Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify your stock amp

My car did not come with interior.

1. Remover rear passanger interior piece.
    2. Look in hole. The tiny square with lines next to the speaker is the corner of the amp.

3. Remove speaker if amp is to be removed.

4. Couple of 10 mm bolts. And you have birthed a amp.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Some people are living life and some people are just living.

And you may find one of these. Which caused my problems. A factory amp bypass cable.

Comment

thats causing problems because whoever installed it messed it up. you put the bass blockers on at the speakers not on that harness.....i hate how people screw up the most siimple things. also the factory amp with aftermarket radio sounds like poo poo. you re supposed to bypass the amp with aftermarket headunits.
      94 PGT
      [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Yea see all the butt connectors. Some one trashed it. I took out that harness and now I get engine interference through the spakers. The only thing still stock on the radio now is the ground, I'm about to mess with that in a bit.

Comment

hmmm you shouldnt get any ground loop noises thru that stuff. have you tried with another radio? some do that kinda stuff after awhile. also if that harness is that bad why not just connect them in the car and solder and heat tube them so you know theyre not all ghettod up. also it could be the factory amp if you connected that.
          Last edited by xrp861; October 10, 2013, 01:50 PM.
          94 PGT
          [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

No way was that thing going back in. I thought about going through it though but it looks worse in person. I was going to hook it up battery direct and see what that did. I did try that old aiwa but that thing is ready for the dump too. You just touch it and it turns off.

Comment

lmfao damn time to upgrade my dude. they got nice pioneers for 60 at gibralter with an aux and usb on it. i was expecting the same thing from my whip when i pulled my deck out months ago seeing mickey shoors put it in but all is well oddly enuff. idk tho if mine was that far gone id have to just run new wire everywhere directly from the radio. the doors is the trick part of that lol.
              94 PGT

Comment

The aiwa had the same static when it was running though too. I got wires to check.

Comment

indeed you do being its easy to see the amp wires id start behind the dash. something aint right thats for sure! did you hook the amp back up tho? cause its possibly bad...id offer mine but well dont own a race probe no more..and idk if the mx-3 has one or if its the same.
                  94 PGT

Comment

No I didn't hook it back up. I didn't even try it.

Comment

yea there may be a good chance that you need to clean your grounds under the hood.
                      94 PGT

Comment

I saw a nice Sony 52w per chan w/Bluetooth and usb for $130. I was thinking of upgrading just for the bluetooth. I buy my music on my phone, excellent sound quality and I save on clutter. Running new wire for each speaker is easy enough. Solder all the connections for the best results and longevity. Google is your friend there are videos on how to solder properly and at least one video on how to run wire through the molex in the doors. Use heatshrink and electrical tape, think water and vibration proof.
                        Probe out for Harambe
                        94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

My rear speakers are already ran, those are the only ones I use. I don't think I paln on using the fronts. Maybe when I get new doors. Passanger side the regulator is bad. And the drivers someone backed in to last winter. I didn't pull this apart because I had radio problems, it kept blowing the room fuse and it turned the check engine light on. And now I have radio problems....hahaha

Comment

if you have a smart phone all you need is a decent 2 channel amp and just use the @ male rca to headphone jack adapter on the amp and rock the 6x9s also lol.
                            94 PGT

Comment

Could also rock some headphones, haul trash with your car and trade it for a neon, civic or monte carlo.
                              Probe out for Harambe
                              94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

Working...
                              X