No announcement yet.

Millennia-S Forged 4340 connecting rods for 2nd Gen. Probe GT's & Mazda MX-6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millennia-S Forged 4340 connecting rods for 2nd Gen. Probe GT's & Mazda MX-6's

Approved by Racy-Stacey

This is a formal bulk buy for a complete set of aftermarket manufactured high performance connecting rods for the KL engine series of 2nd. generation Ford Probe GT's & Mazda MX-6's. This bulk buy will be running for one months time.

Description:
    A few years ago I spent roughly four months tracking down a set of Millennia-S connecting rods and eventually found a junkyard Mazda Millennia-S engine to scavenge rods from. However, it was too late and money and time constraints forced me to perform a stock engine rebuild. This brought me to discuss the idea of having H-beam style rods made with the Millennia-S rod’s physical dimensions. To condense the rest of the story: over several months time with the help of a few fellow Probe owners, a generous company and a ton of luck we now have these rods available to us. They are as follows:
    • H-Beam style rods; pretty much the industry standard for cost effective high performance applications
    • Machined from 4340 chromoly steel forgings
    • Piston pin bushing left undersized for hand pin fitting
    • Finish ground on Sunnen cross-grinders
    • Millenia-S size piston pin bore
    • Millenia-S/KL size crankshaft end bore
    • Millenia-S center to center length
    • Bolts are ARP 8740 series with 12 point heads and have been increased from 8mm diameter to 7/16” diameter (~11mm) to increase the strength of the bolt. The Standard English size also reduced cost of the bolts significantly.

These connecting rods were used by a manufacturing job shop to fill a slot of unscheduled down time; due to this situation we got them at a fantastic price compared to how much it would normally cost to run such a small batch of custom parts. The company has since gone out of business and as of my last talk with them had no other companies with the required equiptment to recommend. So in lesser words these 12 sets are probably all we will ever see. It should still be enough for the few of us planning to make +400hp though!

This link will take you to a webpage showing pictures of a stock KL03 rod, stock Millennia-S rod, and the aftermarket H-Beam Millennia-S rod.
    http://www.geocities.com/superbillybob/rods/index.html

Bulk Buy cost per item:
    Six rods and twelve bolts come to $397+$20 shipping (+ fees if you use PayPal)

I have extremely limited time to arrange shipping quotes therefore I think it would be best to have a flat $20 shipping fee and whatever the difference in shipping cost is at the end of the BB will be donated to Probetalk. I will gladly keep a running tally of the difference posted. Pricing is only for items shipped inside the continental US.

Payment Options:
    Money orders or cashiers checks accepted and preferred.

PayPal rules have been changed
    PayPal can now be accepted under the following circumstances:
    • Buyers using eCheck will add the $5.00 PayPal service fee to their total
    • Buyers using all other PayPal payment methods will add the 3%+$0.30 PayPal service fee to their total

Pricing will be addressed on an individual basis once you let me know specifically which payment method you prefer. Total amounts are as follows:

Paid with money order/cashiers check:
    $397+$20=$417

Paid with PayPal eCheck:
    $397+$5+$20=$422

Paid with all other PayPal methods:
    $397+$20=$417+(3%+$0.30)=$429.81

Shipping Instructions:
    Upon payment and receipt of a shipping address the items will be dropped off at a UPS center on a weekly basis. Tracking numbers will then be provided to the buyers.

Bulk Buy Item Quantity Available:
    12 complete sets will be available.

1. fats - payment received. - package sent.
    2. stealthmode - payment received. - package sent.
    3. harvey93gt - payment received. - package sent.
    4. janz99 - payment received. - package sent.
    5. mardarati - payment received. - package sent.
    6. jmmdm2 - payment received. - package sent.
    7. SUPERMX3 - payment received. - package sent.
    8. Mud Flight - payment received. - package sent.
    9. dali - payment received. - package sent.
    10. ausloki - payment received. - package sent.
    11. 95PGTTech - payment scheduled. - package sent.
    12. mac1 - payment received. - package sent.

>>> Please feel free to post questions/thoughts!
    Last edited by rurockn; November 25, 2006, 03:59 PM.
    1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
    1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
    2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
    2003 Escape, slow.

Im definatlly in on a set.

I can do an instant transfer right now, or you can wait for the money to get to my account in 3 buisness days.

Either way, I prefer paypal.

Let me know, and I will make the transfer tonight if you want.

