This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies, READ THIS FIRST!

It seems like lately we have been getting alot of new people here and not much info on them so with this thread I am hoping to have a central place for the newbs to look and know what to do.

Misconceptions of joining
    Your car does not need to be flawless or fast or all dressed up. You just need the car. If you are here that means that you are interested in your ride and probably looking for ways to improve it. It may not be great right now and everyone here has been there at some point. I joined while my car bone stock and everyone will accept that and is ok with it. We just want more people to participate and meet up. Thats what it is all about. Come see other peoples cars, make new friends, find things you might want to do to your car, and alot of times you will find some of us who will help you with installing things on your car. The point is, just join! You can be a rust bucket or a Slow POS, we don't care!

Steps to take for new people joining KYPO
    1. Feel free to start a thread and introduce yourself. This way we can tell if we like you or want to tar and feather you for initiation. There are no fees or anything like that, so no worries.

2. Listed Below is the Instant Messenger list of how to get ahold of the members. If you wish to add yours to the list, please post here and you will be added to the list.

3. PICTURES, INFO!!!!!- Feel free to post pics and info of your ride.

4. Try to come out to the events/meets! This part is critical. Some people in other areas have a hard time making it to Louisville where most meets are held and thats understandable. If this is the case, try to get a meet together in your area or in between us and alot of us people in the Ville are down to go.

5. Be courteous, we are just here to have a good time and help each other out so play nice.

Other than that Welcome to KYPO!

To contact any of the members here is our list of Instant Messenger Programs you can get ahold of us on.
    AIM
    Rocko - Cody Willett - RockoXksXrt
    PrObE-hP - Dave Kasselmann - TwIsT_dK or TwIsTdK or something like that
    Lil90pgthottie- Georgette Brown - LiLPgtPrincess
    armyreserve100 - mike bronson - armyreserve100
    93GTSR - Ty Saxon - Ty400hp PGT
    Casper&CP - Chris Perry - cperry7467
    luckygt93 - Brandon - Luckygt93
    Blac_pgt - Chris Royalty - skipster20004
    Kp_god - kevin - godsPGT
    Anal_PGT - Ana1pr0beGT
    jeremy94se - jeremy - jeremy94se
    Merle - Merle Beachy - merledude83
    MSN
    RamairPGT - Jim Brovont - jab1026@excite.com
    Yahoo
    boosted_91 - Daniel Watkins - daprobe91
    Casper&CP - Chris Perry - chrisperry7467
    Last edited by David Halbleib; March 4, 2007, 05:19 PM. Reason: Had to update info.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
    "The difficulty with this conversation is that it's very different from most of the ones I've had of late. Which, as I explained, have mostly been with trees."

Also, here is the link to the KYPO store. http://www.cafepress.com/kypo

I do still have some shirts available at a cheaper price than the store so PM me if you want any.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
    "The difficulty with this conversation is that it's very different from most of the ones I've had of late. Which, as I explained, have mostly been with trees."

Comment

my misstake
      Last edited by never2fast; June 5, 2006, 09:44 PM.
      Honda's are for hair stylist and b!tch's

Comment

Wrong thread, should have started your own, But WELCOME TO PROBE TALK!!!!!! you will love this place, alot of information to be learned here!
        Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but rather to Skid in sideways, Thoroughly Used up, Totally Worn out, and Sreaming " Woo Hoo -- What a Ride " Ok TJs97PGT! Cowboy Boots are not going to save you a Loss! My car is Ready~!

http://www.LouisvilleMojo.com/Iggy

Comment

Things you should know before going to a KYPO meet.

I just wanted to throw this out there to all of the new members that may have no idea what the guidelines of a KYPO meet are.

If you dont have a probe then thats ok, I know alot of PT'ers that use to own probes but moved on and they are still very active members in their POC. Don't let that get in your way of showing up to a meet. Heck, I've driven my taurus to as many probe meets as I've driven my PLX. No one will hold it against you.

Don't be worried that someone is going to verbally bash your car. Paint, dents, scratches, ect shouldn't stop you from comming out to meets. Some probes are approaching 20 years old and shouldn't be expected to be like new so don't let some scuffs, rust, or peeling paint keep you from showing up.

Don't let the fact that you may not know anyone get in the way of you going to a meet. The best way to get to know others is to sit down face to face and start talking. Odd's are you'll have alot more in common than you think.

If you know that you wont be able to go to a meet ahead of time then don't tell everyone that you will be there. I know things come up from time to time and thats ok, but don't say that you'll show up ten times and never make an effort.

Be nice and respectful to everyone online and in person. We've had our share of drama threads before and those were snuffed out like in any other section here on PT. I'm happy to say that we've never had any problems with drama at KYPO meets before. I have seen tons of stupid stuff play out at non probe meets and that only leads to trouble.

Things that you should not do at a meet.

Members should not to be obnoxiously loud when revving their exhaust or showing off their sound system; it gets old and can attract the wrong type of attention. Please, no one wheel burnouts through the parking lot and/or down the street. Please don't try to make donuts in the parking lot during the meet unless its the type you can eat. No racing of any type is allowed unless its on a real track. Do not speed and/or drive recklessly during a meet, ect, ect.

These are things I've seen at non probe meets in the past and hope to never see here at a KYPO meet. The bottom line is to just use common sence and not give anyone reasons to want us to leave our meeting spots.
          Last edited by David Halbleib; March 4, 2007, 08:24 AM. Reason: Double Post

Comment

i didnt know we had kypo thongs... lol

EVERYONE COME TO MEETS DAMMIT! LETS MAKE KY KNOWN FOR PROBING!
            03 Mazdaspeed Protege
            93 MX6 ZE

Comment

well i cant say i read this first but at least i read it and now understand the rules and all lol but thanks everyone for letting me be a part of kypo =]

Comment

well, it's been three years since someone posted here, but Hi! I'm the new guy! 94 Probe GT.Louisville.

Comment

Very interested in becoming part of KYPO

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself to the KYPO community as I am newly registered. My name is Chris Cremeans, I'm 32 male living in Greenup, Ky but raised in southwest Ohio. Im interested in representing Probetalk through KYPO. Ill be happy to provide any information needed.

Chris C. 93.5 gt mtx
                  Last edited by chriscremeansgt; June 26, 2014, 12:10 PM. Reason: Dooh... facepalm should have started a new thread...

Comment

Working...
                  X