriously considering attending this meet. Been to many Shades of the Past rod runs and that town and area are awesome!!! Good choice to make up for no more MM.

448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
MM8 - PRD BEST of Show
lilpavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 03:53 AM   #10
polarexpress17
bibliographically epic

i'd like to make it, and hopefully i will, but unfortunately its too soon to know for sure.

i've wanted to go to myrtle forever but stupid shit always came up that made me not be able to go
polarexpress17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #11
WhiteDart
POC Mod

I dunno how cold by it will be by then but there are quite a few campsites in the vicinity. Just a thought...

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #12
SnAkEsMeNaCe
PT Regular

Yay for Pigeon Forge, I hope everybody comes.
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:02 AM   #13
Steves 96 PSE
Bwam Bwam Bwaaaaaaaaaaah!

wtf is the Dragon?

YuengPong 6 & 7 Champion
Daily Driver:___

Hobby car:___
Steves 96 PSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:54 AM   #14
lilpavel
SENSLES

I think it's a somewhat famous road that goes through the mountains, I could be wrong...

448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
MM8 - PRD BEST of Show
lilpavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:55 AM   #15
David Halbleib
POC Mod

Thinking about going to this...

Da Dragon... http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

That is all for now.

Last edited by David Halbleib; May 21st, 2008 at 04:57 AM.
David Halbleib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:59 AM   #16
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Yep, Deals Gap, the Dragon, Tail of the Dragon etc. 318 curves in 11 miles. Anyone who decides to play on this road HAS to exercise caution. The majority of people on the road are on bikes and there is no small accident with them. Lane crossing is highly frowned upon. You would be surprised what can hide in the corners. Some may think they can see far enough ahead to take the "faster" way through corners and cross the centerline but I have seen for myself fullsize trucks hiding in a low part in a corner. If one can't stay in their own lane, don't even bother going there. Take this seriously. There are deaths on this road every year because of carelessness.

That being said, it is by far my favorite road to play on. Its very beautiful and scenic as you cruise among the trees and the views of the distant mountains are tough to beat. Its nothing short of amazing. Im there quite often and I actually did suspension work specifically for the Gap. My Addco rules here.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:37 AM   #17
my95gtprob
Thisweekisnotmybirthday

There will be a "ride the dragon" on our agenda for the PF meet, but its only a cruise. No one will be driving crazy or at any kind of quick speeds. The group will be cruising so if you want to adventure off and test your limits you do so at your own risk.

With that being said, I also love this road very, very much.

Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:00 AM   #18
Tim95pgt
Pr0n Photographer

Ah... the official PF Meet thread! As most know, I am in. Since there will be other states in attendance, let's get things rolling!

We need to assign a group of us TN guys to bring life and organization to this meet so we can get this off the ground. I will help get things rolling. I know that Andy and Jim will likely help, as they have almost single-handedly developed the Eastern TN group.

As far as the Dragon/Deal's Gap... it is simply amazing! I recently took a stroll down the Dragon in my MS6 and it left a permanent mark on me. Seeing the cliffs, hearing the bikes fly by in turns before even seeing them, and watching the S2000 CR drift through a few turns on the heels of a few sport bikes (have it on tape!!!!) made me realize how dangerous, yet safe the road is. It is what you make of it. There is the unspoken trust that your lane is YOUR lane...

... and... if you're slow, pull off and let the idiots pass!
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM   #19
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Location: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
I'm actually building up my suspension specifically for this meet.

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 505hp 1800ft.lb., the money maker
j-dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:21 PM   #20
mx64life
PT Master

Lol you'll need it! I'm with every other person that's ever been on the Dragon, it's definitely the greatest single strip of pavement I've ever had the privilege of driving on. With that said I completely agree with Jim (whitedart) when he says to utilize caution up there, I've seen to many friends adding parts to the Tree of Shame to ever underestimate the Gap.
91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -
mx64life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:34 AM   #21
SnAkEsMeNaCe
PT Regular

We do need to get things rolling.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:51 AM   #22
my95gtprob
Thisweekisnotmybirthday

We're working on it. We kinda have a committee set already. Basically we are just trying to get things ironed out. More spots and schedules will be posted around the first of July. I know thats a little off, but I have that entire week off and I can scope non stop and really get things set into place.

Thanks for the recognition Tim. That really means alot that people actually notice the hard work that we put into this group. East TN really is a wonderful place to be apart of. I honestly wouldn't trade this group for anything.

Old June 9th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #23
potterjc
Search Impaired

if i am around still i would love to go and meet some of the people that know alot more about the probe than i do and seeing how i dont live that far away
potterjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #24
maxxdamigz
Donating Member

Hmmmm........ Dragon.........
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #25
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterjc View Post
if i am around still i would love to go and meet some of the people that know alot more about the probe than i do and seeing how i dont live that far away
Wher 'bouts do you live?

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project