Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Major Probe Meets > Other Major Gatherings

Other Major Gatherings The forum for meets that may only last once.......or become something HUGE!

Old June 27th, 2008, 05:29 AM   #26
my95gtprob
Thisweekisnotmybirthday

Hopefully we will have more detail come Sunday. We are all getting together to get this thing set tomorrow. So don't give up on us this WILL happen.

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"
my95gtprob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #27
z28forlife
Donating User

I'm gonna try to make it for sure!

N20 is like a beautiful women with an STD: you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
z28forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #28
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Location: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
Ok biznatchlings have we got a gameplan yet? This shit is less than two months away we need to get something going
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 505hp 1800ft.lb., the money maker
j-dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #29
mx64life
PT Master

Yea...I wanna see If i can get a flight up there....Earlier booking=cheaper!
91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -
mx64life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #30
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx64life View Post
Yea...I wanna see If i can get a flight up there....Earlier booking=cheaper!
Are you going by yourself?

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
Old July 18th, 2008, 05:11 AM   #31
David Halbleib
POC Mod

I'll ask for the time off.

Last edited by David Halbleib; July 18th, 2008 at 05:15 AM.
David Halbleib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM   #32
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

We do need to get hotel accommodations and everything set up. There has been a lot of talk about this meet but nothing has been set in stone other than the Dragon. Those of us travelling great distances to get there need to agree on somewhere to stay.

If I dip out of the Midseas Mayhem meet, which is looking like that will most likely happen now, I'll be diverting a lot of time off to get the PGT ready for this meet.

This could be the sequel to Myrtle if we plan it well. For starters, I'm bringing very copious amounts of alcohol.

Last edited by j-dogg; July 29th, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM   #33
backseat_driver
Who stole my lunchbox?

I'd like to go, but it's a bit of a drive with current gas prices. Anybody coming through central Kentucky on their way and want to pick me up?
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:01 PM   #34
my95gtprob
Thisweekisnotmybirthday

The only problem we are having is that it looks like its going to be a feeler meet. Much like the first myrtle. We arent going to be able to set up hotel accommodations because we risk the possibility off only 2 or 3 people coming. Basically its only gonna be a bunch of us getting together and hanging out admiring each others cars. With some fun go carts, putt-putt, and drinking along the way. Not trying to disappoint, but the reality is this isn't going to be Myrtle. Not yet.

Old August 5th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #35
mx64life
PT Master

Well said Andy....Hopefully this meet will continue to grow year after year.....cuz we ain't stoppin!
Old August 16th, 2008, 06:30 PM   #36
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

One month away bitchez!!!! Who wants to loan me a couch hmmm?

Old August 16th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #37
TravisWilliams_GT
yes.....wait, what?

...........................The forge is strong with me.

----- Sold within NEPO and PT

----- STUPID FAST

----- Damn I miss her.
TravisWilliams_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #38
natecade1
Dedicated Member

I might be able to make this.
Has a near by campsite been posted?
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #39
WhiteDart
POC Mod

You could just about throw a stone in any direction and land in a campsite.

OK, maybe not but there are probably nearly a hundred of them up there.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
) Its not purple dammit! Its
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
WhiteDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #40
UnorthodoxCreat
Not done yet...

I'm interested as well but is there any real plan as to what is going on? I mean if I was to book a hotel or try and get a campsite I wouldnt have any clue what to try and be near so as to not miss any "action."
1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car
UnorthodoxCreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:09 AM   #41
David Halbleib
POC Mod

I probably wont be able to go this time around, I just have too much on my plate right now.

I do see the awesome potential that this meet has going for it though. Its close to many members and is a great location with alot to do. I would love to make it out there someday.
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:47 PM   #42
TravisWilliams_GT
yes.....wait, what?

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_loop.html

It is somewhat out of the way....... the wife probably wouldn't be into it either...

----- Sold within NEPO and PT

----- STUPID FAST

----- Damn I miss her.

Last edited by TravisWilliams_GT; August 21st, 2008 at 08:54 PM.
TravisWilliams_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:10 PM   #43
mx64life
PT Master

But it's awesome^..... The dragon is a great experience for any driver.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 07:57 AM   #44
WhiteDart
POC Mod

The dragon is going to be a definite group drive. Trust me on this one, it is WELL WORTH IT!!!!

<--- Lost count of the number of trips to the Gap.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
) Its not purple dammit! Its
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
WhiteDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 08:06 AM   #45
natecade1
Dedicated Member

Well I think I'll pass on this one this one this year. sorry, but I just have too many cars that need painting
Old August 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM   #46
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

I may not make it there, my car of course, as expected before a large meet, has ceased to function and it would be faster for me to ride a bicycle to Tennessee than it would be to attempt to drive this car.

Old August 29th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #47
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Car is still running like shit I'm taking a few days off before the meet to sort everything out and replace a ton of stuff. Pass. LCA, PS pump, Eibach kit and a few other things.

Old August 29th, 2008, 05:59 AM   #48
my95gtprob
Thisweekisnotmybirthday

Just keep in mind that this is a feeler meet. We will be up there hanging out and getting together for a few different events. However YOU WILL have to get a place to stay, and keep everyone posted on what you may or may not want to do. This will hopefully be a big event next year once we get everything together such as hotel accommodations, event schedules, and a place for the car show. Plus we will have to coincide with hopefully a return of MM. Not that there will be but I know a few of us keep our fingers crossed. I just don't want alot of people getting their hopes up and get let down. We will hold this meet for many years as a POC, if it gets huge well..........thats up to everyone else.

Old August 29th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #49
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

I have secured a place for me to sleep. It's a bit away from y'all, near Knoxville, but it's free.

Old August 29th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #50
my95gtprob
Thisweekisnotmybirthday

We actually live in Knoxville. Where about are you staying?