This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant flip a probe!

My passenger side tire blew out while I was driving about 85 mph. It scared the shit outta me at first. The car pulled to the right. I braked and the rattling flat wheel stopped spinning. With the partial steering control I pulled to the right and got on the shoulder. Even at 85 mph the car was not in serious peril, but It is scary. NEVER BUY goodyear club tires, I bought all of them new and had to replace them within a year, (two were blowouts)
    2.0 5 speed->1994 Ford Probe SE Tunerd
    I still DRIVE THAT MUTHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by c-man

-If its for an adrenaline rush in running from the cops...then you still have some growing up to do.

Plus you could still do that at the track if you really want ................And as far as Probes don't flip, yes they do!! Someone from MaPOC did it a couple years ago; thankfully he's still part of MaPOC and not just another statistic. It's that kind of attitude that WILL get you or someone around you hurt/killed.
      PGT with a turbocharged KLZE @ 10 psi.....sent back to the hell from which it came....
      '87 Chrysler Conquest TSi - bunch of mods=cheap, fast car
      FOR SALE: '90 300ZX 2+2.....lightly modded, sweet car! PM me for details if interested.

"Proof, yet again, that aaacidrap is one crazy-ass mofo!" - Hotwhlz

Comment

to clear a few things up.....

Originally posted by Mugen Power's Dad
        Hi, just to introduce myself, I am Bert's Dad.( Mugan Power)

I would first like to say thank you everyone's sincere prayers, thoughts and support.

I would like to clear something up since rumor's have apparantly has got out of control.

First of all, Bert's was not street racing, I know it sounds like a glorious way to go, but it is not. I say this not from what I would like to believe but from a witness who observe the whole accident and even helped to pull Bert out of the wreck. He has stated that Bert's car was northbound in the right lane of a 4 way highway to our house. One that Bert has drove home numerous of times. He observed that his car had suddenly pulled to the left and was immediatley out of control. There was not one car in front or behind him. It was a solo accident with no cars in the vicinity. He found it strange on how the car became out of control. I know that he may have been exceeding the 55 mph speed limit, but cannot explain why the sudden pull to the left and then the wheels locking up into a sideways slide back to the right and into a pole. I am not sure but am suspect maybe a maybe a mechanical problem, as the front left wheel roter was broke in half and sticking out. the pole hit the drivers door, not the wheel. the tow truck driver said he never seen a rotor broken in that way. So we will try and check to see what had happen. btw, the witness was a Naval Police Officer. I am just trying to find out what happen.

We miss Bert like no one could understand unless you have loss a son of your own. Again Thanks for the nice comments.

BTW, I do not condone street racing. It is dangerous to everyone. But to the one's who are glad for the death, I say you are some sad individuals. You should know what you are talking about before throwing words around so recklessly. But I guess words don't kill, they just hurt for a long time.

I don't feel that Bert at 17, deserved to die even if he slammed on the brakes, Isn't that what ABS is for?

Again Thanks for the thoughts and prayers,

Bert, Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by 93Shogun
          to clear a few things up.....
          Thanks. I saw the 14 pages and skipped it.

This is very sad.
          2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
          2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

hes in a better place.
            97 Probe GT MTX

Comment

Sad story

It's wierd cause i am actually watching 6 feet under while i am reading up on this. I have read everything about it and I feel a great deal of sorrow for the father, to have people try to downplay his sons death is horrible. This of all story's has just reminded me of how easy it is to be another sad story. its sad man. i had a friend that i went to school with pass away about a year and 1/2 ago and i still feel wierd about it. he wasnt wearing his seatbelt and he was doin 100 on 95 in a truck. im only 21 years old but lately i have been feeling really sensitive to life in general. I am starting to wonder what my purpose is. one thing for sure is that i will find out or die trying. the only thing i can really say about it is that the only constant in this world is change. nothing will be the same besides the sun rising in the morning. you never know what the next day will bring so live life to its potential, i just hope i can take my own advise. i am defenitly gonna re-think street racing when my probe is back on the road. i shouldnt anyway, i have a reckless driving charge on my record and my insurance is high enough. be safe guys.
              4g63..........I have 2 cams now.

Comment

ive been reading alot of this on the net, and on TV.

Just recently, 4 teenage boys were trying to overtake a Firebird, it what looks like a racing incident.

It was raining (like it ALWAYS does here)

and they lost control, started sliding into oncomnig traffic. was struck in the side, and the Mustang Split in 2.

all 4 of them were ejected from the car upto 30 METERS (95 feet aprox.) and 3 of them are now dead. one of them is in critical Condition.

Such a tragic loss.

The school that these students went to was a rival school to my old school

here is the article:
                A fiery car crash in Surrey Tuesday night has claimed the lives of four young men.

A Mustang speeding along 168th Street lost control and crashed head-on into a Pontiac Firebird.