Edit - Got any pics of actual sets? These are ready to ship correct?
    Last edited by stealthmode; November 5, 2006, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I will need a pay-pal # this will come straight out of checking acct
      93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

So then what kind of gains would one expect for these going na or boost?
        Current: Green Envy Fiesta ST e85 Tuned
        Project: Olive Green SAAB 9-3 HOT 19T Biopower
        Sold: BCM MS6, MSP,
        Sold:3L Full Oval Port Swapped 99 Cougar
        Hookers and Blow, LET'S GO.

Comment

Originally posted by probingzon
          simply by changing rods, you won't gain anything. what you will gain, is capability of handling additional stressors.
          Last edited by 95PGTTech; November 5, 2006, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by probingzon
            Gains will be directly proportional to the amount of added boost.

I dont think these would suit any NA applications. These rods arent going to give you any "gains" but they will allow you get get more gain from other components of your engine, like more boost + more fuel.

Without some kind of forced induction i dont see a reason to put these rods on a mx6.

Edit - /\ good timing. Also good Q's
            Last edited by stealthmode; November 5, 2006, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 95PGTTech

what is an estimate at which the manufacturer will warranty these rods against defect, whp wise, or (n/a applications) rpm?

Probably nothing since the original post states the manufacturer is out of business. This couldn't have come at a worse time
              MX3--KLZE: .50/.63 57 trim turbo

My Cardomain site

Comment

Originally posted by stealthmode
                Gains will be directly proportional to the amount of added boost.

I dont think these would suit any NA applications. These rods arent going to give you any "gains" but they will allow you get get more gain from other components of your engine, like more boost + more fuel.

Without some kind of forced induction i dont see a reason to put these rods on a mx6.

Edit - /\ good timing. Also good Q's
                a n/a car would have great benefits - if you want to make n/a power, it's no secret that added rpm's will do that. valvetrain is the first concern, but you also have to spin that bottom end around at 10,000 rpm+. n/a rev-builds put incredible stresses on the bottom end.

you don't think jerry sica's 13,000 rpm + (or whatever rediculous number it was) runs a stock bottom end, do you?

I'm down for one set, possibly two. PM me a paypal address.
                Last edited by 95PGTTech; November 5, 2006, 10:32 PM.

Comment

i will be watching this and will be in for a set upon my next paycheck.
                  1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                  1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                  2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                  2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                  1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

put me in for a set! Can i use these with ross pistons or do i have to go with wiesco? I cant remember from ur old thread but are these floating wrist pins?
                    Last edited by josh751; November 6, 2006, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I will PM everyone that is intersted or asked for a PM tonight. I am currently re-reading all of PayPal's rules just to make sure I understand which transactions are billed in what way and I don't screw myself! I only have a personal/non-merchant account and I don't have any reason to upgrade, that is what is making this confusing at the moment.

Also, these rods are bushed for floating pins. You can use any piston manufacturer you like as long as the piston was designed for a Millennia rod length.
                      Someone should work on a BB for pistons
                      1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
                      2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

Originally posted by 95PGTTech
                        a n/a car would have great benefits - if you want to make n/a power, it's no secret that added rpm's will do that. valvetrain is the first concern, but you also have to spin that bottom end around at 10,000 rpm+. n/a rev-builds put incredible stresses on the bottom end.

you don't think jerry sica's 13,000 rpm + (or whatever rediculous number it was) runs a stock bottom end, do you?

I'm down for one set, possibly two. PM me a paypal address.

So would these handle high rpm range? If so how high u think? Also would these handle 100shot N20 wet?
                        Never make someone a Priority, When there only an option, Yesterday is old news...Move on.

myspace.com/maverick06xx

Comment

i'm interested. is there a time frame you are looking at closing this bb or i think you know what I'm talking about. lol could you pm me your paypal info also.

andrew
                          Known as "Slim" to some
                          U.S. Army -> flying in Iraq in OIF 07-09

Comment

I'm game for a set if you can wait til' my next paycheck.

Jiga
                            Everyone leads their own life and this is largely due to our actions and not the actions of others. We have to go out there and make things happen!

“I cannot change yesterday. I can only make the most of today, and look with hope toward tomorrow.”

Comment

I finally called PayPal, much much quicker than reading all of their fine print!

The original post has been updated, please re-read the post and pay close attention to the changes made after the line "Bulk Buy cost per item"

I will not be making a trip to UPS until Saturday; so as long as anyone interested makes their payment before Friday night I will have time to get their package ready. Thx~
                              2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

Working...
                              X