Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Discussion of Maint Issues for V6

Old April 20th, 2017, 01:02 PM   #1
2.5gt

Car phone

Is there any company that still registers car phones my probe came with a car phone although it's a novelty at this point would be cool to have it registered
2.5gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:25 PM   #2
BLUEnoEQ

Probably not. I believe the old car phones were analog signal. With digital they can pack more phone calls into a smaller range of frequencies. For some possible ideas or just entertainment, you can look on Instructables DIY or Hack-a-Day for creative things people do with old phones. Like installing a cell phone inside an old push button house phone so that it works on the go. It's doubtful there is anything for old car cell phones though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 05:29 AM   #3
2.5gt

Ok thanks I just wanted to be a cool novelty
2.5gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2017, 09:47 PM   #4
J_Unit
Donating User

Hook up a bluetooth CD player deck of some sort and put the mic inside of the handset so when you place a phone call on your cell you can switch to bluetooth and use the super dope car phone. Also, lets see some PICS!
J_Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2017, 10:32 PM   #5
BLUEnoEQ

Ha ha nice! I like it.

Old April 24th, 2017, 04:34 AM   #6
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Wouldn't it be a head-turner if it was one of those phones that earned them the name "Brick" phone? I don't remember which movie it was -but someone whipped one out and it was the size of a small shoe box. And if memory serves me correctly -he had to pull up the telescoping antenna.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/666484/original.jpg

-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; April 24th, 2017 at 04:44 AM.
KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2017, 04:11 PM   #7
BLUEnoEQ

There's probably specific builds out there for the most memorable phones.