Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance Discussion of Performance topics for V6 2.5L

Old April 18th, 2017, 01:51 PM   #1
Jayblack94gt
Slow Learner

WHERE ARE THE J-SPEC AND CHIPPED ECUs???

Hey Guys,

I just got a straight neck KLZE but I didn't realize how hard it would be to find a KL31 or KL36 ECU. I'm also having a hard time finding a chipped ECU (Probinator, Xtremethings ect). I was told to try the MAF swap, but I would prefer not to. I have an OBD1 car and don't want the CEL light.
Are any of these ECUs still available for purchase??? If not, what other options do I have in terms of making my KLZE perform correctly??
Jayblack94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:21 PM   #2
Brizzy
Turbo Member

They are everywhere..... 10 years ago.

M62 In Progress...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brizzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:24 PM   #3
ZE-Infused
PT Regular

yeah good luck finding them much anymore. Like you mentioned most go maf swap to get more out of the engine. Which is why I pick up the maf swap
07 MS6
ZE-Infused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 03:54 AM   #4
stoker100
Donating Member

i used to make them but gave away all my prom burning equipment, ill see if i can find one for you.

Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nitrous oxide. - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc.
stoker100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #5
poissonn
PT Regular

I think I still have a probinator chip laying around. You can have it if you want, but you'll have to remove and replace the one in your current ECU yourself or with the help of someone!
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:45 PM   #6
BLUEnoEQ

The ATX ecu whichever that one is (KL36?) will give you a CEL anyway. The MAF swap is the way to go. Make it plug and play and you can swap back and forth in minutes if you have to. It's nice to be able to check OBDII codes with a bluetooth scanner, monitor things, adjust others.

BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:51 PM   #7
reuben_johnston
Donating Member

If someone can send me the binary and the flash part number, I have prom burning equipment at work. But, you'll be on your own with the soldering, which will be a good learning experience for you.
REub
Old April 22nd, 2017, 02:18 PM   #8
mazda-head
PT Regular

I have a KL31 chipped KL01 ecu hanging around. Works perfect on 93-94 with the two coolant sensors.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 09:59 PM   #9
J_Unit
Donating User

I can't vouch for these guys or anything but they advertise a lot of cool KL stuff. http://www.xtremethings.com/Products.htm Looks like they sell some ECU stuff. I see you mentioned them above, not sure if they are sold out or what.
J_Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2017, 04:28 PM   #10
proboner

As has been said... MAF swap

Elo-

The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Project RWD- RWD PGT For Sale... pm me if interested
proboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:06 AM   #11
Jayblack94gt
Slow Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by proboner View Post
As has been said... MAF swap

^^^ Yep, did a bunch of research and I'm convinced the MAF swap is the way to go. Talking to Pile Of Rd 1 now!
Jayblack94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #12
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

With PnP Megasquirts available, it's hard to recommend anything else. Have you looked into that at all?

|
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Probesport is offline   Reply With Quote