Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slave and Master Cylinders - Mazda OEM or specific aftermarket brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slave and Master Cylinders - Mazda OEM or specific aftermarket brand?

So I've read lots of threads about master cylinders going bad over and over, is there a specific brand that is reliable, or should I just go directly with an OEM replacement?

My local mazda dealer can have them in one day, but there are faaaar more expensive than what most replacements are on Rockauto
    '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
    '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Funny this comes up I'm in the same boat. You replacing the booster as well right? From what I read on here as well I think I'll take the hit and go oem myself.

Is there a good suggestion as far as where to get a booster from?

My master is bad and when the car sat a bit I thought I had a or a few piston rings somehow sticking because the car was smoking, well that was until it finished burning all the brake fluid!
    1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound
    2010 Ram 1500 4x4 - Daily Driver
    99 Mustang V6 stock inherited not sure what the plan is

Comment

The brake booster? No, just the clutch slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder.
      '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
      '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

I've read on here from a few threads that if the master goes the booster should be done as well. At least in my case I know I need one for sure.
        1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound

Comment

I have a feeling that's what is going on my 93GT, even the slightest braking puts the brake indicator light on the dash on.

On one instance I had got up to 125 on a backroad and a curve was coming up and I had the pedal straight to the floor and it felt like instant brake fade but without the smell. Pads look good, my 94 GT would lock them up in that situation. My 93 is an ABS car, I'm building it for track duty and at some point will need to address that issue when I upgrade the brakes.
          PhotoPOC(tm)
          MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
          93' PGT not stock
          91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

I laid into the brakes one time some years back and got the brake fade to the floor and mine is an abs car as well. After that the brakes seemed normal after that, but then again the car was only really driven the rest of that summer, after that it pretty much sat for years being only moved around a hand full of times a year and somewhere along the lines the pedal now just feels like a spring that travels with no resistance to the floorboard.

If your pads are thin you may just need to check the brake fluid level once the calipers are rest all the way in then refill the master to the max fill line. When the fluid is low the light will come on, but mine must have burnt out.

Comment

Working...
            X