Millennia-S Forged 4340 connecting rods for 2nd Gen. Probe GT's & Mazda MX-6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rurockn
    Just made it through the PM's I received today, now to the posts.

Unfortunately all of the information I had from testing was in the older thread, I'll bring one to work tomorrow and see what I get. As far as overall dimensions I was able to get the following information from corporate Mazda after much much much effort. I will also spot check some of the dimensions at work tomorrow.

Crankshaft Bearing Bore Diameter 2.2047-2.2053in
    Wrist Pin End Diameter 0.8255-0.8258in
    Length (Center to Center) 5.426-5.429 in
    Out of Round Limit 0.002in
    Taper Limit 0.002in
    Width of Crankshaft End 0.8360-0.8340in

Hardness is in the 36C range, I am not sure of the tolerance off the top of my head.

Rod bolt torque was suggested at 55-60lbs since they are ARP bolts (non torque-to-yield like the stock bolts.) The torque sounds extremely high compared to the 17.5lbs+90°+7°+90°+7° of the stock rods, but keep in mind these are 8740 material and 7/16" diameter... very stout.

* Edit, please read above and below.

Some of the H-Beam rod dimensions are intentionally skewed one direction or the other to allow for hand fitting wrist pins, allowing for engine wear (assuming no one will be installing these on a brand new crankshaft) etcetera.
    ok from everything that I checked the only thing that was off was the rod thickness.

I got .8385-.8390 they were all right there though. if it turns out to be a problem grinding .0015 a side shouldn't be a big deal.

oh and they tested from 42-45c for hardness.
    03 frontier family car/dd
    93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
    01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
    02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

Good to hear!! Ill check mine when they arrive and post the results!!

Ryan

Comment

Wow, I have been pulling my hair out for the last hour trying to figure out how your rods were out of spec and was checking all of the rods I have left here... then I finally pulled out one of the stock Millennia-S rods, measured it, and it was the same as the H-Beams. So I looked at what I had posted for width and I typed it wrong; they are supposed to be from 0.8360-0.8400" wide. haha!

Also, I have updated the first post with the rods I shipped today.

I need three of the remaining people to contact me with their phone number for the customs documentation since it is an international shipment, I plan to ship these plus fats rods monday or tuesday:
        • Mud Flight
        • dali
        • ausloki
        1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
        1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
        2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
        2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

Any word on the outstanding one person with reserved/not payed yet or with the remaining four sets? This cash is burning a hole in my paypal.

Let me know, I'm sitting on a set of Millenia S rods as backups.

Comment

They said they will be mailing the payment on Monday. However as I said I am pretty sure we will be getting 4 more sets of rods. I am supposed to hear from someone at the old company on Tuesday and we will talk about pricing. I will update the thread as soon as I hear from them.

If I get four more sets are there four people intersted? Remember, this is only a 30 day BB. I would hate to get the extra sets and only sell be able to sell one set.
            1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
            2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

if you were to pay for them for yourself, I'm sure you could turn those other three around in a couple months one at a time on the For Sale forum for a pretty profit. I wouldn't hate you for it either, it would be justified payment for all your effort with this.

Comment

Originally posted by rurockn
                They said they will be mailing the payment on Monday. However as I said I am pretty sure we will be getting 4 more sets of rods. I am supposed to hear from someone at the old company on Tuesday and we will talk about pricing. I will update the thread as soon as I hear from them.

If I get four more sets are there four people intersted? Remember, this is only a 30 day BB. I would hate to get the extra sets and only sell be able to sell one set.
                Me i want a set money ready now!

Comment

Like I said I'm 100% in on a set, so that makes 3 that would be spoken for right?
                  SoDak Probes President, Founding member of Team Legion Of Boom
                  My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

The latest update is this: they want $4 more per rod for the last four sets. So that works out to $24 more per set; not a real big difference. I left a message asking when I could get them by, with the holiday tomorrow I'm not sure when I will hear back but it will post as soon as I do. Once they guarantee the price and quantity then I'll reserve the sets for people.

Also, it took me a little longer to get all of the information together but I just about have the last 6 packages ready to ship. Because of the multiple international orders it was a little time consuming. I'll try to drop them off tomorrow since I am not working, if they are closed or extremely busy then I will try again Friday after work, if that isn't good then I will go Saturday morning at the latest. I will update as soon as the packages go out.
                    2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

Got my rods today!!!! Awesome!!!!

Thanks to rurockn for a great bulk buy!

Great effort to get this product out to the community... PM your fax number to me please, I gotta have that spec sheet you wanted faxed to you. I'd ask you in a PM but I'm too lazy.
                      DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
                      Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
                      BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

All of the remaining rods will go out tomorrow, the line was a pretty crazy today being that its the day after Thanksgiving.
                        2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

WOW!!!
                          Great job Shawn!
                          A HUGE THANKS
                          "Its not over til FATS says its over"

Now playing with a Toyota 22ret 4X4 Pickup
                          super 60-1 @ 25psi

Comment

Xmas at last

Got my rods today.... F&*^&^ awsome

Comment

Awesome picture, thanks for posting it!

Is anyone else interested in the extra 4 sets of rods the company has? I only have a short time left to access them so please let me know.
                              2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

shawn, if I were you I would buy them up and then re-sell them on the PT for sale at a later date for a profit.

no one would fault you, and I am sure people are going to be wanting these in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X