The force of the collision tore the Mustang in half, throwing all four occupants out of the vehicle. The Firebird burst into flames and the driver, 24-year-old Bryce Nordquist, was killed.

Three of the four youths in the Mustang were thrown from the car and died from their injuries. Craig Bailey and Owen Snashell, 17, and Brandon Gallo, 16, died.

The lone survivor, 16-year-old Scott Keeley, is at B.C. Children's Hospital in critical condition.

That stretch of 168th, known locally as "the flats," is notorious for speeding.

It's not yet known whether the occupants of the Mustang were wearing seat belts, but three of them were ejected from the car in the crash and thrown as far as 30 metres away.

RCMP say the Mustang was trying to pass another car when it hit the Firebird.

Some of the victims went to school at Lord Tweedsmuir secondary school in Surrey.

RCMP officers and counsellors are on hand there Wednesday to help students and staff deal with the tragedy.

Read the article
                Here

'05 Toyota Echo - Stock....at the moment
                '94 Ford Probe GT - HS CAI & Headers, Fidanza 9Lb, Borla Cat-Back,STS,
                '90 Ford Mustang - Broken head mod

Comment

You the Racer, Me the EMT

(My turn on the soapbox)

Can't tell you how it sucks when you have to answer a call and find out its because someone was street racing.

Unfortunately. most of these calls have more than one patient. Either a driver lost control and hit someone, or someone is coming through an intersection, sees two rockets heading towards them and freezes. However it happens, it sucks.

As an EMT, we're trained not to pass judgement; we just treat the injuries we have. But sometimes we need to make a priority call: three patients, two EMTs. Does the street racer get preference, or the woman and her three year old daughter who were going through an intersection? Shouldn't happen, but it can.

It actually pisses me off, since I'm a volunteer. Getting woken up in the middle of the night because someone did something they shouldn't doesn't make my day. Especially when I have to set up for a medevac to get the person to the trauma center, and then grab a few minutes of sleep before I go to work.

Don't get me wrong, I want to help people who are in trouble. But I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who are irresponsible with a ton of steel in their hands.

Just be careful, and think about the possible outcome of your actions. Accidents happen.

Sorrry for ranting.
                  1997 Base Probe with MTX. Rattling Window Mod, Cupholder Mod,
                  Squeaking Clutch Mod, More to come with time...

Comment

Thank you, very much. May we all learn from others
                    Proud father of a healthy 10 month old son.

Comment

well this is what i say to this the track around here has funday saturdays, import day on sundays and that is about 5 times all summer long and not many people go because it costs $$$$ that is the problem the street will all ways be free!!! that is why so till we learn than well.........
                      Trick Love The Kids!!
                      Hey i know i can't type!
                      When Reading Just think Stupid, Then Read Agian!

Comment

I am one of those people who drive way to fast on a regular basis, but i recently had an incident while passing a guy while doing 105. As i wen taround the guy he merged into my lane and forced me off the road and i began to slide sideways. I wasn't really scared for myself but i had a friend in the car with me and i got to thinking how stupid it is to be driving that fast all the time. i have been trying to drive normal lately but i catch myself accelrating around people pretty hard sometimes, i hate tarffic and slow drivers and tend to get annoyed, then i take it out by speeding. I guess i'm just lucky that i haven't had an accident yet. i think i am going to try to keep it on the track from now on.
                        1993 ford probe GT KLZE with some other stuff......SOLD 9/16/2003

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProbeGTSR
                          Ok people I say you MUST, yes MUST read this thread on Clubrsx.com It touched me soo deeply and I think it'll touch you too.

I will admit I had tears after readin these posts, they really make you look inside your self about street racing.

For here on now, i will NEVER race on the street again. It's stayin strictly on a track.

Thread:
                          http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=69260

Donation Thread for family if anyone feels compelled enough to give:
                          http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=69337
                          tried to go look at it, but the article it linked too didnt work....err..
                          05' AM General 1151 Up-Armored HMMWV "Humvee" TurboDiesel V8, 190chp - 400ctq on JP8
                          99' Honda VTR1000F 996 Superhawk
                          94' Ford Ranger 4.0L XLT
                          96' Boysenberry Probe GT - ZE Swap

Comment

just race on zero traffic 4 lane wide smooth blacktop roades
                            well i used to have a probe....
                            so can i still talk to you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy94se
                              just race on zero traffic 4 lane wide smooth blacktop roades

yeah to bad that's almost impossible to find and still not safe..
                              Original Ricepoc member
                              93 Black GT,mildly modified..----------------- SOLD
                              1991 Kawasaki ZX7R....all the speed i need!!!

Comment

it's really impossible to race anywhere "SAFELY" your best bet is the track but as we all know accidents can happen there too. Just be sure whenever/wherever/whatever your race be careful, use common sense and be as safe about it as you can, showing up some "thug" in a honda isn't worth your life.

Comment

Working...
                                X